bitd blue water results

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
well first i want to thank craig from ATD for letting us use his car. We were unable to get ours ready for this weekend. Our goal is to finish the season in the points race with 1937 jerome vinagro driver of record. Practice lap went good got the hole shot and lead tell the end.The only adjustments were to make the rear of car softer.You know wat sucks about this race was the 8 hour gap between this practice race then the real race.We lined up after the 15-20 minute delay sitting in our cars baking.Our car had an issue starting so put us mid pack, then we were off in the massive land rush. I think we ended up 4th or 5th so let the dust start to fly. There was a point i couldn't see the ground and were do you guess we ended up off course by the time we figured it out we let 2 cars by. So know we were in 6th or 7th and we hammered down,we were right on the hole group. We come into the pit and we are all bottle up. On lap 2 we had a flat so we took it easy and just waited to change it in the pits. This put us way back so game on again we were picking them off when the rear of the car said no more. We bluew a rear shock so back to safe mode so we motor on. On the 4th or 5th lap i looked at craig and said do you want to stop at the finish line and wait for the leader, so we get finishing points. He said hell no were going to finish on the lead lap so we motor on.Let me say i like shocks not just the coil spring. We made it back to the finish line with sore necks and sore lower backs.So the 1937 car got 5th place and finishing points, cant complain wat we went through last year. Thanks to all, let the games begin for vegas to reno. See you all there cant wait.

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
What an awsome race!!! The 1929 rzr had a bad start (my fault) we were 14th off the line. I had no choice but to be aggressive and try to pass as many cars as fast as I could. I was behinde the 1917 (red rhino) and was able to follow him and get around 2 cars for me but he got around 3. I got stuck behind the 1989 and rode his bumper for about 3 miles he should have let me go I was all over him! I finally got around him and pushed hard and passed a few more guys and got up to 5th we had 4th place in our sights but we broke an axle on about mile 3 of our 5th lap. We limped it in and waited at the finish line so we could count as a finish. We ended up 7th. Congratulations to all that finished. I want to thank all my sponsers, Rockstar Custom Motorsports, Pitbull Tires and Makin Trax Suspension.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Sharp As A RZR - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
What a day at Bluewater.....Most of you know now since we are building a new ride for vegas to reno I had my wife get a ride in the RZRs before we retired her the car, hahaha. But Bill Fain in the drivers seat ya thats right not me with my wife hahaha.. well liuke Rito said they sat at start for 15 min on film in sun with fire suits on, but it happens still love BITD. Bill off the line in 2nd spot and then the issues started to happen not sure who smacked us but we will find you.. so the shock was hitting the pipe so bill thought he had issues so pulled over and let 8 of ya by, your welcome... he came to pit to find out only pipe bent down no big deal, then lap 3 he was catching up like 2 min a lap. Now the good stuff Bill started to hear trhe belt slapping in the back and said I think we should pull over and get the points.... so we did and could not tell ya were we finished..
Congrats to all that raced and fin ished..
THANKS TO MY SPONSERS, HCR RACING, PITBULL TIRES, SUMMERS BROTHERS AXLES, KING SHOCKS, UTVUNDERGROUND, COOK'S COMMERCIAL.

BE READY FOR VEGAS TO RENO:eek::eek::eek::eek:

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
What a long yet adventures day of racing. We started out with the practice lap and the rhino was running well until the last straight away along the river when our motor let go as we were getting up to max speed. We were done for the day and disappointed. While planning on pushing the rhino for the start Cory offered us the unthinkable. His wifes motor. We had a few hours to pull 2 motors and install Corys motor. With Corys help and, much thanks to Brett, Joe, Sean and Steve we got her ready to go. With no ability to even test the plan was to take it easy. We had a slow start but started passing right away. Took 3 - 4 positions but got a little to aggressive within the first mile was carrying to much speed into the first down hill when we were passing and rolled the rhino down the hill at pretty high speed. (got it on the go pro, and will post it soon) Lucky enough ended up on the wheels and kept going. Thinking how lucky we got we were being a little more cautious. Unfortunately we started to realize in the soft stuff we had blown the front right tire and rear axel in the roll. Finished lap one and decided to put a new axel in and fix the tire. After fixing, back at the course and having fun. The rhino was running great again we were loving the desert toys motor from Cory. Only had time to do 3 laps but had a fun day overall. Looking forward to our new motor to come for v2r. Thanks for everyone's help. BITD has the best events and racers. Can't wait for v2r.

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 9, 2009
Cant wait to see that footage! We had a pretty good run considering this was the first race in Brett's Rhino. We had a great start but could not hold the lead due to cooling issues and I think his first gear is totally shot. I do have some video of the start until we pushed the 200 gallons of water out of the way on the track. Wondering if the water truck got stuck, maybe thats why we were staged soo long?:rolleyes: Anyway video sucks from that point to about the barn before I finnaly cleaned lens (not used to co-driving). The water took out our communications for about a lap before drying out. Had a great time, love the river for a pit, and it was great to have a designated driver!:D

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
i see there is a tie for the points lead between jason murray and mike cook. I hope everything is ok jason after that roll over. You guys busted your ass to get that motor in.Mike i hope you guys got that motor running write it didnt sound to good after the practice lap.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
i see there is a tie for the points lead between jason murray and mike cook. I hope everything is ok jason after that roll over. You guys busted your ass to get that motor in.Mike i hope you guys got that motor running write it didnt sound to good after the practice lap.
Where did you find the points standings after the BWGP? If you have it please post. Thx

