Best wheel/tire combo for r1 in glamis?

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
What have you guys had the best luck with out there? Need to get something ordered for this season

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
not sure, with my 26x12x12 16 paddle STU's on 10" wide wheels i had too much bite. then i cut everyother paddle off and it was better but still too much.

the Weller gearing is too tall for paddles. 54 rear is too small, not enough wheel spin. i have a 68 tooth rear sproket i had made but have not installed it. this sproket will get my gear ratio right around 5:1. that would be the same ratio most mini rails use.

i will loose some ground clearance but in the sand i am not worried about it at all.

this dune season will be great with all of the R1 power plants out there we should be able to get some good insight as to what really works.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Tyler ran big ol' 16 paddle Sand Blasters last season......with a 12tooth front sprocket, those would be a lot of fun. I prefer to go the 'no paddle' route - I ran Big Horns all last season and had a blast. It's fun to slide the back end around the bowls, and traction was never an issue - even at the drags. I will either run my Big Horns again this season or try out my Ceros and see how I like those......

SR1 + dunes = one helluva good time! :)

AudioAddiction44

IVY Racing SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 11, 2009
AZ
I did run 16 paddle mini rail paddles. I had a 13 sprocket on it. It was a little hard on the clutch. Gear it down or shave some off every other paddle i think will be the ticket. It sure was fun slipping the clutch in third gear and wheeling the birm at the drags. (maybe thats what happened to the clutch) Its plenty of tire they just make it hard to take off. Don't park facing up hill. You'll be screwed. They do take some getting use too. But what a blast.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I havent ran them yet....but these are going to be the ticket I think. 26x12x12 10 paddle

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
my brother has a set of itp mud lites that he isnt using. I might try those to see how they work in the dunes since they are free. Has anyone used these? They have bigger treads that the dirt tires i have on the rhino now so hopefully they will work well. I dont want to buy paddles and find out they are too much bite like you guys are saying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000