All UTV's Arm/wrist restraints what do you use?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
After watching Mosslager's video of a friend rolling over in his sxs, just reminded me that I need to start wearing some restraints for my arms. We cant always remember to keep our hands on the wheel or in a violent rollover force our hands to stay on the steering wheel.

What brand of arm/wrist restraint do you have and how to you wear them? Or do you just grab cross your arms and grab your seatbelt? Or do you use window nets and hope your arms don't smack the roll cage? I have heard wrist restraints are no good since you could break your wrist and the forearm restraints are better.

I keep telling myself I need to do something but never order up a set and spend the money on making my ride go faster.

so post up what you use and how you use it.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
For the passenger I use one of these on the RZR O-SHIT bar for the door side hand its a lose fit and I would think it would help prevent the passenger from trying to put the arm in harms way . I have also seen them where your wrist strips are Velcro to your chest straps but I think the were more for kids .

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
After watching Mosslager's video of a friend rolling over in his sxs, just reminded me that I need to start wearing some restraints for my arms. We cant always remember to keep our hands on the wheel or in a violent rollover force our hands to stay on the steering wheel.

What brand of arm/wrist restraint do you have and how to you wear them? Or do you just grab cross your arms and grab your seatbelt? Or do you use window nets and hope your arms don't smack the roll cage? I have heard wrist restraints are no good since you could break your wrist and the forearm restraints are better.

I keep telling myself I need to do something but never order up a set and spend the money on making my ride go faster.

so post up what you use and how you use it.

LMAO...that wasn't a friend...that was me!

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
My bad, I thought you said it was a friend that rolled. In that case, KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE STEERING WHEEL AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!! It would suck to try and pick you nose or scratch your ass with a nub.
I hear ya...it was totally unexpected and the force pulled my hand from the wheel...I had no control.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
That's why I'm ordering wrist restraints before my next trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000