RZRS EDGE BILL

Cuttin' Up The Desert! - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 24, 2009
....WOW finished tenth.... what didn't go wrong? Well lets start at the top. When
racing the last part of the Silver State 300 the car was cutting out, like running
out of fuel or something....We changed filters checked wiring and obviously had
no time to test with the exception of a drive around the block in which the car ran
fine. Now the Race..We did a practice lap in the morning and were still having the
issue with the car running poorly and car though had more clearance was still
bottoming out a bit....So anyway I added about and 1'' of preload to rear and 1/2''
to the front. We had already set the ride height to 13'' before we left for the race
with us in the car! then we proceeded to try and figure out our motor issue....we
thought maybe the TPS sensor was bad though no one had another so we
adjusted it with a volt meter and richened the mixture up! Car seemed better but
where basically in an impound so could not test! We started the race and got a
good hole shot to 2nd out of like 18 utvs. Car seemed great, then it all the sudden
felt like we had a flat, or broke a motor mount or something....did not no just felt
banging under my feet? We pulled over and I just looked out the window and did
not see anything....meanwhile we got passed by a lot......we proceeded to the
start finish line to further assess damages and found that someone had actually
driven half way up the rear of our roll cage and when they came down, Bent the
dmc exhaust onto or almost onto the rear A arm. So we bent up and continued
on! Now lets go get um....so we are gaining on the field and I get a battery light so
we turned off GPS, Parker pumps etc. and switched on our supplemental battery
which got the light off for a while. Then the instrument cluster started to come
loose from dash and I was driving with one hand and holding it with the other so
we hit the pit on lap three to get some duct tape....When i stopped the car it died
and I put it in neutral and it started again but then could not put in gear as It
seemed that the clutch was stuck engaged.....I had the crew push me with the car
running and we crammed it in gear and were on our way....The car is not running
so hot at this point we needed to get a finish so we pressed on and even passed a
couple more...then on the last straight away before the start finish which is the
paved road along the River, I heard what I thought was the belt coming apart so I
limped it back to the finish line and waited for leader to pass and then got a finish
as when the leader completes his last lap the race is over for everyone when ever
they pass the finish line....we could have tried another lap before leader came by
but may not have made it! So anyway I will say this, The HCR suspension with
Summers brothers axels and KING shocks was incredible, they soaked up
everything we could throw at them and were smooth, never thought it could be as
good as it was, The Pit Bull Tires with now two races on them and no flats look to
be ready for anouther race!...Thanks HCR, Summers Brothers, King,
UTVUNDERGROUND, Marks Nuts and bolts, HD graffix, and of course Cook's
commercial glazing for all there help and support...oh and as for the belt I thought
was coming apart...yes it was. We will be ready for VTR and on the up side I
believe we are now tied for first in points so I guess not all bad but others gained
on us quite a bit so must be solid here on out. THATS RACING !:eek:

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
First of all I would like to thank all of you for coming out to race. I know some of you drive a ways and it was great to have you and we hope that you had a good time. Next, we had a fantastic race and finished behind the best. I am very proud to say that I was 4th! We raced hard and had a great time. Thanks to my husband, Eric, who is my fabricator, crew cheif and trainer. I would not be hanging with all you guys without him! Thank you to all my crew memebers, we couldn't do it with you either! Thanks to my sponsors: Rockstar Custom Motorsports, Lonestar Racing, OMF, Muzzy's, Billetking and Webcam. The car runs great and soaks up anything I give it. Congrats to my teammate and friend Brian for a fabulous finish!!!! I can't wait til next time! Oh yeah, I cannot forget that I want to say that Cory deserves an award for all he does for anyone that needs anything. Not just anyone would give up a motor and do the work also! We are happy those guys got back out on the track and we should make sure that Cory gets his just deserves!

RZRS EDGE RACING

Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
First of all I would like to thank all of you for coming out to race. I know some of you drive a ways and it was great to have you and we hope that you had a good time. Next, we had a fantastic race and finished behind the best. I am very proud to say that I was 4th! We raced hard and had a great time. Thanks to my husband, Eric, who is my fabricator, crew cheif and trainer. I would not be hanging with all you guys without him! Thank you to all my crew memebers, we couldn't do it with you either! Thanks to my sponsors: Rockstar Custom Motorsports, Lonestar Racing, OMF, Muzzy's, Billetking and Webcam. The car runs great and soaks up anything I give it. Congrats to my teammate and friend Brian for a fabulous finish!!!! I can't wait til next time! Oh yeah, I cannot forget that I want to say that Cory deserves an award for all he does for anyone that needs anything. Not just anyone would give up a motor and do the work also! We are happy those guys got back out on the track and we should make sure that Cory gets his just deserves!

You all kick butt in Parker, that is for sure. Hope to see you out there again this year think we have 2 more out there this year...
If not we will see you at SGP.

RZRS EDGE RACING

Nov 23, 2009
Arizona
Ya we found the problem but could not fix it. and now have other issues we have found. Like you told us need to look at that stuff after every long race, think the SS300 did the clutch in

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Hey Rito how did you like having room in the cockpit for a change
loved the room you could stretch your feet out.That motor has some torque to it but that rear shock set up way to stiff.You need to get hooked up with craig and start to change it we need him at parker for the 3 day event. We both have some paying back to do or redeem our selfs.

B&A Motorsports

Apr 28, 2010
loved the room you could stretch your feet out.That motor has some torque to it but that rear shock set up way to stiff.You need to get hooked up with craig and start to change it we need him at parker for the 3 day event. We both have some paying back to do or redeem our selfs.
Have him give us a call we can get that thing dialed in.Thats one thing i wish we could have done for that car before Ryan sold it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000