2014 King Of The Hammers - YES there will be a UTV Race!

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
I asked Shannon @ Ultra4 to make sure UTVs are indeed qualifying like Dave told me. Still nothing on the website about it, and she knew nothing about it...
Straight from Dave's mouth a few days ago:

The course is released 1/31 ;)

We are having a drawing for EMC Stock, UTV Sportsman and Legends next week at 4WPW that will be broadcast live.

EMC Mod, Spec and UTV Pro are qualifying for start positions.

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Qualifying is about as new as the rules. It was rumored 11 months ago, but not set in stone until recently.

Qualifying is great for us. Eliminates the randomness of class hopping, which Dave hated, and it makes us more spectator friendly. Both things help our class live on.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Qualifying is about as new as the rules. It was rumored 11 months ago, but not set in stone until recently.

Qualifying is great for us. Eliminates the randomness of class hopping, which Dave hated, and it makes us more spectator friendly. Both things help our class live on.
I have no problem with qualifying, I think that's great. But a schedule should be posted, so we can plan our time out there.
This unknown, rumor mill stuff doesn't do anyone good. Let's run a professional race and have fun, not have a guessing game.

jabnasty

Jan 29, 2012
Team nasty 1924 will be there bring your a game because a tire isn't taking us out this year.

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
Nice joey. You will be a busy dude again. Hope to see you out at chocolate thunder again.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
How we roll at the hammers. Just another lazy Thursday night cruise....:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h34eMSRiL10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BRAVE Motorsports

Jan 13, 2014
Couple rules questions that I am hoping some on here can help out with. I have an email into tech/Dave, but figured I'd post up here as well. I apologize if I missed these earlier in the thread.

1. The way the rules read an all metal firewall is needed behind the passengers. I noticed in earlier years rules though that stock plastic was acceptable for the UTV race and wasn't sure if it was overlooked this year. Anyone know what the requirement was last year? Since it isn't called out as an exception I assume the following below applies...

6.2.4.4 All vehicles must have an all-metal firewall separating the occupants’ compartment from the danger of fire from the engine and fuel supply.
A minimum firewall must be liquid tight and extend from body side to body side. If engine is rear-mounted, firewall must be liquid tight and extend from the driver’s shoulder height to the vehicle floor and extend from body side to body side. If rear mounted fuel cell is higher than driver’s shoulder height, a firewall between the driver and the fuel cell must extend at least 2" above the top of the fuel cell.

2. While factory fuel tanks are acceptable they must still adhere to rules in section 6.2.14.3 FUEL: PLUMBING, FILLING & VENTILATION. i.e. ball valves, check vavles, vents are neccessary additions correct?

I appreciate anyone who already been asking these questions filling the rest of us in.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Just listened to Ultra4 Racing Live tonight.

There will be Qualifying for Pro class. They announced the order, but it went too fast to write it down.

Sounds like the course will be about as hard as last year. Get your game on. And no complaining!!!

jabnasty

Jan 29, 2012
It's gonna be hard getting the rzr ready with pre running and qualifying but glad to be racing on our own day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000