Kawasaki 916 Teryx

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Wanting to hear experience from the guys that have or been around the 916 Teryx. My transmission just gave up and since I am that deep I thought it would be worth looking into stroking it. Any feed back would be great. Any over heating issues? What gears are you running (Teryx or Vforce)? Any mods that have to be done or are recommended?

I usually ride the dunes or out on my ranch. Have done a couple XC races. Thanks for the advice guys.

Here is a list of current Mods
Muzzy pipes
Dalton Clutch with overdrive plate
MSD ignition also have the PCIII
38mm throttle bodies DASA
oversized injectors DASA
FST 840 kit Stage 2 cams
Weller water pump impeller
Uni air filter

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
Wanting to hear experience from the guys that have or been around the 916 Teryx. My transmission just gave up and since I am that deep I thought it would be worth looking into stroking it. Any feed back would be great. Any over heating issues? What gears are you running (Teryx or Vforce)? Any mods that have to be done or are recommended?

I usually ride the dunes or out on my ranch. Have done a couple XC races. Thanks for the advice guys.

Muzzy pipes
oversized injectors DASA
FST 840 kit Stage 2 cams
Uni air filter
TURBO IT !!

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com

Muzzy pipes
oversized injectors DASA
FST 840 kit Stage 2 cams
Uni air filter
Here is what I have in mine.

1. Dry sump oil sytem that hold 6 quarts of oil
2. Oil cooler with no fan and only hood scoop (funco)
3. 2010 cooling system with stock radiator modifed to 3 pass
4. Big Impeller
5. Billet throttle bodies
6. Wrapped Muzzy Pro exhaust
7. Standard trans and ratios but I did mount my shift tower to the engine so my linkage never come out of adjustment.

The beast runs 180 to 200 in oil temps and 180 water temps. I don't think mine ever hit 200 in water temp.

I love the torque and power although I have yet to let her run WOT because I'm trying to break her in nice.

You won't be disappointed!

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
That is great to know. I have an oil cooler that will be installed when I go back together with it. Thanks for the input. I will probably do it since there is no time like the present to make it happen. Do you have any pictures of the mount you made? Do you think there are any reliablity issues with the stroker?

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
That is great to know. I have an oil cooler that will be installed when I go back together with it. Thanks for the input. I will probably do it since there is no time like the present to make it happen. Do you have any pictures of the mount you made? Do you think there are any reliablity issues with the stroker?

I would not have built it if I did not think it would last!

I have no pictures but it was easy. I just added a few pieces of metal that allowed me to bolt the tower to the engine at the following locations. Front lower valve cover, rear head 6mm boss, clutch cover inspection cover and another boss on the front cylinder.

After I welded those up I cut off the two downtubes that connected the tower to the rest of the tower mount. It still bolts to the floor and the seat mount plates but not from those two to the tower. I allow the tower to float within the platic covers and move with the engine.

FiveFlat

May 6, 2009
Someone just announced a 1000 Teryx kit... just thought I'd throw that out there too.

rmuzzy

Mr. Muzzy - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 2, 2009
Bend Oregon
We are finishing our 999cc kit at this time it will feature our new Billet cylinders. Won't be available for 60 days.

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
Yea FST anounced his 1000cc but that isn't available with the cylinders I have. Just wanted options since I am getting in this deep in the motor.

Thanks for the feed back I will be contacting Muzzy for the crank in the near future. I think this is something I want to do.

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
We are finishing our 999cc kit at this time it will feature our new Billet cylinders. Won't be available for 60 days.
It's going to be that long before we can kick some Butt in the desert.:D
My New Muzzy 800 beats my old 1000CC already. Cant wait for my updated MUZZY 1000CC. Billet cylinders & dry sump, only way to keep one reliable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000