Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
We've added something special to the S1 family!

Welcome the S1 Spot, Laser :)

Designed from the ground up our S1 Laser fills the shoes of a large light in a small package! With the 2.1" length, width, and height the S1 is highly versatile for any application that is in need of light. Projecting a single laser chip through our proprietary High Speed Spot optic, this light produces an extremely tight 1.5° pattern, and distance that is untouchable by any LED or HID platform. If your truck, jeep, or UTV requires the ultimate in distance lighting look no further than the S1 Laser.

(Patent Pending)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON THE S1 LASER

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Baja Designs | SAE Compliance Service Bulletin

In November 2019 a third party made Baja Designs aware that the SAE Squadron was out of compliance with J583 guidelines. We immediately shipped samples to a testing facility for further verification. Our testing discovered that the light was over by 119 candelas on the upward horizontal axis. In more understandable terms, that is the equivalent of 1.19 candles at 10 meters. Our engineering department has been working on a fix for existing customers ensuring their SAE Squadron’s comply. We have developed a lens insert that has been tested and confirmed by Intertek, the global leader in compliance testing, that can be installed into existing products.

Current backorders of our SAE Squadron will ship in 3-4 weeks. Existing customers can either install the insert themselves or contact Baja Designs directly requesting a shipping label. Once we receive the light in-house, our trained technicians will update the SAE Squadron followed by expediting the now compliant Squadron back free of charge.

Please reach out to Baja Designs directly ensuring your SAE Squadron is updated within a timely manner.

CONTACT US:
877-752-2613 --- [email protected]

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
**** NEW PRODUCT ALERT FOR CAN-AM X3 UTV OWNERS ****

Our team spent copious amounts of time at the R&D table with this kit, our end result was creating a light kit that will give you the performance and style your Can-Am X3 deserves. With the low amperage draw of the six S1 lights this kit won't draw a substantial amount over the stock lights though will greatly improve your driving experience. With our plug and play wiring system and precision cut and bent brackets installation is a breeze. If you're looking for lights that will set your X3 apart from the crowd and also give you race quality lighting this is the kit for you!

PRE-ORDER HERE

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Polaris RZR Pro XP Kits

With the recent release of the all-new 181 horsepower Polaris RZR Pro XP, our engineers quickly went to work and designed five different lighting solutions in twelve different variations. We are proud to announce that we are first to market in aftermarket lighting kits for the Pro XP.

2020 XP Pro.jpg

44-7156 | Polaris, RZR, Pro XP (20-On) Headlight Kit, Pro - Retail: $949.95

44-7157 | Polaris, RZR, Pro XP (20-On) Headlight Kit, Unlimited - Retail: $1,329.95

Link: Baja Designs

Since our recent launch of the S1 LED, we are now able to provide an extreme performance headlight package within the limited size of the Pro XP OEM headlight area. With the compact design of the S1, our engineers were able to mount three S1s into each headlight assembly. This headlight kit incorporates 304 stainless steel powder coated mounting brackets/bezels, a plug-and-play harness, and stainless-steel hardware. The headlight replacement offerings will be sold as “Pro” and “Unlimited” variations with the top level including two of the new S1 Laser lights.

2020 XP Pro headlight kit.jpg

44-7169 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Lower Bumper Kit, Sport D/C Clear - Retail: $309.95

44-7170 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Lower Bumper Kit, Sport D/C Amber - Retail: $319.95

44-7171 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Lower Bumper Kit, Pro D/C Clear - Retail: $509.95

44-7172 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Lower Bumper Kit, Pro D/C Amber - Retail: $519.95

The Lower Bumper Kit is a simple solution for enthusiasts who need additional near/mid field light in a small yet affordable package. This kit features a powder coated stainless steel bolt on bracket that includes dual mounting ports for a pair of Squadron-series LEDs. The lower bumper kit comes plug and play out of the box with all the necessary hardware and wiring harnesses needed for a turnkey solution on the new Polaris RZR Pro XP.
2020 XP Pro Lower Bumper kit.jpg
(Note: images above display wide cornering lenses instead of driving/combo)

44-7175 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Roof Bar Kit, 30” S8 - Retail: $994.95

44-7176 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP Roof Bar Kit, 30” OnX6+ - Retail: $1,249.95

The Roof Bar kit is specifically designed to mount any Baja Designs 30” light bar to the stock cage of a Polaris RZR Pro XP with no need for drilling or cutting. Each kit will include either a 30” S8 or OnX6+ light bar, powder coated stainless steel brackets, wiring harness and hardware. Note: The S8 option will include an additional fuse tap wiring adapter that will enable users to activate the amber backlit LEDs when the ignition is engaged. This stylish feature brings an attraction to the eye while using minimal amp draw to the alternator.

