#78 R1 Race Rhino

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
No, lower bolt on the spindle sheared off.......they were doing good up until that point...had nothing to do with powertrain just a stupid bolt........This car is impressive....if an unlimited class comes about Mike will be able to give each race a run!!

cls 78

Valentine Motorsports - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 3, 2009
Norco
Thanks JoeyD. Unfortunate about the spindle, but it was only it's 3rd time in the dirt, and things are going to happen. I think we found the issue with the bolts that we are running and have fixed it. Let me know if you come across any other races that would let me run. I am new to the utv racing scene and just want to do it to have a good time and get some use out of this thing. I come from sprints and I am tired of only turning left.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
There is discussion of an Unlimited class at M4SX. Troy & Todd from C&C Race Fab (the guys that do tech for M4) said it could happen if there enough cars to run.

Come out next weekend and check it out, bring the car to show, ya never know.

cls 78

Feb 3, 2009
Norco
I emailed Ken a while ago and he told me they need 15 cars to make up a new class, so looks doubtfull unfortunately for me. Wish I could just run with the mods and start in the back, or get some sort of handicap if people are that concerned with the R1. I would be up for anything, I just want to see what it could do on a shortcourse. Perris was my home track with the lightning sprints and it would be fun to drive there in something different.

Mike V.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Like I said, come out next weekend & bring your stuff, ya never know.

If there enough racers behind you, you could atleast get some track time.

Sign up, no scoring, 1/4-1/2 lap back of the rolling start, race clean (midget guys know how), it would work if we could get the mod guys to sign off at the drivers meeting. You just want out on the track and it may draw enough attention to get others like you out there, 15 is a bit much though on Kens part though but I bet theres 7-10 cars out there.

cls 78

Feb 3, 2009
Norco
I will make every effort to be there. I still won't have the engine cover done. Would that be a problem??? My sheetmetal guy needs it for a few days, and I am going out this weekend to do some more test runs.

dnf736

Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
I will make every effort to be there. I still won't have the engine cover done. Would that be a problem??? My sheetmetal guy needs it for a few days, and I am going out this weekend to do some more test runs.
There is a copy of the M4 rule book in the race section, you could also PM or cal C&C Race Fab & ask them, they do the tech and can answer that question.

Google C&C Race fab, it will pop up TTT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000