Anybody racing the Lake Elsinore GP?

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
Just read the updates, better late than never right?

UTV Stock cross, up to 755cc
So a full bolt on Teryx (749cc v-twin) can run against a full bolt on Rhino (686cc single), as long as it has stock internals and clutch and doesn't have suspension. Wonder how many of those cars exist?

755cc excludes a the RZR800 (760cc in line twin) so it must run against mods.

And what does OEM Material Specifications mean anyway? That 4130 isnt allowed? or is the word "Steel" the big brush here?

If we were actually going Codys WORCS RZR570 must run in 855cc Super stock UTV because it has arms. Guess I'd have to get that big bore stoker motor (that didnt exist) from Alba Nate that someone was telling everyone we were running at WORCS this year.

Mod, 1 liter. Hard to miss the mark when its open but...if someone shows up with an SR1 will they have a class or be turned away? Only one turned up last year so its probably a non issue.

All of it interesting, there is a successful business model currently in place (WORCS) when it comes to class structure yet the wheel gets reinvented. Guess picking rule books apart comes from years of racing at LOORRS reading the rule book.

Honestly it will be fine and fun, I just found some of the details interesting, everyone please be safe.
Shouldn't a Rotax Rhino be in the Modified class? one ran in the Super Stock class and came in third.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009
"855cc Super stock UTV"!!!!!!! I'm under this CC, and third? I was told and got a medal for 2nd place they put up the wrong times a few times! ;)
I was just curious because I believe an engine swap car isn't production based. The rules say, "the motor must be production based". On the other hand, the Rotax is production based and under the cc requirements, though it's from a production quad, and the Rhino is production based. I'm not making a stink believe me if I was I would have done it today while talking with Heather and Ken, more curiosity than anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000