Best Places to Ride in Arizona?

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
I live in Arizona and I always end up going to the same places. Where are your favorite places to go in Arizona or close to Arizona? I like all riding styles and terrain, but going fast in the desert is my favorite. The only problem I might have is ground clearance. I've been to Box Canyon, Bloody Basin, Sedona, Prescott, Tusayan, Crown King, Page, and Happy Jack and some other places.

Last edited:

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
I've been wanting to go to the Flagstaff cinders. How much riding is there at the cinders? Are there any places nearby? I also heard the coke ovens were good. I've heard mixed things about Parker. What about southern California, Nevada, or Utah? I've heard good stuff about Utah and Nevada. I'm looking for some day trips and some weekend trips. I've also been thinking about a long trip to Moab, Pismo, Johnson Valley, Plaster City, or the Coral Pink Dunes.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I've been wanting to go to the Flagstaff cinders. How much riding is there at the cinders? Are there any places nearby? I also heard the coke ovens were good. I've heard mixed things about Parker. What about southern California, Nevada, or Utah? I've heard good stuff about Utah and Nevada. I'm looking for some day trips and some weekend trips. I've also been thinking about a long trip to Moab, Pismo, Johnson Valley, Plaster City, or the Coral Pink Dunes.
Tons at the cinders but bring a dust mask and also bring Tylenol after the beating you'll take from the whoops!

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
I Live in Flagstaff, AZ and I will tell you that I avoid the cinders like the plague. So many better places to ride up here but it has taken me 8 years as a resident to find them all. They are not on any maps which is weird but I can direct you to them. send me a PM if you want to come up and go riding with us some time. We usually go every weekend in the summer.

Reactions: GilaBrew

solina

Sep 11, 2013
Ontario Canada
Not to hijack the thread but sort of related. I'm headed down to Gold Canyon on Friday for a week away from the snow. Any utv rental places around that way? I saw a couple but they require trailering to the trails.
Thanks

dotcomdewd

May 8, 2014
This is a good topic as I am wondering the same. Looking forward to more responses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
I just got back from the coke ovens. A lot of people have told me it's a great ride but I didn't enjoy it that much. The views were great but there was a lot of climbing and crawling over big rocks. We bottomed out a lot and shredded the sides of the car. We also had an overheating issue, but I don't think was because of the ride. It sounded like the fan was about to give out. Our rzr was in low the whole time. It's definitely not my type of riding but if that's what you like, go for it.

Last edited:

dude1782

Future UTV Racer
Jan 13, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
I was just made aware that there's another way to get to the coke ovens and it's more enjoyable than the other. From my experience, it sounds like I went the wrong way. Our riding buddies that we didn't go with this time said they'd take us the other way.

Last edited:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
just did a 80 mile loop at Florence Junction. Rode past Coke ovens up through Walnut Canyon to Superior for lunch and then back past Ajax mine to the staging area. Lots a great riding in that area.

That xp1k limo will have lots of issues in the desert from not making switchback turns to dragging your frame on rocks. You need to stick to dunes and paved roads if you dont like a little AZ pinstriping.

Cumpy

Feb 7, 2015
You mentioned going to Moab, Rally on the Rocks is May 13-16th. All of the manufacturers will be there and lots of vendors. This will be my first trip to Moab, I heard its a awesome time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000