Ave pure 175 April 4-6th

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Alright racers, with there only being 30 days left tell round 2. lets get a roll call going. Who's coming and what would you like to see different? I am not a fan of the land rush idea. I was happy they changed it last min. I would like 30sec vs 10sec tho to give a little more space and let some dust settle. I didn't have a problem with the course markers I understand its hard to mark it really well with just Lou and his fam. I feel they do a good job for what it is. (Just pre run more) A couple more double downs here and there would be nice. I think somebody from the ISA (mike lasher) should be at tech helping out making sure everyone is running in the class they should be and that all the cars are up to spec and safe. I feel like there was a couple cars at the 125 that should not have been able to race in the production 1000 class. But with this event being a family fun race and no ISA people being there Lou let it slide. Can't wait to see everyone out there and have a good time.

Racers list....
1. #1015 production 1000 pro

TJWIZ

Double Tap Racing #803
Jul 30, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca.
www.facebook.com
The Pure 125 was a good race. I do agree with Cwb from Moval about the land rush start. That was a very bad idea and I'm glade Lou changed it. I also agree that the 10 second start should change to 30 seconds. As you can see from my video, besides myself, four other vehicles got lost at the beginning of the race. We all missed that hard left turn to go up the mountain. We even pre-ran the day before and missed it. The dust wasn't bad for the first 18-20 vehicles that took off, but us in the back got dusted out from the start. The course was marked pretty good and the event staff were very friendly and helpful. I got pretty beat up with my stock 800 RZR shocks LOL. I now have the race bug again. I see a 6" long travel kit in my near future. Any suggestions?

Racers list....
2. #803 Production 850 Pro<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
1018 is back up and running, ready to go! Ripped the lower a arm mount off at the ditch right after mile 12! I was feeling the same about the land rush start until we drew 11 off the line... 10 sec intervals suck! Would have rather taken my chances with the land rush!.... I think Lou does a great job with the course with the manpower he has, my only recommendation would be using pink or orange ribbon instead of the white. And yes we need a little bit of clarification on what cars are legal for production class and what is unlimited ! Otherwise can't wait till the 175!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atpalmer

Jan 10, 2014
Santa Clarita
2. #803 Production 850 Pro
3. #1058 Production 1000 Sportsman

Im in. The 125 was my first race and now i'm hooked. I just wathed the bluwater challenge at Parker and they had an awesome starting format. Two at a time drag race down parallel lines with a small berm seperating the lanes and a couple turns before it went down to one lane.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
2. #803 Production 850 Pro
3. #1058 Production 1000 Sportsman

Im in. The 125 was my first race and now i'm hooked. I just wathed the bluwater challenge at Parker and they had an awesome starting format. Two at a time drag race down parallel lines with a small berm seperating the lanes and a couple turns before it went down to one lane.
I like that. Not as bad as 31 cars going into one corner. But still puts on a show for the people at the start line.

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
I've done starts like this before, 2 cars side by side every 30 seconds... Works well, definitely a crowd pleaser. Lou will have to keep track of timing a little different but I'd be up for trying it!

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
1. 1015 production 1000 pro
2. 803 production 850 pro
3.1058 production 1000 sportsman
4. 1018 production 1000 pro

Where's everyone at? Fixing there cars? Lol i know I am.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
Alright racers, with there only being 30 days left tell round 2. lets get a roll call going. Who's coming and what would you like to see different? I am not a fan of the land rush idea. I was happy they changed it last min. I would like 30sec vs 10sec tho to give a little more space and let some dust settle. I didn't have a problem with the course markers I understand its hard to mark it really well with just Lou and his fam. I feel they do a good job for what it is. (Just pre run more) A couple more double downs here and there would be nice. I think somebody from the ISA (mike lasher) should be at tech helping out making sure everyone is running in the class they should be and that all the cars are up to spec and safe. I feel like there was a couple cars at the 125 that should not have been able to race in the production 1000 class. But with this event being a family fun race and no ISA people being there Lou let it slide. Can't wait to see everyone out there and have a good time.

Racers list....
sorry dennison but the ISA was not designed to be a tech service. We created a unified rules package and it's up to each promotor to enforce it as they see fit. I feel like it would be a conflict for me to personally tech the cars as my son raced in the series last year and will be there the rest of this season. I'm not interested in creating anymore tech/racer drama like there is in BITD.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I've done starts like this before, 2 cars side by side every 30 seconds... Works well, definitely a crowd pleaser. Lou will have to keep track of timing a little different but I'd be up for trying it!

Bitd blue water was 2 cars every 30 seconds.

