Any racers out of Las Vegas?

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Hey, as the title says.... I'm wondering if there are any guys who race somewhat competitively. I live in Vegas, head out riding almost every Saturday, but most of the guys I know here are just into casual trail riding. I'd love to get together with some of you who want to bomb around, rather than just cruise. I raced the WORCS series last year, and am fully committed to the 2015 season. It would be fun to get a group going to sharpen our driving skills, testing, etc....

Btw, I race that black Wildcat with hand controls.

Any thoughts?

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
I live in St George and am going to run most of the BITD series for 2015 along with KOH. I'm down for some testing and tuning anytime!
Awesome! I'll message you my contact info. Where do you guys do most of your riding? Dean Bulloch up at D&P in Cedar built my car, so I'm up that direction all the time.

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
We live in Henderson and run Worc's and Best in the Desert,plus our team owns Iron Mine race park in Cedar City
That's awesome. I spend a lot of time out in Parowan. Do you guys plan on having more sxs events out there? I ran the last WORCS race you guys did, it was awesome.

Christopher Wright

Jun 10, 2015
Recently moved to vegas a few months back and have a metal fabrication shop near the speedway, going to build our xp1k to race sportsman KOH and possibly worcs this coming season. We also have a retail business selling UTV parts and accessories, would be great to network and team up working / setting up the race cars. hit me up if interested

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
Recently moved to vegas a few months back and have a metal fabrication shop near the speedway, going to build our xp1k to race sportsman KOH and possibly worcs this coming season. We also have a retail business selling UTV parts and accessories, would be great to network and team up working / setting up the race cars. hit me up if interested

We'll definitely have to keep in touch and get something going. I have my car back together now and am planning on finishing off WORCS Glen Helen and Primm. I'm always up for getting as much testing and seat time ad possible until then. There's starting to be a pretty solid group of racers in town.

Christopher Wright

Jun 10, 2015
We'll definitely have to keep in touch and get something going. I have my car back together now and am planning on finishing off WORCS Glen Helen and Primm. I'm always up for getting as much testing and seat time ad possible until then. There's starting to be a pretty solid group of racers in town.
I got my car stock right now and have been thinking about running the primm race and maybe the glen helen, I want to see what the best class to start out in and most budget friendly, just to get experience before the season ends, and to have an idea where I would like to go for 2016 class and car wise. thanks for any info

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
I got my car stock right now and have been thinking about running the primm race and maybe the glen helen, I want to see what the best class to start out in and most budget friendly, just to get experience before the season ends, and to have an idea where I would like to go for 2016 class and car wise. thanks for any info

Start in the sportsman class, the rules are on their website. It's a no points class that you basically just need doors, nets, and fire extinguisher. That's where I started, just to get my feet wet and see if I liked the series. I loved it and jumped all the way in.

Reactions: Christopher Wright

Christopher Wright

Jun 10, 2015
Thank you! but ya I emailed Worcs they said the same thing sounds like a good start to get ready for a more serious effort in 2016, whats the driver safety requirements? like can you race without a fire suit and no radio in the sportsman?

racemx587

Mar 28, 2009
You just need a firesuit, helmet, and 5 point harnesses. Everything else is optional, they run things pretty simple, it's awesome.

702sandman

Sep 12, 2015
Is there any tracks we can practice on either here in Vegas , so cal or so Utah ? Something similar to Lucas regional or worcs style ?

TLAM

Oct 9, 2011
Just getting back into the swing of things. I'm in Vegas and it's finally riding season. I haven't done any sxs racing, but certainly down to ride (no show pony here).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000