2020 XP Pro roof bar kit.jpg

44-7166 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP (20-On) Hood Mount Kit, 10" S8 - Retail: $454.95

44-7167 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP (20-On) Hood Mount Kit, 10" OnX6 - Retail: $529.95

Looking for more distance and mid-field with minimal hood glare? Our hood mount kit is a sleek solution for giving you that extra visibility down the road ahead. Each kit will offer a 10” S8 or OnX6+ light bar, powder coated stainless steel brackets, wiring harness and hardware. Each bracket has been designed to mount onto the vehicle’s OEM hood bolt locations while providing minimal vision interference. Like the roof mount kit, the S8 option will also include an additional fuse tap wiring adapter that will activate the amber backlit LEDs when the ignition is engaged.

2020 XP Pro hood mount kit.jpg

44-7177 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP RTL Kit, RTL - Retail: $539.95

Link: https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Polaris-RZR-Pro-XP-RTL-Kit-RTL.asp

44-7178 | Polaris, RZR Pro XP RTL Kit, RTL-S - Retail: $614.95

Link: https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Polaris-RZR-Pro-XP-RTL-Kit-RTL-S.asp

Our last kit we have made for the Polaris RZR Pro XP is our RTL kits (Rear Tail Light). Each kit will come with either an RTL or RTL-S, powder coated stainless steel brackets, wiring harness, wiring adapter and hardware. The RTL-S will include our turn signal harness which will allow users to utilize their blinkers in areas where RZR Pro XPs are street legal. Our engineer team designed this kit to have little to no rear-view vision interference. The install is clean and simple with each bracket mounting to the back of the Pro XP’s stock cage using the vehicle’s existing cage bolts.

2020 XP Pro RTL kit.jpg

jackroom1995

Apr 16, 2020
I travel a lot at night and was debating on getting a nicer light bar for my truck vs the $30.99 ebay/amazon special but seeing the price difference from cheap ones to the high end name brand ones scare me. Are they really 9apps Showbox worth it? I really am liking the KC HiLites Gravity Pro6 light bars as they don't have the run of the mill led bar look to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baja Designs

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I travel a lot at night and was debating on getting a nicer light bar for my truck vs the $30.99 ebay/amazon special but seeing the price difference from cheap ones to the high end name brand ones scare me. Are they really worth it? I really am liking the KC HiLites Gravity Pro6 light bars as they don't have the run of the mill led bar look to them.
The cheap lights on amazon are exactly that cheap. The patterns are just ok, they do fine for a lot of people. Their is no comparison tho when it comes to build quality and beam patterns. Most cheap lights are either flood or spot. I love my BD lights I can change beam patterns and colors really easy. You don’t need a big roof bar when two 4K lumen squadrons will throw more than enough light and pick your patterns for your driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
I travel a lot at night and was debating on getting a nicer light bar for my truck vs the $30.99 ebay/amazon special but seeing the price difference from cheap ones to the high end name brand ones scare me. Are they really snaptube vidmate worth it? I really am liking the KC HiLites Gravity Pro6 light bars as they don't have the run of the mill led bar look to them.
No need to be scared! :) We understand that the price point may be high, but we truly believe in the quality we present to our customers. We manufacture, machine, design, engineer, and run everything in house. Here's a little campaign that we ran that identifies what makes us unique in this industry. https://www.bajadesigns.com/content/Knock-off-the-Lies.asp We also back up all of our LED products with a limited lifetime warranty. Please let me know if you have any questions on our products, and I'll be happy to assist!

-Paul M.

jackroom1995

Apr 16, 2020
Check your primary weights and make sure the primary is operating normal. my rollers went bad and gouged the primary weight so bad they Kodi nox wouldn't release the primary which killed the engine. Not while in the throttle however.

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Hey guys - Just wanted to share a brief announcement.

Temporary LED Change
Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Due to a global pandemic Baja Designs has experienced an increased scarcity of LEDs in our tightly controlled temperature range. This shortage affects our OnX6+, LP6, LP4, XL80, Squadron Pro, S2 Pro, and S1 series of lights. Rather than halting production at our San Marcos, CA facility, Baja Designs has opted to source LEDs in a lower color temperature range without sacrificing the performance and quality enthusiasts expect from Baja Designs. Beginning February 17th, 2021, Baja Designs will be shipping lights with a combination of LEDs ranging from 4000k-5000k.

Although we have long established that 5000k is the ideal color temperature, LEDs in the 4000-4500k color range are preferred to alternative LEDs more commonly available in the 5700K and up ranges. As such, we find that this solution is the most favorable option to continue manufacturing a premium product.

If you have any questions or concerns about this temporary LED change, you can ask here or DM me for more info.

4000k vs 5000k.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000