4,800 Hard dune riding miles on my Teryx

s2k1

Feb 27, 2009
Ramona, CA
www.benchmarkperformance.us
The thing I like about going with an 840 is that you get all new crank, bearings, rods, pistons, etc. it's like a whole new motor. The downside is that many guys run into cooling issues. On a std bore you don't replace the crank and rods and it's just a matter of time when those bearings say enough. The big question is, how much money do I want to sink into it. :D
Josh, by far, most 840s do NOT get all those parts. Most 840s are built on the STOCK bottom end. Stock crank, bearings, and rods. FYI. 840 is just a 5mm big bore on each cylinder.

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
8,000 on my RZR 800

Sometimes I check the oil (it burns a little) :cool:
Sometimes I clean the air filter (when it runs bad) :cool:
Somtimes I check the tire air pressure (when they look flat) :cool:
I checked the water level once. :cool:
Need some new bearings in the front according to my friends :cool:
A few belt changes - 2 in last 4 years. (Just because it was time) belt was still working.
Had to replace front Diff.

Car still runs good though.

Sounds like a rzr. When do you know when to replace the belt before it blows a part?

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Josh, by far, most 840s do NOT get all those parts. Most 840s are built on the STOCK bottom end. Stock crank, bearings, and rods. FYI. 840 is just a 5mm big bore on each cylinder.
I was looking at the Muzzy site and their kits appeared to come with a bottom end. That's how I came to that conclusion. How much use / abuse / miles do you think these bottom ends can take? 5mm isn't that much of a bore... If I ever get around to building it, your the man!

EVE_Designs

May 3, 2010
3,800 Miles on my Rhino 700. It's probably spent 3,700 of those miles at WOT. 1 broken frame, 1 belt change, and probably 4 Oil Changes total. This thing will not quit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000