Anyone making headers for the sr1's yet?

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
I know weller has one but i wanted to see if there were any others out there.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I thought Weller had a set up? If not I would check with BigJim @ Cognito, I know he had a set developed through Muzzys I believe that they are going to sell. MCPerformanceFab here on UTVUnderground also makes a set that few guys are running.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Yes....we are developing a full header/exhaust system, actually. You can give Jason a call and ask him about it.....we also make headers all the time for customers SR1's as they need them.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Correct me if im wrong, but i was told a 4 into 1 exhaust does not create the most power. I was told if you 2-1 2-1 and then connect those two then it works best on these engines

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
sent emails out to cognito, muzzy, and xmf, so we will see what they come up with. My R1 swap will have everything finished besides the exhaust in about 1-2 weeks. Cant wait

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Dustin - are you going to race in Vegas, then??

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Dustin, Im running a 4-2-1 header on my R1 that I got from S&S, but they went out of business, but you may still be able to find one used. The one MC Performance makes is also a 4-2-1 with long tubes for extra low end.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Cognito said they have a prototype, doesnt sound like its ready to sell yet, got an email back from Muzzy that said not at this time. Might have one built, just thought id save time and money buying one already done.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Corry- No i wont be at vegas this year. Im just going to play around and get the feel for it this season. Im sure ill see everyone out in glamis,occotillo,dove springs. You might see me on the track next year. It gets expensive to race so we will see.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Corry- No i wont be at vegas this year. Im just going to play around and get the feel for it this season. Im sure ill see everyone out in glamis,occotillo,dove springs. You might see me on the track next year. It gets expensive to race so we will see.
what is more important is seat time. i am still not comfortable in mine.

for a header i would just make your own. it will fit your application better. too many different seat mounting positions, silencer choices and positions, and other supports in the way to have a header that fits for everyone.

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
From the looks of the one that i have seen, the exhaust runs in between the passenger weller mount and the engine, so seat position should have no effect. There really isnt any other place to run it on my rhino. Sounds like ill be having my own made anyway though

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
Well, if you don't feel like making your own, Jason makes a lot of them for people.....

Also, seat time is huge in these machines. I got a ton of great time in mine at the dunes last season....you will get very comfortable shifting and getting the feel for your powerband in the dunes - it will help you a ton for when you get on a track. I plan on duning the pi$$ out of mine again this season! :) It will be fun to see everyone out there!!

Good luck Dustin - glad you are almost done with yours!! :)

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Thanks Corry, ill probably give Jason a call and see what he can do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000