Arctic Cat and Mint 400

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
An arctic Cat dealer I contacted last week emailed me back last night saying they were hoping for a July delivery date of the new car so hopfully this debate will a moot by then. And with the new suspension design , revamped clutching and an already race proven , reliable 160hp na motor with some basic modifications would an rg built turbo car even be necessary to have a chance to run up front ? Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Reid you know damn well Marc could fuck up a wet dream....you don't see the other canam teams shooting front diff out on the course
Yep, Marc is about as abusive to his equipment as one can be. Although he would never admit along the way that it was his driving style that was sidelining the car more than anything else, it took him the better part of a year to quit driving the effen wheels off of the car, and focus more on finishing (how someone could drive the wheels off of a car that could barely wheel along at 65 mph is beyond me!). At any rate, the case in point here is this:
You would think that proper engineering and design protocols would have the cv joints playing the role of the weakest link in a lengthy chain of components that could fail. Perhaps they were, until the OEM cv's were substituted with RCV's solid alternative, consequently passing catastrophic loading onto and into the differential housings

Be it coincidental or ironic, shortly after posting my concerns on kornfed running stock diffs on their build, someone passed along to me Marc's Instagram post. Now I'm not familiar at all with the construction techniques used on Marc's current cars, but when designing and building the original Monstermav, I gave great consideration to the likelihood that Marc would be carrying over aggressive driving habits from his truck days. Hard in, and even harder out of the corners. In doing so, I picked up 2 additional mounting points at the top of each differential to help share the torque loads the diff housings would undoubtedly see every time Marc stood on the brakes coming into a corner, then mashed on the gas while exiting out.
You know kornfed and the boys gotta be rethinking exactly how they will introduce the stock diffs into their platform. If there are only two things you know about me Jim (besides my liking my beer), is that I enjoy sharing, and always back my smack with jack!
Fuck, another manifesto from badass mav. I'm going to BED!!

Bricoop

Jan 8, 2017
An arctic Cat dealer I contacted last week emailed me back last night saying they were hoping for a July delivery date of the new car so hopfully this debate will a moot by then. And with the new suspension design , revamped clutching and an already race proven , reliable 160hp na motor with some basic modifications would an rg built turbo car even be necessary to have a chance to run up front ? Time will tell I guess.
Aren't the arms significantly different between the two versions? I thought RG's trailing arms were significantly longer? I also thought they did a lot of testing of the geometry to reduce the stress on the CVs, I'm not sure how they compare between the versions. It will be interesting to see once they're released...maybe someone will publish a tear-down of the machines...

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I don't know where that came from but this guys stealing my act! Who's the nerfer and nerfee here? Video is always entertaining.
I am guessing that #979 is nerfing #1923. Dont you have everyones number memorized? Haha

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Sieg and Backus from Calgary beating up on the home boys.. Actually their both from Calgary....imagine that. Why I didn't recognize the numbers.....I don't know the foreigners..:)

Reactions: tatum

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Aren't the arms significantly different between the two versions? I thought RG's trailing arms were significantly longer? I also thought they did a lot of testing of the geometry to reduce the stress on the CVs, I'm not sure how they compare between the versions. It will be interesting to see once they're released...maybe someone will publish a tear-down of the machines...
Yes, I believe that to be true also . But I had read you will be able to purchase the rg desinged long travel as an accessory direct from the dealer. Along with the turbo kit. My father had asked the question that if you can also order the turbo kit as an accessory from the factory does this make the car a legal Turbo class car ?

Reactions: Bricoop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000