2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Halfway through my second round of listening to this live show, a few notes to share.

UTV Pro cars qualify Tuesday, early. I assume 8 am since every other day is scheduled to start at 8.

Both UTV classed race the same course as EMC/Spec/Legends. EMC stock and UTV Sportsman get to take bypasses around the major rock obstacles, while EMC Mod/Spec/Legends/UTV Pro do not get bypasses. Dave mentioned EMC Modified racers asked for a harder course, and that he delivered. Then he laughed. Go read his post on pirate, and then come to your own conclusion.

There are now 9 cars in Sportsman, as one is now in Pro. Racetart order for Sportsman:
1. Scott Barnett
2. Mel Wade IV
3. Amberly Sacalas
4. Matt Dow
5. Lindsay Syler
6. John Melvin
7. Terry Kenyon
8. Brian Hogue
9. Brett Snyder

Pro qualifying order, as stated by Dave. Has a few new names, and he left two names off. He also said a name I think was an error(Brian Rush, then he was interrupted, and then said Brian Bush), so I didn't include that name.
1. Wesley Gryner
2. Casey Currie
3. Joseph Chavez
4. Bill Barnett
5. Branden Sims
6. Cody Nygren
7. Wyatt Casper
8. Angie Sripoona
9. Lanse Chournos
10. Darryl Dunlap
11. Arnold Parris
12. Blake Van de Loo
13. Chris Barnett
14. Matt Enochs
15. Troy Bigelow
16. Brian Bush
17. Brian Braun
18. John Duckworth
19. Fred Stanford
20. Jason Murray
21. Rob Usnick
22. Mitch Guthrie
23. Matthew Hamilton
24. Dean Bulloch

The two drivers on the verified driver list that weren't named are Robert Shepherd and Robert VanBeekum. Not sure if they canceled or transferred to a higher level class or were just mistakenly left out.

Add it up, it's 33 cars. 35 if you count the two guys not listed tonight. Maybe 36 if Brian Rush is an actual person. We will know tomorrow!

Interesting thing is that there will be a 17-18 minute head start for the first Pro over the last Sportsman, meaning the first UTV driver to finish is almost guaranteed to be a Sportsman.

Heybeerman

Mar 3, 2011
Morristown, AZ
I think that is a respectable turnout. And a good turnout for Sportsman.

Come on people still time to get in on the fun!!

This race is logistically tough, But there are ways to make it easier on yourself. I'm sure if you post up you can get teams to help you with pit support using your gas and parts,

I'm buying Beer & shots for all drivers and Co-Drivers Tuesday night!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I'm buying Beer & shots for all drivers and Co-Drivers Tuesday night!

Heh heh heh... Are you drinking? I can see the hangovers now.... Man these bumps are killing my freakin head!!!! LOL!!!

Great gesture for comraderie, it's what makes this such a great race and week!

Good on ya Blake!

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Do we know who to talk to about tech inspection? The machine I was getting ready may need a top end build and am working on getting another one ready.
I was just going to weld on some extra bracing to my wildcat cage, need to know if that will work for the pro class. Its already a 6 point cage.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Do we know who to talk to about tech inspection? The machine I was getting ready may need a top end build and am working on getting another one ready.
I was just going to weld on some extra bracing to my wildcat cage, need to know if that will work for the pro class. Its already a 6 point cage.

http://www.isxsa.com/Rules Pg. 24 should answer your question.

Straight from the Ultra4 site.

I hope it helps!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Dan, the rules posted for 2014 on the Ultra 4 site show different.

"6.6 UTV Class
6.6.1 A UTV is defined as a standard production based side by side 2 or more seat vehicle. 1000 CC or less motor with powersports based drivetrain. Any non-production based belt driven vehicles must be approved prior to racing.
6.6.2 UTV Safety – UTV’s to follow all Ultra4 Safety rules with the following exceptions
6.6.2.1 Six Point aftermarket racing cage. Sportsman may use 4 point factory cage with aftermarket rear bracing creating a six point cage
6.6.2.2 SFI Rated 5 point harnesses. Sportsman may use 4 point harnesses.
6.6.2.3 Seats must have slots for harnesses and adequate headrest contact with a helmet on.
6.6.2.4 Doors are required but not required to open
6.6.2.5 Window nets or arm restraints required
6.6.2.6 Factory plastic fuel cells allowed if used in factory mounting position"

Based on what this says, I would say no on the stock cage being legal. It only allows for additional braces to be used to bring the car into sportsman class legality.

Lanse, build a cage on that car quickly, you have time. Get one of Dean's cage kits if needed.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Sorry guys, I guess I ended up in a foreign land somehow. That is where it directed me from the Ultra4 site. Time for some house cleaning I guess, must've got to a 2013/2013 link somehow.

I tried to find the link that Chris has and I'll be damned if I can get there through the homepage. I see the "changes", but not a direct link.

I guess that's a good thing now that there is a direct link here...

Mea Culpa...:eek:

Ah, I see, it's under Drivers... Go figure!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Don't forget to show support to the current guys who have been promoting this UTV race since the beginning!

Share these vids!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0txFMrKDE4&list=PLafdRZtJSBY0194QU8c-3s0BcwQWenx6_&index=4"]UTVUnderground Presents: 2013 King of the Hammers - POLARIS RACING - YouTube[/ame]

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=131
Rugged Radios is gearing up for another awesome week in Hammertown for the 2014 King of the Hammers race.

Rugged Radios will be providing FREE tech support and radio tuning for all racers, regardless of whose equipment you're using.

We'll be arriving on Friday, January 31st and will be up and running by late afternoon.

Please stop by and say hello, we would love to meet all of our great customers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000