Last season the pure series was every 30 seconds with the exception of the last race which was a land rush start. I think only 6 raced in that final race though.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
sorry dennison but the ISA was not designed to be a tech service. We created a unified rules package and it's up to each promotor to enforce it as they see fit. I feel like it would be a conflict for me to personally tech the cars as my son raced in the series last year and will be there the rest of this season. I'm not interested in creating anymore tech/racer drama like there is in BITD.
I understand. Maybe you could call and have a chat with Lou. When a couple racers and myself brought up the problem about a couple cars running in class's that they shouldn't be and showed him the hand book where it also says why. He said that he couldn't do anything cause ISA wasn't there and they made the rules. Just want everything to be safe and fair.

Mar 7, 2012
menifee ca
Bitd blue water was 2 cars every 30 seconds.

Last season the pure series was every 30 seconds with the exception of the last race which was a land rush start. I think only 6 raced in that final race though.
This last race we had 31 cars and he wanted to let them all go at once and the 1st 2 miles where pretty crazy. It would have been a shot show.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I understand. Maybe you could call and have a chat with Lou. When a couple racers and myself brought up the problem about a couple cars running in class's that they shouldn't be and showed him the hand book where it also says why. He said that he couldn't do anything cause ISA wasn't there and they made the rules. Just want everything to be safe and fair.
i assume one of the cars you are talking about that shouldnt be in the Production 1000 class, is my Cognito car. I dont see why not tho, all suspension pivot points are in stock location just like yours. Engine is under 1000cc just like yours. Really the only thing i see different is the fuel cell vs stock fuel tank. Or am i missing something else? or was there other cars out there that i did not see? The part i like about the ISA rules is you get to keep the stock fuel tank, but it should be an option and not a requirement. The 125 was a fun race, and i got my butt handed to me by 3 other guys! Agreed on the 30 second start spread, it makes for a safer race as well.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
i assume one of the cars you are talking about that shouldnt be in the Production 1000 class, is my Cognito car. I dont see why not tho, all suspension pivot points are in stock location just like yours. Engine is under 1000cc just like yours. Really the only thing i see different is the fuel cell vs stock fuel tank. Or am i missing something else? or was there other cars out there that i did not see? The part i like about the ISA rules is you get to keep the stock fuel tank, but it should be an option and not a requirement. The 125 was a fun race, and i got my butt handed to me by 3 other guys! Agreed on the 30 second start spread, it makes for a safer race as well.
I think my car is one of there car's too.... but just like the cognito car we are using stock suspension mounting points , stock motor diff's and gear box, the only thing not is the roll cage and fuel cell. other then that it is 100% stock powertrain and frame. If anyone wants to see pay the filing fee ($500) and I will strip her down! see ya @ 175!

Rancho Racing

Mar 8, 2014
Pg.80

Line:15.10.4....Stock floorboards as delivered from manufacturer are required on all vehicles.$

$

Pg.81

Line:15.10.9 - Chassis frame may not be modified from factory specifications.$

I think this is the rule they are talking about.

Logan- I dont think your car was one of them.

We have been doing desert racing since 96' SCORE BITD CODE MDR and now AVE we have seen alot of growth in all the organizations and I know we will see it in AVE we all as racers have to work out the bugs in all the classes as if any.

Logan G.

Feb 20, 2012
Highland CA
Production 1000:
The ISA production 1000 class is reserved for MODIFIED SXS with a displacement of up to 1000CC's that retain the BASIC factory configuration and FULL-functioning 4-wheel drive.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
In my opinion, Lou needs to cut down the classes. I think there are 7 or so now. There should be 850 to 1000, 849 and under, pro and sportsman in each, and an unlimited deal for the bike engine cars. Let the bone stock run with the pro or sportsman. Hard to do after the season has started tho.

Just make things cut and dry and simple, it shouldn't matter if a car has stock plastic floor or a custom aluminum floor, etc etc

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
1036 will be back . Going to mint this weekend with Kevin Shrive and final prep on my car leading up to the next race. That weekend will be my 30th birthday weekend so come by and have a beer !! Oh yeah also moving into a new prep shop and running my business so super busy !!

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
IMO 900cc and above race the 1000 pro or sportsman .Driver ability or experience will dictate the class you drive. Last year I set fastest lap In a stock 2 seat car with no GPS or radio / intercom and I was racing sportsman! It's engine cc that will be a difference not suspension with these cars. UTV racing is about carying your speed through the rough and technical sections. Most cars will run the same top speed .... But that's just my opinion.

Also a fan of NO LAND RUSH START !!! I can see Lou's appeal as a promoter. But racing the Soboba GP a few years ago I saw two cars rolled over in the first corner and multiple failures in The first lap from cars running into each other from starting too close. This was a huge factor for me racing desert and not WORCS or short course. If IRC is on board for the entire series tracking the races should be easier for Lou to track .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000