All UTV's 4 seat sport utv pro's & con's

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
How does it do in the bigger woop sections?
It does really well in the big whoops to cause of its length. we back off the pre load and slow down the rebound and open up the compression which helps a lot.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
We Have 4 Mav Maxes and over 500 miles of Glamis and one mountain run and No issues with them. One bent a tie rod getting crazy so we all upgraded those for good measure. $60 center section. and half of them run no clutch cover in Glamis and so far no belt issues, I think they have that all sorted out. The Fit and Finish and overall comfort of the Max is night and day compared to the rest of them. Plus it hauls Ass for a big car. I raced a guy in a XP900 2 seater by himself and I had my daughter on board and we smoked him by 3 or more car lengths. He was a little shocked.:D
We had one belt issue at 165 miles liar :D

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
We had one belt issue at 165 miles liar :D
i don't count it as a bad belt due to the machine that belt blew due to drivers bad choice of trying to Mob the super soft slip faces that were knee deep soft and climbing that soft slip face with the whole family floored side way forever. I would have expected a better judgment in driving that Shit . Remember how steep and Soft it was, the kids were surfing cardboard down it lol.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
this is what makes the decision hard i have driven the t4 and love it but than i drove the mav max and it is like a LT teryx but with twice the power. i wish kawi would make a t4 1000 with LT.
hmmm. 2015 i heard is when new goodies are coming. i wish sooner. as rusty says T4 for the win. im replacing a jeep i built for johnson valley. we only ride dirt. and mining trails to slash x. so T4 is the perfect ride for my tall family. still waiting on santa claus to pick one up from berts mega mall. ;)

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
hmmm. 2015 i heard is when new goodies are coming. i wish sooner. as rusty says T4 for the win. im replacing a jeep i built for johnson valley. we only ride dirt. and mining trails to slash x. so T4 is the perfect ride for my tall family. still waiting on santa claus to pick one up from berts mega mall. ;)
There are two low mile 2012 long travel t4's for sale on the teryx forum right now.

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
Not to hijack but piggyback. At present I love my '10 Teryx but I maybe in the same boat in a year or so. How much is performance hurt by running 4 full-sized adults in one of these things? Myself plus three of our usual desert group could be nearly 1000 lbs.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
I know the t4 with four guys over 200lbs each could was faster than my 08 t2 with just me in it. The mav max has twice the power of the t4 so shouldn't be to much of a problem

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
I figured as much since I have had a 320ish passenger in my Teryx before and did not notice much difference. Maybe a little more bottoming.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I figured as much since I have had a 320ish passenger in my Teryx before and did not notice much difference. Maybe a little more bottoming.

Yikes. 320. Ya im 6 foot 7 Teryx fits me well. Rzr for speed/sport. Teryx for comfort/reliability.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
wish i could afford both that would solve this hole issue. went to the dealer this weekend and sitting in the maverick then the t4 what a difference. the t4 4 is way more upright and the Mav you sit lower and back more and the pedals were at a more comfortable angle.still have to see how i fit in the new rzr but from what the dealer told me there isn't much more room than the 900.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
wish i could afford both that would solve this hole issue. went to the dealer this weekend and sitting in the maverick then the t4 what a difference. the t4 4 is way more upright and the Mav you sit lower and back more and the pedals were at a more comfortable angle.still have to see how i fit in the new rzr but from what the dealer told me there isn't much more room than the 900.
My 12 and 14 year old Girls can not fit in the back seat of the PolarisXP1k4 without there Knees jammed in to the back seats and that sucks.

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
Dave, there IS more room in the back of the RZR XP41K than the XP4 900. You're welcome to come check my 1K out anytime.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
My 12 and 14 year old Girls can not fit in the back seat of the PolarisXP1k4 without there Knees jammed in to the back seats and that sucks.
not to worried about that now my boys are 1 1/2 and 1 month. so ill have a couple sxs's before they will be to big for the back seat. im 6'5" 260lbs. so as long as it has good room in the front.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000