Best Place in Mammoth to Camp & Ride???

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for your advice on the best place in Mammoth to Camp & Ride. Here is what ultimately I want to do.

I want to either rent a cabin in an area I can ride from, or Camp with an RV in an area I can ride from.

I would prefer it to be on or close to a lake.

I would like to be able to access a lot of cool OHV legal trails to explore.

Fishing and Swimming would be fun to do as well.

Looking to take a summer trip with a few military veterans and do some fun UTV riding.

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Joey D.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Glass Creek or Big Springs....ride straight out of camp. Its dry camping but free and there are fishable streams in camp. Access to hundreds of miles of trails. You can also camp at the New or Old Shady Rest camp with partial hookups and can drive out of camp. I have gone all the way from Shady Rest to Mono Lake and back. You will need to stop at the June Lake turn off Shell for gas. You can also rent cabins at Mammoth Mtn RV resort and trailer across the highway to the trailhead. They have swimming, horseshoes, laundry there. Sherwin Creek up to Laurel Lake is a nice day ride. Only about 20 miles but worth it.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Joey, Roger Diaz, 10-04 Racing, lives in Mammoth. Your want the 411 or a guided tour hit him up. Here or on FB.

Side note, waaaaay back before racing we used to take the family up for 5 days, 2 day of downhill MTB, and 2 trail riding, 1 to recover. We could go 150 a day and never hit the same road (except for the tunnel) twice. its a great time.

Kevlar

dunechaser1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 8, 2009
Visalia, Ca
www.dunechasers.com
I lived in Mammoth from 87 to 88 and know the area pretty well. I've camped at Glass Creek where you can ride out of camp to just about anywhere. Favorite rides were to Hot Creek where you can go for a soak, June Lake, and Laurel Lakes. Trails are dusty so pray for a little rain. Other diversions are the hike to Devils Postpile or rent a mtn bike at the Main lodge and ride the gondola to the top. My favorite Mtn Bike trail is Rock Creek down to Paradise. Mtn Biking & SKiing were my first loves prior to getting old :D:D:D

Bring your fishing pole.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Joey, stay at Sherwin Creek, Glass creek or big Springs. We go every summer. I'll tag you on my drifters page, but if you have any questions, I know the trails very well. We have 21 campsites booked out for sherwin creek in July and over 20 utv's showing up.

June lake

Amazing views

Lookout mountain

Great fishing

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Joey, stay at Sherwin Creek, Glass creek or big Springs. We go every summer. I'll tag you on my drifters page, but if you have any questions, I know the trails very well. We have 21 campsites booked out for sherwin creek in July and over 20 utv's showing up.

June lake

Amazing views

Lookout mountain

Great fishing
We have been camping and hiking that area for years. Love the June lake loop but we have never taken our dirt toys. We want to plan a trip so we can do both. what dates will you be there? I've got to get my fish on, but it would be cool to get some rides in with a group that knows the trails.
Mark

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
We have been camping and hiking that area for years. Love the June lake loop but we have never taken our dirt toys. We want to plan a trip so we can do both. what dates will you be there? I've got to get my fish on, but it would be cool to get some rides in with a group that knows the trails.
Mark
We will be camped at Glass Creek (free) from June 30th - July 3rd. Then we are headed over to Sherwin creek ($18 a night) from July 3rd - 11th. I believe sherwin is mostly booked out. But there are some sites that are non reservable. Let me know if you decide to tag along!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000