2013 Monster Jam San Diego UTV Race Video

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
We had a good time last night at Monster Jam. The UTV's were fun to watch as always. James Hill of IMG Motorsports was running strong but in the final corner let up and was punted by Tommy Scranton in the Pro Armor Wildcat. UTVUnderground racers Will Rogers and Cody Rahders would go 1 and 2 and Tommy would able to get back going in time to get 3rd. Pretty cool to see Cody in that 570 keeping up with the 900 and 1000's!

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N9LWbFnhQKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

steino411

American Pride
Jan 3, 2011
San Diego
I was there to see the final, and the Mav looked really fast. He was the only one totally clearing the tabletop. too bad he didnt get the win.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
I give mad props to everyone racing last night we had a blast. Now if anyone caught the first 2 races they were great too....! Great job to Pro Armor racer Tommy Scranton... Started in 7th in the 1st race and heald 1st place from the 3rd lap on. The second race Tommy started in the first line and hole shot with the Pro Armor Gen2 Wildcat, then checked out. Bet no one thought thought the cats could hang... Lol. The 3rd race James Hill and Cody Also started on the font line, so we were in for a great race! Tommy pulled hold shot and there was a tight battle for first for 2 laps before James held 1st until the last turn... Video shows... All in all, everyone had fun and the racing was great UTV exposure... Be sure to see any UTV races you can, they are all good!

Huge thanks to Pro Armor, Arctic Cat, Speedwerx, GBC Tires, Yoshimura, Douglas Wheels...!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
It was fun for sure, we took the RZR570, a less than 50hp single cylinder and put it up against a field of 1000cc cars to see what it would do. I was happy with 4th but a podium finish was sweet.

Funny part, Cody broke a u-joint in heat 2 so before the main I stuffed a socket in the ujoint then gorilla taped it in and ran it, thanks Black Rhino for the socket and Gorilla tape!

Maybe next time we'll level the playing field and put Cody in an XP....

Thanks Polaris, Alba, Cognito, Fox, ITP, Black Rhino, RacerX, K&N, & the UTVunderground for the support.

BrArmor

Scranton Boys Racing OG
Oct 5, 2011
Lake Elsinore, Ca
www.imgms.com
Yeah for sure! Everyone racing last night were great drivers and wide mix of vehicles. I'm not saying we are top of anything yet, but first real race in a couple years and in a wildcat, which everyone doubts, except us! Haha

Great driving to Cody, can't believe you can do what you do in a 570! Great driving!

And 1st place to Will always right there at the top!

Can't wait to start the 2013 season!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Hey all, someone I forgot to mention that deserves a ton of credit for dealing with the racers, security staff, and promoter to help put together a great show and UTV showing is Heather Sebastian of Podium Productions, great job!.

Thanks Heather!

BlackDog

Jan 21, 2013
San Diego
Sweet. I did not know UTVs would be there. I was out in the desert that night so I missed it but it looks like it was fun. No surprise on the 570. They are often overlooked little cars that only need a little more suspension for desert riding. Thanks to all the racers who showed up to rep our sport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000