BE SAFE!

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Guys and gals,

With a very long weekend coming up i just wanted to give a shout out about safety!

This past Sunday my brother in law had a few to many to drink and decided to load my 9 year old son up for a ride with out my concent, he had never driven my Rhiino before and quick as a flash he was gone tearing up the trails and roads, my wife and i tried to go after him but had no luck, as i tured around he came down a trial and jumped through a ditch, after that he powered back on the main road and proceeded to power slide with speeds around 30MPH, the Rhino hit a rock and rolled over, (my son was smart enough to put his 6 point harness on, he is 9) My brother in law did not, he also tried to stick his hand out to stop the roll.

They are aputating his left hand today!

My point? Please remember your life can change in single moment, always buckle up, even if its just a quick spin, never let anybody that does not know how to drive a SXS drive unless they have some knowledge.
Life too short and your family and friends need you back.

With that being said, I hope everybody has a very safe and fun Labor day weekend.

Craig

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I am glad your son was not hurt!!! That would have been tragic! It is tragic he is losing his hand !!!!!!! However he did it. Your son would have been a victim with no control. I wish all a speedy recovery!!!

The truth is it is not worth it sometimes, that is drinking and driving even if it is a bicycle !

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Craig, I'm sorry to hear this. I'm glad your son is ok and I'm sure that is due to you teaching him safety first. I pray a speedy recovery for your brother in law. It's amazing how one bad decision can change our whole life.

-Ryan

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
I am glad your son was not hurt!!! That would have been tragic! It is tragic he is losing his hand !!!!!!! However he did it. Your son would have been a victim with no control. I wish all a speedy recovery!!!

The truth is it is not worth it sometimes, that is drinking and driving even if it is a bicycle !
You are 100% correct, we all have done it, Does not make it right, but just be careful, it only takes one wrong move to change everything.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks! he is a good kid I am glad he did the right thing, after the flip he knew to turn electric fuel pump off and turn the batt switch off. Boy makes his daddy proud!
That was very awesome he thought of those things!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Sorry Craig , wish it didn't happen and there has been a lot of good word said in this thread to live by and I hope every one has a safe and fun time this weekend .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000