Barstow to Vegas 2012

Jershum

Feb 15, 2012
Victorville, CA
Ok I have been able to download the kmz file track to my galaxy note 2 and I can turn on my gps and track the route. Sweet
I've been checking out getting a GPS, I have wanted one, but I'm useing this ride as an excuse to get one.. I'm having a hard time finding one that will track a new path and save it for a reasonable amount of money.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
I've been checking out getting a GPS, I have wanted one, but I'm useing this ride as an excuse to get one.. I'm having a hard time finding one that will track a new path and save it for a reasonable amount of money.
I have found that going cheap ends up costing more than buying the real deal. I would just get a lowrance. If I had 700 saved I woukd buy one.

Jershum

Feb 15, 2012
Victorville, CA
I have found that going cheap ends up costing more than buying the real deal. I would just get a lowrance. If I had 700 saved I woukd buy one.
True, and that will be the end game for me, but I was hoping to find one that would work for now, then I could stuff it in the glove box later next season when I get the lowrance :D

Bart

UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 10, 2012
Canyon Lake, Ca.
True, and that will be the end game for me, but I was hoping to find one that would work for now, then I could stuff it in the glove box later next season when I get the lowrance :D
i use this simple set up, and it has got me back to camp and helped me get back to broke down riders quite a few times...paid $160 for GPS and mount...

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca

Attachments

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
View attachment 10047View attachment 10048View attachment 10049View attachment 10050View attachment 10051 I downloaded this app on my I phone unthinkable I paid $4.00 for it and it works really good. I used it for the GPS in the pure 200 race last weekend. When I find a cool jump in Glamis I will pin point it. Records and follows tracks really good. Best $4 I have spent for the dezert. Made a mount for it on the oh shit bar for my co dog to use. Check it out.
Does it require a cell tower connection

Flatblack

Mar 28, 2013
Menifee ca
View attachment 10047View attachment 10048View attachment 10049View attachment 10050View attachment 10051 I downloaded this app on my I phone unthinkable I paid $4.00 for it and it works really good. I used it for the GPS in the pure 200 race last weekend. When I find a cool jump in Glamis I will pin point it. Records and follows tracks really good. Best $4 I have spent for the dezert. Made a mount for it on the oh shit bar for my co dog to use. Check it out.
Been messing with this for about a hr. it's really cool. Easy to use and is only .99 now! Good find!

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
Also one of our I t guys says he has an old lowrance 7 inch black and white that I could probably borrow for the ride. He said he wasnt sure if he has the antenna. Gotta go find out w when I get a chance.

Plumber

Ridin' Dirty
Jun 26, 2012
Apple Valley
i use this simple set up, and it has got me back to camp and helped me get back to broke down riders quite a few times...paid $160 for GPS and mount...

Even though this is a nice simple setup, I think that I would rather save up to buy a lowrance xtr .

Bart

UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 10, 2012
Canyon Lake, Ca.
Even though this is a nice simple setup, I think that I would rather save up to buy a lowrance xtr .
yeah dont get me wrong the Lowrance is awesome...im just sayin this setup more then works for me...its done everything i need it to do, plus i can just pop it out of the holder and use it in other vehicles, including my desert bike, and my wife and I also use it on hikes...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000