Yamaha another exhaust question lol

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
once again another exhaust question if i was to get the ron woods exhaust with the k&n intake would that be a good power gainer? and would i notice a big difference. does single exhaust give you more torq than a dual? Ron woods says that they improve through the entire power range, but do you still get a good top end speed as well?

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
if that is all your gonna do, then save your money and put a billett tip on your

muffler.

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
yea but doest the stock muffler have a bunch of crap that isnt needed in the muffler itself???

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
yea but doest the stock muffler have a bunch of crap that isnt needed in the muffler itself???
Nor really, you will not see any significant gains with just a filter and exhaust on a stock motor over a filter and billett tip.

IF you plan on doing more then you will see improvements.

New tuned carb, intake kit, cdi, exhaust. and you will see improvement.

then when you want to add cam or big bore, you are all ready for these other components.

But if you want to spend the money for the Ron woods, then by all means do so, it is a great exhaust! ( I have one also).

rjv

RJV n' NC - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 2, 2009
NC
just put a unifilter in the stock box, I personally have not seen any real gains with a airbox/ filter adapter on the 700. That will cost you around 34 dollars vers 100-300. Get some no-toil oil and cleaner works great on the filters. What cdi(edu) are you using? If you do go with a exhaust you will need to change your fuel map. You can go with a tip, or make one if you can fab, and it would be around one hp gain. You can do that without changing your map. I have heard alot of good about the muzzy dual and have seen the results. Someone are fans of the dmcs also. I have not heard much on the the woods on the 700, but did hear its not as good as the 660 woods. That should give something to think about, if you have any questions let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000