Baja 500 Support

Shane Redline

Apr 3, 2017
Wanted to see if anyone could help with finding some support for the 500. We have been racing this past year with local Texas Desert racing, TORRA, AND TDRA. We have also been doing the TORN racing series.

Our RZR is about as ready as we can get it. HCR long travel, King shocks, Lowrance, coms, full legal cage, fuel cell, lights, Cyro treated and micro polished lots of parts, and all the other SCORE, BITD, requirements.

I know Baja is brutal, but I'm trying to see if there is anyway to hookup with a team or whatever is out there to try and add some support with the goal of finishing. I know about BAJA Pits, which is just fuel and tires. I have no idea about how to hookup or if it is even possible to find a team that would help. Willing to pay of course.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
To be honest your best bet it to pay to use Baja Pits and or Mag 7. They do more then hold your tires and fuel for you. They also act as mechanics and have welders and will do minor fabrication if nessisary to keep you going. They will also act as Radio relay for you as they have so many pits and they can all communicate with each other. Plus because they have been doing this for so long, you can asked them for logistics advice.

The biggest issue you will find with teaming up with another team is, most times they are on another strategy. While your looking to finish, They are looking to win or finish high for points. Their crews going to be focused on their car and if you become split by more then 30 min, they are not going to want to wait as they are having to get to their next pit, or support their car if it needs help. This will leave you with unreliable pit support.

Reactions: goMRgo

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Unless your running together you can forget pit support from another team. Once the green flag drops the best laid plans are out the window. Now what you can benefit from is pre running with another team where time isn't so much a factor and strength in numbers is more important. That will help you understand the course and pitting logistics in real time not just looking on a map. At the end of the day you need to have your own truck for support since its your race not Baja Pits or Mag 7. They can fuel you and help you as much as they can but in the end its up to you.....imo

One other thing If you don't do anything else Race Trax so you can keep track of your car. You can't rely on radio and knowing where they are at all times is invaluable. David Clay can help you with that......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000