Avid Racing Maverick Max Build

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Been checking this out on facebook and its coming along great. Maybe Michael will share some more details with us here on the forum! From what I can tell via Facebook, Strangefab Motorsports is doing a lot of the fab/prep work.

Avid Racing
Strangefab Motorsports

I wish I had met you guys while I was in Tucson at the U of A!

Anyways, feast your eyes on this beast!

Fuel cell placement

Purportedly 24" of travel with .5 degree camber change

Chicks definitely dig billet uppers

Lovin it! Keep pics and info coming

Reactions: 1 person

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
well... I guess the word is getting out- Thanks Jake (Go WildCats!) for seeing the FB posts and posting it up here..and Joey..thanks for the kind words...coming from you is a huge compliment! We are down on the 5 yard line trying to get er into the end zone and ready for the Bluewater...Strangefab has done an amazing build and taken UTV racecars to a whole new level.. (and no Reid...you are not responsible for anything on this car) The last car that came out of Strangefab was a single seat 1 car and you can see its influence...I will hopefully get a good post in here shortly with thanks to all our sponsors that have made this build possible... again..thanks guys..and stay tuned.

Reactions: 1 person

Strange one

Fabricator/Mad scientist
Dec 14, 2013
Tucson Az.
I guess the cat's out of the bag now. Yes, this is Mark Hanson from Strangefab Motorsports. Builder of Avid Racings, Can Am Maximus. I'm not a 'keyboard cowboy' so bare with me on my typing. I like to do my talking in my shop. I hope you guys enjoy the photos, I'll try to set you up with more, and answer any questions I can. I do have one question? What is an "ASS MAV" and why is he "BAD"? :confused:

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I guess the cat's out of the bag now. Yes, this is Mark Hanson from Strangefab Motorsports. Builder of Avid Racings, Can Am Maximus. I'm not a 'keyboard cowboy' so bare with me on my typing. I like to do my talking in my shop. I hope you guys enjoy the photos, I'll try to set you up with more, and answer any questions I can. I do have one question? What is an "ASS MAV" and why is he "BAD"? :confused:
Not wasting anytime jumping into the fold here.. lol

Thanks for joining the site, your work looks kick ass! Keep the pics coming!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
For not being a keyboard cowboy, you sure have a way with words. I keep telling people that it is the CAR that is badass, not me. I'm only the knucklehead who built it.

No need to berate me. I'm not your competition, and pose no threat to you. Unless of course, you will be racing in any SCORE races next year, or the Baja 1000 next month, at which point your shop will have the opportunity to speak as loudly and concisely as it is able.:p CYATC!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I like the duel spare tire concept. It looks as if you are using the wheel center hole / stud method of mounting them. Will you be using a strap to speed up the removal and mounting of the tires on the hub/stud mount? Or are you going to actually bolt them on?

Also what is your target weight?

Have you simulated doing a fuel stop? Are you planning on using a fuel tower?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
well... I guess the word is getting out- Thanks Jake (Go WildCats!) for seeing the FB posts and posting it up here..and Joey..thanks for the kind words...coming from you is a huge compliment! We are down on the 5 yard line trying to get er into the end zone and ready for the Bluewater...Strangefab has done an amazing build and taken UTV racecars to a whole new level.. (and no Reid...you are not responsible for anything on this car) The last car that came out of Strangefab was a single seat 1 car and you can see its influence...I will hopefully get a good post in here shortly with thanks to all our sponsors that have made this build possible... again..thanks guys..and stay tuned.
Mike, it is an awesome build to say the least. One ups our car for sure. I remember talking with Marc (Hansen. The land speed guy, right?) at this years Mint 400 about an all out build. He came across as a pretty humble guy, so I was surprised to read him mocking my username. What is it going to weigh, and how the hell are you going to clutch it? I feel better knowing that we may be sharing the crown for "fattest kid on the block" with you guys! I don't claim any credit for your build Mike, but if I did, I'd send 'er off to Jenny Craig before she has a stroke!

Lighten up. I'm only trying to get under your skin!
Hey! Are you guys racing the 1000? It would be a great opportunity for you to join the other "hunters" out there who are aiming for the crosshairs on our back. SCORE can bill it as the "Mexican Lexicon: Maximus vs. Badassmav, an Aggregate of design conundrums"

Yeah, you know me by now. I'm just being facetious!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I've been hoping to see some more postings, but you've been quiet for a few weeks. I have a couple of questions. What are the shock motion ratios, stroke, and vertical wheel travel? How much does the car weigh, and what are you doing for a clutch? What cv's are you using, and how much deflection are you allowing them to see? What is the top sustainable speed? How much unsprung weight per corner? How are you keeping the clutch cool? Will you be racing in the 1000 with this car? How long is your wheel base, and what is the track width? How many gallons of fuel will you be carrying, and what is your mileage? What spare parts, if any, will you keep on board? Stock motor, or modified? Answer as many as you choose to share. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000