2015 MINT 400 - Draw results

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
With 56 UTV's they should offer qualifying as I can't see how you can with with a start outside of the top 20. Could it be done? Maybe, but highly unlikely.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Top 20 finishers from UTV WC obviously make up the top 20 starting positions. I really think they should be inverted but here we go!

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
So whats the deal we do all 400 Miles ??? I remember reading something like that but it included IF IF IF ????

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
With 56 UTV's they should offer qualifying as I can't see how you can with with a start outside of the top 20. Could it be done? Maybe, but highly unlikely.
It can be done, it wont be easy. We started 3rd row @ UTV WC and justin was sleeping on the line...so we ended up with a 40th+ start and made it all the way down to 5th physically before we had some problems. It took 6 laps to get there. I honestly don't see casey doing qualifying any time soon...so in my opinion if we continue seeing these large turn outs there is going to have to be more than 1 pill draw. 1 for the folks thats made all previous races and 1 for the guys that have not. Or something similar. If you start looking at season points from last year there was less than 15 that went to every race.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
But unlike the UTV Championships you will also have another 175+ cars in other classes on the track with you. This will help slow the lead cars, but the fact is a guy with a bad draw will also have to contend with those cars eventually too. I just think its got to be frustrating for a team like JaggedX who is running two cars and both got poor draws. I've been wrong before, think they could possibly get a top 5 if luck falls their way and we see allot of broke (DNF) or cars with lots of down time.

I think a two at a time start would help the guys with a bad draw. BITD might have to do this just to get everyone off the starting line in time? Does anyone know the starting order in regards to where the UTV class will start? I thought this year they were going to be placed via past speed & results?

Reactions: facteryfmf

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Not sure the starting order but yes that will Def make a big difference in if the leaders can run away with it!

danishracer

Aug 24, 2014
You get rewarded for a good UTV WC finish, that was talked about before the race and I agreed, we will start 50th, you want a good start in the Mint get a good result the race before, but wait, if it means that frikin Johnny starts upfront I change my mind! jK

Reactions: JoeyD23 and Johnny
May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Did they use the overall finish or how you finished in class for the top 20 draw ? I know there was a top 20 in class at the utvwc who is starting 40th at the Mint. Unfortinately I am not going to be able to make the MInt , just curious...

danishracer

Aug 24, 2014
Im not sure, I know that was the talk and starting lap 4 our suspension broke and I believe we were recorded in 46th position, they have us at 50 so not sure

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Doesn't BITD start all lap races side x side only point to point races are single file. The problem with qualifying in the utv's is everyone will complain track set up for short course or not long enough or to long all the above and it adds another day being there. Ex instead of Friday driving up to do tech you will have to drive up Wednesday night to qualify Thursday morning. If it was me maybe spend more effort to have pre runs.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
You should be rewarded for running the season start with parker make that race a draw race. Then from that race on make it start were you finished from that point on. If you want to come in after that race you move down to last guy that started all races and make it a drawing from that point on. To make it interesting you invert top 10 one race then maybe 10-20 keep switching it around make it interesting all season. But for mad media/utv underground make utvwc a qualify race to get into mint400.

Reactions: JoeyD23

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Doesn't BITD start all lap races side x side only point to point races are single file. The problem with qualifying in the utv's is everyone will complain track set up for short course or not long enough or to long all the above and it adds another day being there. Ex instead of Friday driving up to do tech you will have to drive up Wednesday night to qualify Thursday morning. If it was me maybe spend more effort to have pre runs.
Its a be careful what you ask for situation.

On one hand, Qualifying is the fairest way to determine ones starting position. On the other hand, it adds another day of travel, another day of driving your race machine, which means in a lot of cases more time to re-prep on friday before the race. Its cool to have qualifying but it does add cost to the racers and teams.

In addition it adds cost to BITD or whoever is sanctioning / putting on the race. More track workers, more safety crews, etc etc etc.

As for the start, the way they do it in TT for BITD, and I am sure you know this, the top qualifier gets to leave the start line solo. The rest leave the line in pairs. In SCORE everyone leaves one at a time.

danishracer

Aug 24, 2014
You'll never make everybody happy, could you imagine being a lil slow on signing up for the Mint and being told your on a waiting list! I like racing and whatever it is it is,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000