2014 Teryx T4

Bumpers

Jan 23, 2012
glad to see it... the kawis are looking more and more promising for the work minded fold that like to have fun too

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
Step in the right direction, but I still want more before I trade up. Who will get my business?

dunecruzr

ITS A SAND THING
Mar 19, 2011
MESA AZ
I am here to say it is a huge step in the right direction for Kawasaki! I am glad. With Muzzy producing solid big bore kits for the kawie's and with the quality of the unit you dont have to worry about upgrading something else to handle the additional power, unlike some of the other choices out there. Just my 2 cents. My daughter races short course with a Teryx 916 and with stock diffs, and no additional frame reinforcements the car is strong and holds up. the race car is making over 80hp. Enough said on the quality. I have seen other makes with less power and more upgrades to handle their power upgrades fail. The funny thing is by the time these lighter and higher cc production cars were done with their upgrades to handle their profromance upgrades they weighed nearly as much as the Teryx. Once again this is just my 2 cents based off of what I have seen and expereinced. So I give a huge nod to Kawasaki for taking a small step towards a larger cc motor, with quality componets on the under side as well.

P.S.
Shame on you Joey D for not having a picture of the new T4 on the front page of the Underground, but yet a month in advance we have a notice about the release of the new line up of POLARIS RZRs. PLEASE! Oh I am sure I will hear from all of the POLARIS RZR lovers out there hating on me, but anytime you want to meet up and go big air on a short course track and trade paint let me know be glad to see who crosses the finish line first!

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
yep, got the email from kawa yesterday as well. looks good. only 2 color choice on the LE. but more power. same great headroom and legroom. its on my list for sure.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I actually like the bed. I bought all my gear to that size 43x18 i believe? My AO cooler, fuel can, tool bag, first aid kit and spare all fit. But it is snug.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Hmmmm. You have a point. Also i dont see used t4 anywheres. They must hold their value. The rzr xp was quick to be on used websites. Even modified. I know thats a different animal. And no disrespect to the rzr. But the t4 seems to hold its own for sure.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The info was not pre-released to the media thats why there isn't a lot of news out there on it other than what you see on Kawasaki's site. We got an email yesterday with the link to the Kawasaki Media Site.

With that said, I am a HUGE fan of the Kawasaki Teryx and T4. The T4 is my personal favorite UTV when going out on an adventure ride alone or with my family. Its not going to win any drag races but its going to get me everywhere I want to go and do so in comfort. I really dig the new additions!

The one thing I did notice in this release besides all the new features on the LE is that there is no 2 seat Teryx.... hmmmmmmm????

Anyway, all the new, photos and specs are here: click the photo

dunecruzr

ITS A SAND THING
Mar 19, 2011
MESA AZ
Alright Joey, you are off the hook. It's just that I think it's great that the a Japanese mfg has finally raised their motor CCs, would have been nice to see Yamaha do it as they brought us these great road machines, however just glad someone else stepped it up no matter how small a step it is. I am tired of RZR this and Can Am that. Now maybe the T2 will be in the same CCs as the T4, I guess time will tell.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
P.S.
Shame on you Joey D for not having a picture of the new T4 on the front page of the Underground, but yet a month in advance we have a notice about the release of the new line up of POLARIS RZRs. PLEASE! Oh I am sure I will hear from all of the POLARIS RZR lovers out there hating on me, but anytime you want to meet up and go big air on a short course track and trade paint let me know be glad to see who crosses the finish line first!
Your complaint should be with Kawasaki, not with me. I can't post images of what I don't have. I do not control the OEM's release schedule nor how they release it. I was given the information on the new T4 along with all the other media the day the released the machine to the public. Its pretty OBVIOUS that for the past 4 years that if I have information we are usually the first to drop it.

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Here is a little insight to the changes and what it could mean to a current T4 owner or a new T4 owner in terms of adjustability.

Not only has the cc's been changed but the clutch and final ratio have also changed. If you mix match some parts you can fine tune your T4 for the area you ride. For example, if you are like me you can put a new T4 (2014) clutch in the 2012/13 T4 and make your crawl ratio better. If you are a duner and want more top speed you can put a 2012/13 clutch in your new T4 and increased the final drive ratio for better top speed.

Muzzy also told me that there are multiple options now the the stroke has been increased. Muzzy will have a 958cc kit for the 2014 engine. Muzzy recommends the 840 kit for the 12-13 models or 916 billet kit. For the 2014 the 877 or 958 billet kit.

az_amsoil

Amsoil Arizona - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 22, 2009
I like the fact that my 2008 Kawi is still relevent (only motor work done was port/polish)...I'm not winning a race, but it gets me everywhere I want to go and has never let me down. Kawi has gone through some growing pains (i.e. air filter seal, radiator size, valves/springs, ect...). However, the first gen T4 was a huge step up from my machine (same engine cc and better clutch) and while cc increase seems small, I'll bet the 2nd gen will be another set up.

It's my belief that Kawi has no interest in being the flavor of the month and is content with supplying solid build, reliable machines for the "tweener" market (not a big utility and not a single purpose duner). This is very similar to my truck...sure I'd love to have a Ford Raptor to rip around the desert or a 1 ton dually to haul anything I might need, but my 3/4 ton, gas truck with some suspension work gets me everywhere and has never left me stranded.

:D

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Here is a little insight to the changes and what it could mean to a current T4 owner or a new T4 owner in terms of adjustability.

Not only has the cc's been changed but the clutch and final ratio have also changed. If you mix match some parts you can fine tune your T4 for the area you ride. For example, if you are like me you can put a new T4 (2014) clutch in the 2012/13 T4 and make your crawl ratio better. If you are a duner and want more top speed you can put a 2012/13 clutch in your new T4 and increased the final drive ratio for better top speed.

Muzzy also told me that there are multiple options now the the stroke has been increased. Muzzy will have a 958cc kit for the 2014 engine. Muzzy recommends the 840 kit for the 12-13 models or 916 billet kit. For the 2014 the 877 or 958 billet kit.
Thats awesome. just made my mind up t4 time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000