Yamaha 99.5 mph in Sr1 today on the Gps

droptchevy

Twisted SR1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Dec 9, 2009
Was out in lucerne today on a dry lake bed filming for a music video with Marilyn Manson. Filmed some chase scenes with explosions and stuff like that. On one of our breaks i went for top speed and hit 99.5 mph on the gps. I need to find out what my tires are rated for, but i highly doubt its to 100 mph. Think i might try to get some 27" bfg all terrains. I think i could have gotten a little more out of it if i held on the throttle longer, but i had to stay out of the way of the filming that was going on. Need to break the 100 mph mark.

Reactions: 1 person

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
no video of the fast run, but ill post pics and the music video once they edit it. They had me take off all the panels so it was just bare cage. They were trying to go for a mad max theme. Dirt bikes, rhinos, and a few trucks were in it. I hope the video will come out awesome since they had so many people involved in it.They had us all dressed in medieval gear with weapons. Just think Marilyn Manson and that should explain it....very strange, but hey, got paid to run the rhino in the desert. Nice little change up for "work"

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
I can tell you that Bobonthis hit 117 in his with 26" big horns
I know, but i dont think i want to go that fast in a rhino. I dont know if he is running the weller kit, but mine was with the gearing combo that weller sells with theirs.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
My friend Jay launched one of the Drakart cars off a jump at Gordons well years back and at 95mph when he left the jump the front tire debeaded itself and needless to say hes lucky to still be alive after rolling that thing out and destroying it.:eek: We figure the dirt atv type tires are dangerous as hell at those speeds. I made a couple of test runs once on the beeline hwy and trying to get the fueling right saw over 86mph and climbing still and after checking things out I saw where the bighorns had grown so big they were rubbing my pipe that is over 7" away maybe 9" kinda scary shit..:eek: Becarefull.:cool:

Reactions: 1 person

droptchevy

Dec 9, 2009
Just found out my Carlyle 489's are rated at 50 mph. That is pretty scary. Couldnt find a speed rating on the big horns. Looks like ill be looking for a all terrain type tire, i know bfg discontinued, but i know general and some others make some 27" at's.

My friend Jay launched one of the Drakart cars off a jump at Gordons well years back and at 95mph when he left the jump the front tire debeaded itself and needless to say hes lucky to still be alive after rolling that thing out and destroying it.:eek: We figure the dirt atv type tires are dangerous as hell at those speeds. I made a couple of test runs once on the beeline hwy and trying to get the fueling right saw over 86mph and climbing still and after checking things out I saw where the bighorns had grown so big they were rubbing my pipe that is over 7" away maybe 9" kinda scary shit..:eek: Becarefull.:cool:

Simi Dude

La Familia For Life !!
Feb 25, 2010
Simi Valley Ca.
Give it time, change out the tires & make sure the roads your running on are clear of other people and you may learn to like that rush you get from pure speed. Its very addicting, we do 95 ish on our bikes all too often in the Cal City area.

The desert floor takes on a whole new look at 85+ Mph. What a RUSH!

AlternativeOffroad

Alternative Off Road - Official UTVUnderground Spo
Give it time, change out the tires & make sure the roads your running on are clear of other people and you may learn to like that rush you get from pure speed. Its very addicting, we do 95 ish on our bikes all too often in the Cal City area.

The desert floor takes on a whole new look at 85+ Mph. What a RUSH!
hell yeah to that!!

I got up to 90 in cal city on my GSXR buggy... IN-SANE

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
I run the BFG Mud Terrain 28" DOT approved tire. with Centerline aluminum racing rims. I wouldn't trust those SxS tires going that fast either. Plus there not going to hold up to the sharp rocks in the desert.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Ive seen people advertising the bfgs on craigs list too.

STETLER

R1-Custom - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Orange, CA
That's how I bought mine. I think I paid $80.00 each Brand new !!

Even bought me a spare at that price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000