2013 King of the Hammers UTV Race Info

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I wish more people could see them but being on thursday is difficult for most of the spectators to see them race.
were going out tue after work. staying until sat. be out on the course for lcq days. but planting myself in front of the jumbotron and bonfire thur and fri maybe. were there food vendors lastyear? or a beer booth? LOL

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
were going out tue after work. staying until sat. be out on the course for lcq days. but planting myself in front of the jumbotron and bonfire thur and fri maybe. were there food vendors lastyear? or a beer booth? LOL
Sounds like a good plan. Yes there was food vendors last year and no on the beer booth. There were a couple of good places to eat, so bring some cash and pack your cooler for the jumbotron days.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Several must winch obstacles would define hard for me. Maybe not as big of a deal on a Sunday drive with friends, but in a race environment it will be tough!
True story!

667RzRocker

Dec 6, 2012
Has any body ran the GBC Mongrel Tires and done any extream rock crawling? If so how did they do and are they better or worse then the Pit Bull rockers? At the hammers is it better to run the same width tire front and rear or staggered widths?

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I've got over 1000 miles on Mongrels in all types of terrain. Including rock crawling in Moab. The Mongrel holds up really well and does a great job in the rocks. I can't compare it to the Pit Bull as I haven't run a set of their tires. So far, everyone that has run the Mongrels has been really happy with them. As for the same size all around it sure makes it easy for carrying a spare tire.

American Rock Rods

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Jan 27, 2012
Denver, Colorado
Just heard that they are extending the gap between EMC and UTV to 2 hours. So far 30 UTV signed up.
It was originally two hours, then one, and now back to two? I was really hoping for it to be a one hour gap. Two hours means the pit crews will be there for a long time before we even start.

JCCBURT

Dec 7, 2012
Los Angeles
I just wanted to introduce myself... my name is Burt Jenner, I plan on racing KOH UTV this year...watched the past 3...

I have a deposit for the the Maverick Xrs and am in line supossedly for car #3 available... taking a lil risk on a new car, but hoping to get lucky. Test drove in at their test day and it seems awesome but I have nothing to compare it to... lol

Supossed to get it in a week or so...

Anyway, I am a rock and UTV virgin... come from a karting and formula car background, lil motocross etc. I could use all the help I can get from just about anyone as far as dirt/rock/UTV setup etc. I know I'll have a diff vehicle than almost everyone, just thought I'd throw it out there that I'm all ears... This thread has already been very helpfull...

Anyway Cheers, look forward to meeting you all...

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
splitting firewood this weekend for KOH. were getting into KOH mode. only 1 month to go. :cool:

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com
Well we are less than one month away. Any more news? Does any one know if we hit the max car limit bewteen emc and utv(was it 100)? How about the total UTV count? Might go out and practice MLK weekend, anyone else? Whats the weather been like out there lately?

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
She told me the starting position is a random draw for all utvs, It doesn't matter what class you are in. They will determine the class you will run at tech.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000