Kawasaki 840 Muzzy smoke question

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Question for the motor techs out there:

I recently installed a 840 kit from Muzzy and STOP oil kit from Hunter works along with the Uni filter. All seemed to go very well... except for my over sight of the oil level being to high (more on that later). I have the stage 1 cams also from Muzzy and the Dynatec programmable CDI and Muzzy pro exhaust.

Yesterday I took it out for the first time and really stretched its legs all was going perfect (amazing power) until about the fifth lap pulling a hill smoke pored out of the exhaust and loss of power. I shut it down within a second or two. Waited a few then restarted, it sounds healthy and both cylinders are firing strong as well the smoke slowed then stopped.

I pulled the plugs and looked inside with a scope all looks ok... I am going to do a leak down and compression test tonight but I am thinking it was the high oil level even with the STOP oil kit. Has anyone sucked oil with a kit do to high oil levels in a Teryx?

Any opinions/ experiences/ thoughts to share ?

Thank you in advance

BOBONTHIS

#64 PRO UTVUNDERGROUND RACER - UTVUnderground Appr
Jan 27, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Sorry for the late responce but it sound like your oil breathers that feed back into the carb box is dumping oil into your intake. Muzzy makes a external oil breather system that is highly needed.

jlbierig450r

Mar 26, 2010
Oklahoma
The STOP kit from Hunter should do the same thing. Problem with the STOP kit is the bottle isn't very large. That is what it sounds like though. The oil level being to high I am sure had something to do with this. I have the 840 with the YFZ can and have had no issues.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
The Muzzy breather going to both heads with there valve covers works awesome on my 916.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000