BITD Bluewater GP Parker AZ

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
Went to Parker with Justin yesterday and had a blast. He was running 3rd or 4th and had a plug wire issue that took a while to sort out and put us a lap down, but managed a finish in 5th or 6th out of 15 or so. The black Teryx with Pink arms and bumpers won it, not sure after that.

Podium pics in no particular order.

BITD Bluewater GP 2009 pictures by azcourt2 - Photobucket

The winners!!!

Justin

BigDog_Arizona

Jan 17, 2009
Mesa AZ
We were running a strong second behind the pink Terex until lap four when a couple of tubes in front end broke and made the car almost imposable to steer. All in all we hade a great time cant weight tell the next one. Congrats to Justin for finally finishing a race and to everyone who finished.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Once again, what a beautifully ran event...

I got to Parker friday afternoon without a codriver. I was just hoping they would let me run without one, but the rules say you must have a codriver and sure enough they werent gonna let me run without one. Luckly, Ray said he could find someone to run with me. He found Mike, who broke his back one year ago fathers day. Mike said he would codrive and he would be ok. We pitted next to Ty Davis (the great MX desert rider) and he said it was the worst silt hes ever seen, mind you he has probably seen silt beds we will never even dream of. Once we staged, it was like 1 minute until the green flag dropped. I couldnt believe we started that fast. I decided before the race started I was gonna take it easy and hope to finish. Well, on the start I found myself in 3rd place at the first corner. The pink teryx and Ray set a ridiculously fast pace the first lap and I couldnt even see them after about 4 miles in. I had clear race track for a while so I tried to pick it up a bit. We ran the first lap flawlessly and were onto the second lap. One mile before the pits on the second lap, the car cut out going up a mountain. I rolled the car backwards and to a flat spot. The car started right up. I figured we were having a fuel issue. Luckily I was able to get the car back to the pits where we put fuel in thinking maybe I was already out of gas after 2 laps (I only have a 4 gallon cell on the car). Went 100 feet and the car stalled again. Came back to the pits and changed the fuel filter. Car went 500 feet and died again. Had a spare fuel pump so we decided to change that but we left the tools back at the pits where we changed the filter. We changed the pump and went another 100 feet and it died. I was about to give up when I decided I better check the plug wire. Sure enough, the plug wire was just laying there. After all this time, we were now down a lap. It was time to start burn laps off as quick as I could. I finally started to pass quite a few people back but they could have been a lap down also, i didnt really know. The last lap, I decided I was gonna hit the water crossing a little faster than I had the previous 4 and also because there was about 100 people watching there now. Bad idea, I hit it so fast, it soaked everything including the spark plug. The car sputtered for about 100 feet and finally picked back up and everything was back to normal luckily. We finally made the finish line after doing 5 rough laps. Im still not sure where I placed, but I finished and thats what Im happy about. The lead Teryx was ridiculously fast.

Ray Im sorry about the misfortune you were haulin the mail too. I cant thank you enough for all the air, tools and supplies you have given me at the track before the races. I want to say thank you to my codriver Mike, it was a good time and Im sure youll feel it for quite a while! Hopefully you get your car done soon.

Once again to Court, who drove me there and pitted for me. He has always been there for my races and had the parts Ive needed last minute and I cant say thank you enough. Hopefully youll get your car done too.

Dave at 2X Motorsports for all my parts on consignment (I know I still owe you!) You always have what I need and can get it immediately if he doesnt. Anybody who needs parts in Phoenix, I cant say enough about everyone at 2X Motorsports.

Jim Castelli, once again for letting me use his rhino which is a beast and can handle the BITD desert races. Maybe I better just buy it...

To Casey Folks, who puts on the best, most organized and on time races Ive ever been to! Anybody who hasnt been to a BITD race, needs to go out and see how well they run them.

One month to the Baja 500, think we can make it?!

