Kawasaki 74mph Benchmark Teryx

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Well, I finally got time to work on my own vehicle for once.
The vehicle is a 2009 Teryx Sport, 4 seat, with HRT +5" long travel.

It has:
11:1 compression 840
Benchmark Stage I CNC ported heads (stock valves)
Benchmark grind Web Cams (very mild)
Web extended rocker arms
Kibblewhite dual valve springs w/ Titanium retainers
MSD
Muzzy Pro
K&N filter in stock air box (no lid, will be testing with lid on later)
Rez Motorsports overdrive clutch cap

I haven't had it in the dirt yet, but it went 74mph (indicated on stock dash) at 9500 rpm.
It idles like it is stock, and has a very usable power band. It still has all the stock clutch setup currently, which will be changing. Plus the belt deflection is a whopping 45mm right now! The rpm is too low, so while the acceleration is really good, it will be even better when the clutch is tuned and the belt is adjusted.

In addition, the throttle bodies are way too small. The engine is still pulling a vacuum at WOT, which indicates that there is a restriction in the intake. In this case, it is the throttle bodies. You can easily see this by looking at the MAP sensor value on the MSD display.
We have even found that the throttle bodies are too small on a stock engine with just Muzzys and the MSD!
Benchmark just started doing our own bored throttle bodies for the Rhino 700 and now we are going to do them for the Teryx too.

Stay tuned, custom Garrett turbo will be added to this combo very soon!

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Hot off of the dyno...........
This is with 38mm throttle bodies and Benchmark injectors. I didn't have time to test it with the stock TBs. Turns out the 38s are still a little small. Less vacuum at WOT than before, but still pulling a vacuum. More to come.

Click this bar to view the full image.

RPM scale is off on the graph. For whatever reason, it shows properly on the computer but prints incorrectly. Clutching is closer, but still not 100% yet.
Regardless, it has a broad power curve that puts a smile on your face!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000