2017 Baja 1000 - YOU PICK EM'! & OFFICIAL TRACKING THREAD

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Guthrie tracker hasn't updated in 7minutes. Rhys appears to be out front but tracking looks to be off until the Jagged tracker pings
If you click on them individually and see the RM and time they are right on top of each other.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Funny tatum. Was just going to type the same thing. They have to be racing one in front of the other right now

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
I wonder if one of them will decide to back off and let the other go for a bit. Lots of strategy right now for how early it is.

Reactions: tatum

squeak

Nov 16, 2017
I don't see anywhere that Chapo's speed went to zero on his graphs, but he is maintaining an oddly smooth speed on them as well. Or I guess more likely he isn't pinging very often.

Last edited:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
At one point, I noticed both of Marc's entries were very close together, and both at 0 mph. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the backup car was UTILIZED FOR THE FRONT DIFF, AND WITH ONLY 2WD, mARC DECIDED TO PARK THE PARTS CAR. Ahh fuck! Hate that cap lock key.
I still don't understand why 2wd is so debilitating for the utes. It seems to suit all of the other classes just fine.
I believe Marc's front diffs have complete custom internals built using un-obtanium materials by the folks over at Fortin. Marc has as much money in his drive train as some do in their entire vehicle (minus acquisition cost of car, obviously.)

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
From Jason Murray

"Baja 1000 update. Jason started and was running to plan. He was 5th to 7th position up to mile 110. Car was strong. Had the first pit stop and while fueling a flash fire burst the car in flames. Rear of car burnt. 3 guys were mildly burnt. Jason was hit good. One person was rushed to San Felipe hospital to be treated. Thanks to Matt Burroughs team for the help getting our teammate to the hospital. Now we are driving him to the states for further aid. Our guys repaired the burnt parts for an hour. We fell to 20th place. Jason continued to 290mm and moved up to the top 11 physically. He handed the X3 off to Logan who is now picking off positions and is working into the top 8. We still have over 800 miles to go and we will fight to put the x3 on the box. Last report is the car is fresh and strong. More to come . Dan will get in at 540mm"

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Hey Joey any word on the mattlocks ?
Wayne hasn't updated for like 5 hours now. Still shows him at RM209. But he should be well beyond that.

Kristen has been down for a while at RM 171. I just heard her try to raise weatherman on the radio but she didn't come back. Hopefully she isn't calling in to say they are out. I couldn't tell if they are stuck on course or in a pit working on the RZR. they are in an area where they could be in a pit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000