Any Salt Lake City Racers?

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
I live up near SLC and looking into racing a few rounds in WORCS next year in The 700 class. I currently own Mike Lasher's old #1924 Rhino, and looking for a bit of guidance from some one near me to give it a once over before trekking it down to my first races next year.

I know I need:
-Window nets
-New harness as the current ones are out of date.

Currently have the 26" big horn tires and not sure what tire would be recommended.

Also previous owner removed front diff and axles so currently only 2 wheel drive. Not sure if I should put the diff and axles back in or just leave it out.

Pics as I arrived to pick up:

Pick after breaking drivers spindle during about 30 minutes of testing: Heavy Duty one was replaced by previous owner with a stock spindle modified for uniball, and was immediately the week point.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

fesco70

Nov 6, 2015
Window net yes on drivers side and passenger side only if you plan on racing with two people in the car.
They don't check the date on the harnesses but you will need it to be a five point.
Tires are good.
Two wheel drive will work but you will be at a disadvantage against the four wheel drive cars.
Look forward to seeing you at the races.

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for the reply's.

4wd it is then. Going back to 4wd will be easy as I do have the diff and gorilla axles.

I will need the nets over wrist restraints, since I will also be racing BOR here in Utah for a few desert races and they are considering making nets mandatory over wrist restraints. I guess racers tend to not use the restraints once the race starts.

Thanks,
Rob

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
There a few guys in Utah county. The BOR races I have gone to have been pretty slack on enforcing their rules but I would still make sure all the safety stuff is up to snuff.

fesco70

Nov 6, 2015
Nets are mandatory for WORCS and you will also need a fire extinguisher within reach of the driver.

Robudda

Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for the input, been in the process of moving to new house and have not even touched the rhino yet.

Few more questions.
1. Is anyone using forced air systems in Worcs, and is it even necessary?

2. I am planning on an intercom system mainly for when out at the dunes my Wife and I can actually communicate, but is a car to car radio worth while during a Worcs race?

3. motive above mentioned a few UTV racers up in Utah County that race Worcs. Does anyone have any names or way to contact so I can pick their brains and have them give a once over of the Rhino?

Thanks again for all the information...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000