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
Congratulations to everyone! It was so hot! It was a great race... BITD races are really the Best in the Desert.. Casey really lives up to his name! And Cory UTVRA great job for teching all those cars in 106 degrees!!
Just to make things clear... it was not me (the girls) in the car this race It was Kevin my husband (the builder) and Chris DeVince as the co-driver. We changed our minds on the driving situation at the last minute. (I gotta let him have some fun, he built a super fun car).. and it was his birthday..
We did not pre-run the course so the terrain was all new to him..
He got the whole shot and I was so proud.. what a great start! The car was handling great through out the course.. real technical lots of turn, u-turns, even went through a garage(house) thing that he got a little crazy in, through a big water crossing and some whoops just fell out of under you... By the third lap they started slowing their pace down, we had radio problems the whole race so it was real hard to communicate. just after lap 3 they lost all brakes... they must have gotten boiling hot from all the hard braking into the corners, so i guess the hill they had to come down was pretty fun with no Brakes! All in all the had a BLAST! The RZR (i believe the KMS car) was running a good pace behind them about 20 seconds until the 4th lap when they had some trouble with the front end. They looked real good out there. We saw the orange Rhino doing real good in third and then started to have some troubles, they looked great though! By the end the green jagged x rzr took 2nd and the pro armor teryx (mike Lasher) took 3rd. Everyone did a great job.. It was super hot out there...
Well we are way hooked and cannot wait to race our next BITD race... It was hard for me to sit this one out, but I ended having blast in the pits cheering them on and pretending to be the pit chief!
Thanks to everyone who got us out here.. My mom and dad
especially mom for spending mothers day with us in the heat...
Custom Creations, Kawasaki, Montclair Motorsports, Web Cam, OMF Beadlocks, Cp Pistons, Sway Away all our sponsors are great! Thanks
O yah and a woo hoo!! to UTV Underground for such a great forum!

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
Here are the results!
Pos # Driver laps make time
1 1931 (Kevin) Kohrell 6 kaw 02:04:27:140
2 1927 Austin Anderson 6 pol 02:07:27:171
3 1924 Michael Lasher 6 kaw 02:14:08:718
4 1929 Jeff Furnell 6 pol 02:15:05:343
5 1912 Mike Cook 5 pol 02:05:50328
6 1936 Matt Peers 5 yam 02:05:53:359
7 1902 Cory Sappington 5 yam 02:06:40:468
8 1939 Justin Sheakley 5 yam 02:11:52:625
9 1947 Jim Creagen 4 art 02:04:59:250
10 1948 Tabor Cresap 3 art 02:16:01:406
11 1911 Steve Irvine 1 yam 02:05:46:281
12 1919 Brandon Schueler 1 pol 02:08:18:468
DNF 1903 Ron Palhegyi 4 yam 01:32:23:796
DNF 1908 Ray Aycox 4 pol 01:45:48:640
DNF 1909 Pierre Perret pol
DNF 1913 Jerome Vinagro pol

i also want to say we met some real great people at these races and look forward to seeing everyone in the future.
We were lucky enough to pit with the Bi_Polar Artic Cat team they are a great bunch of guys...
and Props to Cory's wife Jeanette for driving such a hard race.. She is awesome!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Congratulations to everyone! It was so hot! It was a great race... BITD races are really the Best in the Desert.. Casey really lives up to his name! And Cory UTVRA great job for teching all those cars in 106 degrees!!
Just to make things clear... it was not me (the girls) in the car this race It was Kevin my husband (the builder) and Chris DeVince as the co-driver. We changed our minds on the driving situation at the last minute. (I gotta let him have some fun, he built a super fun car).. and it was his birthday..
We did not pre-run the course so the terrain was all new to him..
He got the whole shot and I was so proud.. what a great start! The car was handling great through out the course.. real technical lots of turn, u-turns, even went through a garage(house) thing that he got a little crazy in, through a big water crossing and some whoops just fell out of under you... By the third lap they started slowing their pace down, we had radio problems the whole race so it was real hard to communicate. just after lap 3 they lost all brakes... they must have gotten boiling hot from all the hard braking into the corners, so i guess the hill they had to come down was pretty fun with no Brakes! All in all the had a BLAST! The RZR (i believe the KMS car) was running a good pace behind them about 20 seconds until the 4th lap when they had some trouble with the front end. They looked real good out there. We saw the orange Rhino doing real good in third and then started to have some troubles, they looked great though! By the end the green jagged x rzr took 2nd and the pro armor teryx (mike Lasher) took 3rd. Everyone did a great job.. It was super hot out there...
Well we are way hooked and cannot wait to race our next BITD race... It was hard for me to sit this one out, but I ended having blast in the pits cheering them on and pretending to be the pit chief!
Thanks to everyone who got us out here.. My mom and dad
especially mom for spending mothers day with us in the heat...
Custom Creations, Kawasaki, Montclair Motorsports, Web Cam, OMF Beadlocks, Cp Pistons, Sway Away all our sponsors are great! Thanks
O yah and a woo hoo!! to UTV Underground for such a great forum!
congrats on your win you guys ran strong the whole race, this is rito from the 1913 acs rzr just wanted to make sure you guys got all $1050 for winning that race i was told cory only said it was from him & jagged x just making sure it all got there we are already cheaters dont want to be thieves to.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Hi this is rito from the 1913 acs rzr the open race was a blast we ran 2nd first race then took lead second lap and ran away with it until last mile coil plug in fell off the clip broke. We fixed everything and was ready to race again but had to wait tell 3pm so we hung around until then. So we are all lined up we are on the outside land rush so we take and hold the outside line then 1911 comes and hits us on the driver rear tire and sends us into the worst barrell roll i counted 3 and 1/2 rolls jerome says 4and 1/2 destroyed the car but everyone walked away. but today jerome and craig have sore necks. Im glad my cage held up and everyone was ok. we will post all pics as soon as i figure it out.

