Best bang for the buck?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I need more lights on my rzr and have been drooling over all the different lights out their. I don't want to break the bank but I want something to give me good distance and decent peripheral light. Eventually I am thinking a bar on the roof, a pillar lights and some on the bumper. I like the BD squadrons but for their price I can buy a 30" bar and some 2x2 lights. And still be money ahead. Help! Lol

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Have you put HIDs in place of the stock bulbs? 40 bucks from eBay.
will that work for 2010 S ? If so, you got a link? Thanks

OP - I got 30" Totron bar (their newest generation one)... couldn't be happier... very good bang for buck, turns night into day! FYI

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley

OP - I got 30" Totron bar (their newest generation one)... couldn't be happier... very good bang for buck, turns night into day! FYI
Yup, it'll work. You have to find out what the stock bulb type is, and then order the hid conversion kit off eBay for that bulb type. Get the 55 watt, in 6000k. I have them in my wife's rzr4, and it makes the stock lights about 3 times better!

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013

I also have a totron 40" bar so far I am very happy with it. I paid $375 for it

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Ok, thanks.

Stuff I'm finding looks pretty pricey at $200 or so.... I think I'll stick w/the old stocker bulbs. lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2013-P...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b59bb9f1&vxp=mtr

Frankie, this is the seller I get all my HIDs for my cars and my old RZR S from... 30 watt 5000k color.. Order them and then send the seller a message for the color temp and bulb type and tell them to make sure all wires are included for plug n play.

Seller is 2453dee, heres a set for sell $33 shipped which is what I usually pay... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SLIM-HID-CO...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item41647deef2

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
If you are looking for distance than stick with a HID light. The 4" round HID lights from Kragen work really well and are pretty cheap.

I am sure there are vendors on this sight that sell them as well.

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
How's the distance on these cheaper bars?
I'm not sure exact distance, but honestly its PLENTY.. when we where at Little Sahara, I parked at top of hill and turned on lightbar... it looked like a football stadium lighting up down below, it's very impressive. We had full size rail pull up w/40" RIGID lightbar... and mine was brighter with farther throw. To be fair.. I'm not sure how old the Rigid bar was though.... at least 2-3 yrs I'd guess. FYI

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
My buddy has a 40" rigid and my totron is just as bright if not brighter. I also had 4 7" hid lights at one point and I would rather have the light bar they are amazing at night.

JRLoos

Dec 3, 2011
My buddy has a 40" rigid and my totron is just as bright if not brighter. I also had 4 7" hid lights at one point and I would rather have the light bar they are amazing at night.
I disagree with this statement about the rigid vs totron. My brother in law has a 20" double row totron and I have the rigid E-series double row. Mine is about 1/3 brighter in comparison. I actually paid less than he did, so I'm not trying to cover my losses by any means.

However, If I had not gotten such a good deal on my rigid, I would have bought the totron.

07rhintax

Mar 9, 2013
I disagree with this statement about the rigid vs totron. My brother in law has a 20" double row totron and I have the rigid E-series double row. Mine is about 1/3 brighter in comparison. I actually paid less than he did, so I'm not trying to cover my losses by any means.

However, If I had not gotten such a good deal on my rigid, I would have bought the totron.
I don't know what series my buddy's light bar is I'm just speaking from experience his is in no way brighter than mine. We both have 40" dual row light bars. But my buddy rolled going 60+mph and his light bar is just fine he only broke the mounting tabs. The rigids are very tough and the customer service is amazing.

superdean

my07rhino
Jun 17, 2009
Hanford, CA

Was it the newest Totron with cree LED's? They are a lot brighter than the originals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000