Baja 1000 class 1900

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Maybe it's just me but that's some kind of fucked up desperation to win when you have no qualms about intentionally cheating like that. I'm sure I've cut a course wide or got lost etc but I would never knowingly cheat. What's wrong with people ?
I have seen threads on race-dezert where many people have said if you aint cheatin you aint trying. I personally think its f'd up.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
ATTENTION ALL BAJA 1000 UTV RACERS!! We are organizing all UTV racers to push through contingency tomorrow morning at 10am. If you wish to be a part of our video and would like to throw out some UTVUG STEEEEKERS please be around the corner of the Hotel Mission Santa Isabel by 10am tomorrow morning which is located near the start of the contingency parade route.

Please share this and pass info along!

ALSO, If you need GoPro's to run on your UTV we can help you out with that there also!!

Please contact [email protected] with any questions!!

SEE YOU TOMORROW!

Last edited:

acme

Jul 21, 2015
If your caught it's cheating, otherwise it's considered by many as creating opportunity. D2G taught us that being more than the allowed limit off the marked course may be acceptable under certain circumstances and SCORE allows a certain amount of flexibility to some. It's an age old dilemma as the courses are long and no one has found or is seemingly capable of implementing rules without exceptions in desert racing... They're more guidelines...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...&mid=6260ABF66F7559075DEC6260ABF66F7559075DEC

Regardless: Viva Baja, there's nothing like racing there!

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
there was supposedly one team that was working to have one built for the baja 1000. not sure, havent seen any updates or info on it. i was out there last week working with some racers and heard buzz that there would be a yamaha out there at the race. but still not sure who it was or if they finished it.

Sport10

Feb 14, 2015
Thanks for the info. Airdam. It would be nice to see one out there...time will tell how well they do!

Markflexes

Tear It Up 2011 RZR XP
Feb 28, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Jagged pre running southern section of Baja 1k today. Typical Baja rough and tumble... sand, silt, rock, and more. A quick break at sunset illustrates the beauty of Baja.

Attachments

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
and to think this whole time i thought cat was in the tacos, little did i know it was in the catsup...haha!

Reactions: facteryfmf

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
you can bet, that if something doesnt break and put him out of the race, he WILL be at the top, fast.

Murrays have always been insanely consistent. adding Djones and Mr Mal to the team to race a leg will definitely put a new spin on things. I hope them the best they are all great guys.

Johnny has been and always will be a force to be reckoned with. he has the ability, talent, and team behind him to win every race.

JaggedX has an awesome program and extremely experienced racers that can win every single race they enter.

Cognito definitely also has a program that you cant take lightly. they race fast, they charge fast, and they are at the top of the races for a reason.

mechanical problems can take out anyone from the lowest level beginner, to the highest resourced race team. dont matter if you have a million dollar program, or are a regular dude with only your buddie chasing for you. i hope all of the teams the absolute best race possible. i dont wish misfortune on anyone, i hope its a fair clean race with lots of action to keep us who are staring at the computer all day long something to stay focused for.

also..... just a little pet peve..... someone recently said about the speed limits on the mexican roads there were nearly 60 miles of the race course that had speed limits. they said that the trackers track and ping each racer 3 times per second so they needed to be sure they didnt speed. well why in the sam hill does a tracker ping and track 3 times a second and we cant get a freaking tracker to work? dont wanna say any names but it seems that there are a few teams that have raced every race this year in the blind without a tracker working and also how the sam hill does it take sometimes 6-10 minutes for an update/refresh on the screen for tracking? if its tracking 3 times per second why dont the website and computer reflect this so you can actually see real time where they are? instead of hitting refresh every 30 second and the little box stays in the same spot for 15 minutes and then BAM its like 30 miles down the road.
The tracking situation blows. Our trackers never work...For what IRC charges you would think they could get it right. Score mounts 2 and they still dont work....we even rented trackers so that we could try to keep updates and those didnt even work. Im starting to think All tracking equipment is garbage

Reactions: JoeyD23

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
anybody know how come SCORE and BITD cant tap into the signal from each GPS? just figure out the transponder code from your GPS on your dash, and track you with it? every single car out there has a GPS tracked by saltellites and typically they are accurate to a few feet. mexico isnt out of reach of the GPS. whats the deal with the stuff SCORE uses never working? i figure its all just electronics, whats the secret to actually being able to track your GPS on the dash?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000