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
congrats on your win you guys ran strong the whole race, this is rito from the 1913 acs rzr just wanted to make sure you guys got all $1050 for winning that race i was told cory only said it was from him & jagged x just making sure it all got there we are already cheaters dont want to be thieves to.
Hey Rito,
Thanks... we were surprised by the extra winnings. They did just say dezert toys and jagged x for 750.00. I had already left a message this morning, because I thought we were over paid and wanted to return the extra $300.00. Wow... thanks a whole bunch. I will make sure you get credit for your part as well. That was a great day and everyone had a blast.
R U ok? i heard something had happened to your car on the 2nd turn but was not sure if it was true?
Thanks rito, I am glad you were able to get back into the race. we will look forward to seeing you at the next one.
Jessi

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
Hi this is rito from the 1913 acs rzr the open race was a blast we ran 2nd first race then took lead second lap and ran away with it until last mile coil plug in fell off the clip broke. We fixed everything and was ready to race again but had to wait tell 3pm so we hung around until then. So we are all lined up we are on the outside land rush so we take and hold the outside line then 1911 comes and hits us on the driver rear tire and sends us into the worst barrell roll i counted 3 and 1/2 rolls jerome says 4and 1/2 destroyed the car but everyone walked away. but today jerome and craig have sore necks. Im glad my cage held up and everyone was ok. we will post all pics as soon as i figure it out.

ok iam still new at using these forums.. wow unbelievable.. i am so glad to hear everyone is ok.
thanks again!

jeffy

Co-Dawg - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 18, 2009
lake havasu city
here is our story(sorry for it being so late i didnt have a computer for a week)

During the unclassified race we were just learning the course and getting dusted by 2 rhinos and quads.The dust was bad. we had been on the horn for a while and they woldnt pull over. when we got to this long straight away there was a quad on the outside and a rhino ahead of us. we were gunna pull over to the outside as soon as we cleared the quad and my dad looked in the mirror to see if we were clear then BAM! there was a u turn and we didnt know and the rhino in front got on there brakes and we slammed into the back of them. we were doing around 35-40 mph when we hit them. it pushed our radiater back and sliced the hose. so we cut where the slice was and slipped the hose back on the radiater and put some water in it and off we went. luckily thats all that happened.

now to the actual race. we got an ok start and when we got out by where the bluewater entrance was we could not see at all! not knowing where we were going we just slowed down until the dust cleared. when it did we where in front of lasher and there teyrx. we were approaching the same corner where we had cut our hose in the unclassified and we slowed down.when we had gotten about half way through the turn lasher nailed the side of out rzr and knocked our window nets off.oh and bruised my dads shoulder haha. so we just waited until we got to the pits to fix that and then we put 5 more clicks of compression in the rear shocks. halfway through the 2nd lap our hood started to come off. so we stopped and had to unbuckle to fix that. which costed us probably 45 secs then towards the end of the lap it started to come off again so we stopped in the pits and had our pit crew pull a few things out and put it back on. that didnt last to long because it came off and everything inside it went in my lap except and can off fix a flat that went under the gas and brake pedal so we had to stop to get that out. after that we had a good race and if we had i more lap i think we would have got 3rd. we finished 4th in the dust of lasher haha not bad for our first desert race.

we would like to thank our sponsers az west, dragonfire racing, lakeview dental ceramics, and makin trax suspension. the afco shocks were awesome and if your looking for a set of shocks call steve at makin trax and he will set you up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000