All UTV's Are these the most ADVANCED Shocks EVER???

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
presets linked to come on and off with a GPS setting at a desert course would be ultimate. Just concentrate on driving and have the system adjust the shocks to the terrain.

Great technonlgy, but for us regular guys with shallow pockets it will be out of our reach for quite a few years.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
No they aren't the most advanced for all that is in them. It should drive the damn thing for you so you can have a drink in one hand and something to eat in the other.

Geez!!! what's the point of developing skills anymore. Pretty soon we're just going to stand on the side of the road and watch them go by, we won't even be riding in them!!! LOL!!!:D

paulk

Jun 11, 2013
Peoria, Az
and they can be adjusted on the fly,,, damb

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzfEYaUNFs"]JRide by JRi Shocks - Smart phone adjustable shock system - YouTube[/ame]

Tbbarber

Jul 20, 2012
Roy, Utah
I think it's a great idea though. I'm looking forward to reading some customer reviews on them. Instead of adjusting via smart phone. A digital dash display would be cool also. I'm sure they are pricy. But still an awesome idea.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Knowing someone who works for RJI, I was told the manual comp adj. (Non smart phone adjustable shocks) are going to be around $650 each, and that comes with a single stage spring. So about $2600 for a set.

No idea what the electronic adjustable shocks will be?

Adjustable shocks on the fly is not new. Years ago Tim Lawrence with TLR & Ted Kendell build a few pairs of external by-pass shocks with a cable lever, that would open & close the by-pass tubes as you drove. They were talking about doing a electric servo to open & close the tubes, but shelved the concept before that ever happened. The shocks were run on the TLR Truggy, another race car and a luxury Prerunner.

quadbk1978

Mar 30, 2012
Saw these guys working with Arctic Cat in Barstow-Stoddard area back in April. Arctic guys were cool, they wouldn't really tell us anything though.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
That sounds cool to have the gps tied to autoadjust settings, on a road course or Lucas Oil Course would be cool, but I'd put money that even on a closed offroad course like a WORCS race or open course like BITD, that trying to setup/map the variances would nearly be imposible to get right enough to be an advantage. If you put data aquistion equipment on RJ's, Beau Barons, Ryan Piplics, James Hills, ect. cars and had them run 10 laps you would find the values in the same spots would be different every lap due to the variables of offroad course conditions, car positioning and driver aggressiveness. There just isn't enough consistancy to be an advantage in my opinion. For the recreational driver, how would you setup mapping ahead of time for trails and exploring new areas???? Interested in seeing how this evolves.

BTW, I saw on their ad in the UTV magazine that they clam to be the first and only shaft compression adjustable shock out there. Well AFCO Racing has had a shaft compression adjustable shock for 10+ years. I have been selling them for UTV's as the AFCO MT-3 for 3 years.

Commander nick

commander nick
Oct 16, 2012
Redondo Beach
Having a variable adjustment i see being practical for long BITD and SCORE races where you can pre-run and put notes and let the co-driver adjust the shocks as you go. I Would like an oh $hit button for a co-driver if the driver is going to rail something harder than planned he hits it and car sucks it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000