Arctic Cat and Mint 400

ssb4

Feb 13, 2015
Well now we know there will be one AC turbo racing in the Mint 400 UTV PRO Turbo class. At least you don't need to worry about a green Arctic Cat passing you this time ... it will be a blue one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Arctic Cat still hasn't put any info out yet to anyone so its still unclear as to the story with this thing. Many people I have spoken with think there are a lot of smoke & mirrors being put out to whether or not it will actually be a "production" vehicle vs. being a machine that is built to order by the RG team. In which case, if that was to be true, can it still be considered a "factory production" vehicle?

Waiting patiently for AC's official release info on this model and the new Wildcat XX.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Im more looking forward to seeing how the NA car does with the highest hp number in the industry. Should be a contender right away witht the RG suspension also I would bet.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
What motor is the production utv going to get is my question. Yamaha sidewinder motor NA with turbo option from dealer or Yamaha motor out of YXZ motor NA with turbo from dealer. 2 different animals, I hope its the sidewinder motor 250hp all day long.

Reactions: Simi Dude

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I think maybe one of the reasons why AC is not talking about the current turbo car is because there are rumors of a mid year release of a factory turbo car. And not just turbo add on that you can order from a dealer like they talked about last night.

Last edited:

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Forget the RG Car for a second.

So if you can order the NA car with a turbo installed from the Arctic Cat dealer as an option along with the long travel like Ive been hearing you will be able to do would this be considered a legal Turbo class production car ?

Last edited:

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
What motor is the production utv going to get is my question. Yamaha sidewinder motor NA with turbo option from dealer or Yamaha motor out of YXZ motor NA with turbo from dealer. 2 different animals, I hope its the sidewinder motor 250hp all day long.
its a modified yxz motor in the XX , CVT 130hp at the crank. easily bumped up to 150 with exhaust and fuel programmer.

Reactions: sand shark

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'm still confused as to how this is considered a production car? It's like if Yamaha says that the new "blah blah Edition" has to be sent to Weller Racing to get the full race modifications to it - it's def NOT a production car. It's not being produced like that from the factory....it's being sent to a shop for a bunch of modifications. Is there something I'm not seeing?

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
I'm still confused as to how this is considered a production car? It's like if Yamaha says that the new "blah blah Edition" has to be sent to Weller Racing to get the full race modifications to it - it's def NOT a production car. It's not being produced like that from the factory....it's being sent to a shop for a bunch of modifications. Is there something I'm not seeing?

You are correct and that is why they had to run the unlimited class in BITD. It's not a production car, period.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
That sucks if its the YXZ motor only capable of 5psi makes about 160hp. The sidewinder motor has way potential 250hp no problem.
Sidewinder duty cycles the injectors before the motor hits 250 its like 243 at the crank and it starts to go lean if I remember right

This is much more then the yxz motor its already at 130 stock , then with the exhaust and fuel tune we saw 150's then you throw a turbo into that equation and its over 200. Internals are setup for boost and the clutches are too. Its going to change the way we look at hp to clutching ratios in the cvt game.

dezertracer

May 22, 2016
You are correct and that is why they had to run the unlimited class in BITD. It's not a production car, period.
As soon as the Arctic Cat xx "TURBO" is available to the public then the speedcat version should be able to run the production turbo class IMO. Its no different than someone doing a full build on a XP4T

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
As soon as the Arctic Cat xx "TURBO" is available to the public then the speedcat version should be able to run the production turbo class IMO. Its no different than someone doing a full build on a XP4T

I don't know a lot about the cars, but I find it hard to believe that the production car has the same motor/drivetrain and suspension mounts/locations as the RG car. However, if it does, I think anyone wanting to race this car should be required to purchase the car/frame from arctic cat. Every other racer has to build from an "oem" platform. My guess would be that the rg platform is all chromoly or DOM. Basically my point is if someone wants RG to build them a race car, they should have to order the complete car from arctic car and drop it off at RG's shop. They should have to go through the pain of cutting a car apart just like the rest of us lol. But in all seriousness how else do you regulate the sealed motor? An OEM unit needs to be taken to BITD to have the motor sealed before the build STARTS just like the rest of us.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
This is very tricky because he is using frame from production utv to get around that rule. This is how all the old drag racers and pro truck use to get around rules. ask greg foutz as long as it had a ford stamp was legal. But the motor being turbo is a loop hole only available from robby using factory parts. Then you get into is it Yamaha or a kitty cat. But they work together on the sleds. He used the rules and walked a fine line. The rule master wrote them but didn't make them black and white like they should of been

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I cant belive it. This afternoon Arctic cat actually posted a clip of Robbie talking about the new car. Not an arctic cat fan page but the real thing. Its almost like this is actually happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000