Average Cost per race

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
For Those that have raced the entire series or races in multiple states. What were the average cost per race when you factor in Travel, Prep, Repair, Entry fees.

The Company I work for may be interested in sponsoring me and trying to give them a ball park figure.

Thanks,
Rob

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
too many variables to answer that question. Depends on how far your traveling, Camping or Hotel, Prepping yourself or having the prep done, and how much shit you tear up.

Reactions: facteryfmf

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
$3000 per race is probably a reasonable number not counting repairs but like Jim said it could be double that. Also assumes you do your own race prep which you would be better off doing anyway if your able.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
3000 is entirely too high for a worcs race. The entry is only 100

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
No problem. Thanks for the Information. Figured doing the 3 local Desert races here in Utah next year along with the WORCS Series (As many as I can fit in) and if all works out have a new build next year for BITD or SCORE so that information helps as well.

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
I was originally thinking a ball park of $1000 per race for WORCS. Travel(Fuel/Cheap hotels if needed) / food / doing my own prep and repair, including the 2-3 people that would travel with me.

Vegas races are easy as I have family in the area, and only a 6.5 hr drive, Utah Races are within 4 hrs of me, so the bulk of the cash out for travel would be California and Arizona if I hit those races.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I was originally thinking a ball park of $1000 per race for WORCS. Travel(Fuel/Cheap hotels if needed) / food / doing my own prep and repair, including the 2-3 people that would travel with me.

Vegas races are easy as I have family in the area, and only a 6.5 hr drive, Utah Races are within 4 hrs of me, so the bulk of the cash out for travel would be California and Arizona if I hit those races.
Besides expenses if you figure $100 for a belt and $250 for an axle ea race that's reasonable. Even though u may not need an axle it could be a spindle or brakes or rotor or bearings or rod ends or drive line or steering box or trans or fuel rail/injector or bent any of the suspension parts prob clutch springs s good idea as is changing bolts and eventually a motor rebuild and tires don't last forever. Other than that not much you have to consider......if you roll the car all of the above and then some! Haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000