Baja 500 what did you break

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
I saw a post like this on RDZ and thought it was interesting. So please post what you broke at the Baja 500.
1904 Desert Toyz we broke 2 steer racks, 3 tie rod end bolts, bent 1 tie rod end, cracked the frame where the steer rack mounts and the steer rack mount, (Thanks to Jagged X for lending us their welder to fix it!), 2 outer front cv's and a rear sway bar link. We did not have any flats. We ran 12 psi and had no beadlock wheels. We also raced all 446 miles with the same drive belt.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nothing to speak of. We changed a belt in pits just for good measures. It will need a new set of panels before V2R:)

ALBANATE

Feb 13, 2012
1 rear shock
Steering Rack
1 rim/tire
Race Radio
GPS
And 1 driver, LOL, sorry Tom.

All by mile 54.

Nate
Alba Racing

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Johnny's bank!:D Other than that, our frame and front diff. Oh, ans the transfer case in our chase vehicle. WTF down in San Vincente!

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
One cv boot, and was fed up sitting behind the 855 speed truck forever. Rolled trying to get around a bottle neck after that, and ran 250 miles with no diff oil as a result. Good to know they don't need oil!!!

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Nothing to speak of. We changed a belt in pits just for good measures. It will need a new set of panels before V2R:)

How about putting wheels on the sides of the car instead of building new panels for me???

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Stopped to bang an air filter out because it wouldn't run over 30 and an intermittent dying issue in the last 100 miles. Once I pulled on the finishing stage I shut the car off and it hasn't restarted since....

rzr 1930

Sep 14, 2010
Hmmm let's see,

Lower front A-arm
Front axle and CV
Steering Rack
2-billet wheel centers
Part of my tongue!:eek:

All good and fixable, congrats to all the finishers, course appeared to be very challenging! These vehicles have come along way!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Stopped to bang an air filter out because it wouldn't run over 30 and an intermittent dying issue in the last 100 miles. Once I pulled on the finishing stage I shut the car off and it hasn't restarted since....
Hey Branden, wanna see our dirt:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?! This silt came out of the filter by just lightly tapping the filter against the ground! Enough silt (volume wise) to fill our tranny or diffs!! It is the way that we limped into the finish line. I'm thinking that I need to install a pre-filter at the inlet inside of the car that the co-driver can reach while racing. He then could tap out the dirt regularly from the pre-filter, and avoid clogging up the main one.

Attachments

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
Hey Branden, wanna see our dirt:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:?! This silt came out of the filter by just lightly tapping the filter against the ground! Enough silt (volume wise) to fill our tranny or diffs!! It is the way that we limped into the finish line. I'm thinking that I need to install a pre-filter at the inlet inside of the car that the co-driver can reach while racing. He then could tap out the dirt regularly from the pre-filter, and avoid clogging up the main one.
Hahaha wow! Looks about right! I was tapping mine out in the desert saying to myself, "well it looks like I found my 30mph problem" that's awesome though Reid! I wish I could have saved my silt to see how it compared!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Saving silt? That's the name of my new band! It appears that I have way too much time on my hands, and I really DON'T!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000