Aluminum seats for RZR 1K

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Looking at going with an aluminum kirkey seat (both sides) for better support in turns. I am looking at the 10 degree lay back road race seat. Anyone have comments or suggestions? At this time I am not even sure if this seat will fit the vehicle.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
I think it would bruise a person up in off-road situations. I've been looking at Corbeau FX1 and NRG seats. Basically Sparco style type seats, for half to one quarter of the cost. Haven't bought one yet, but I am going to. I thought I would check out what races are doing at the world championships later this month. Hopefully I can even sit in one with the type of seat that I'm looking at.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I think it would bruise a person up in off-road situations. I've been looking at Corbeau FX1 and NRG seats. Basically Sparco style type seats, for half to one quarter of the cost. Haven't bought one yet, but I am going to. I thought I would check out what races are doing at the world championships later this month. Hopefully I can even sit in one with the type of seat that I'm looking at.
The Sparco seats have a few different sizes.

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
I have had both Sparco and Corbeau in the past. I don't think that they have much more padding then the aluminum seats. A bit more in the support areas but not really in the butt.

Thanks Clod, I have met Kilowatt before.

CSG

Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Some more information that may help you guys help me. A big reason I like the Kirkey seat is the 10 degree layback. Most of the other seats I see run around 15 degree lay back or more. I like to sit very straight while racing as I can see better and large impacts feel better on my back this way.

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
I have the NRG, picked these because they were wider than the Sparco's i tried. First time in a non suspension seat and I like them, my back feels better. Bottom seat cushion sucks for off road, I bottomed out often so I bought the UPR seat cushion design for our off road antics. The UPR cushion is very comfortable and eliminated any compression bottom out. Be careful with your seat choices when your ass stops moving your spine takes the rest of the impact.

Last edited:

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I used the kirkey 10* seats in my r1 rzr and loved it. Lots of side support and it fit like a glove. I did add a layer of closed cell foam to the butt area under the cover.

I would have them in my maverick if i didnt come across a smokin deal on some prp seats.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000