2013 BITD VEGAS to RENO

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Since BajaXP isn't racing BITD this year, and is usually the one stirring up the pot on the pre race hoopla, i figured someone should get this deal started for V2R!

Cognito pre race prep is getting meticulous, we must locate and smash this bug that is getting our ass this year!

What's everyone else up to???

nottoli

Apr 24, 2013
What r we doing................well..............Rooting for the Cali Shop (Bakersfield area) to prevail in the next BIG race (V2R) over the BIG OEM, BIG Customer/Sponsored rigs. The same local Cali shop that tirelessly supports privateers endeavoring to participate in desert, medium or short course racing.

Good things happen to good people and good shops......

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
We have a 300 mile race this weekend as a prep race for V2R, we will be crunching number on the new car as far as fuel consumption and pit times and driver changes, then back to the garage ( you know the two car garage I stole from my wife when we started our team) for a rear down and full prep... Hopefully any little gremlins will come out this weekend and we can address them and then we will be getting ready for V2R we are excited to run this race and look forward to seeing everyone out there...View attachment 10465

Attachments

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
VtoR is fast approaching. You can see from this picture that we are getting closer to being ready as well after our Baja 500 run and wreck.....
I heard a rumor that you guys had a wreck, but didnt see any details really, everybody ok? What happened? Give me some juice!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
We have a 300 mile race this weekend as a prep race for V2R, we will be crunching number on the new car as far as fuel consumption and pit times and driver changes, then back to the garage ( you know the two car garage I stole from my wife when we started our team) for a rear down and full prep... Hopefully any little gremlins will come out this weekend and we can address them and then we will be getting ready for V2R we are excited to run this race and look forward to seeing everyone out there...View attachment 10465
Well good luck this weekend, be sure you make it to V2R, it is epic!

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
What r we doing................well..............Rooting for the Cali Shop (Bakersfield area) to prevail in the next BIG race (V2R) over the BIG OEM, BIG Customer/Sponsored rigs. The same local Cali shop that tirelessly supports privateers endeavoring to participate in desert, medium or short course racing.

Good things happen to good people and good shops......
Thank you Steve, nice to have customers who express their satisfaction with Cognito and the effort and work we put in!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Thanks for the Love Steve!!! If I ever meet that S.O.B Murphy that has been plaguing our 2013 season Imma kill him!! On a side note....Justin did we get them NEW Blue, White, and Silver Cognito Stickers printed:D:eek:;)...I think were gonna need them. Our red stands out a little too good on a Blue Car.:cool:

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Since BajaXP isn't racing BITD this year, and is usually the one stirring up the pot on the pre race hoopla, i figured someone should get this deal started for V2R!

Cognito pre race prep is getting meticulous, we must locate and smash this bug that is getting our ass this year!

We have re-designed and built a totally new exhaust system for our Maverick. Our exhaust location, as well as the radiator cooling fans hot air deflecting off of the spare tire onto the fuel cell bit us hard at Baja (vapor lock). It was rather challenging fitting all of the necessary amenities into the Mav's short wheelbase, but we're quickly learning what we can't do!
We will use an upcoming 500 mile race to shake down our changes, and then off to V2R! We are excited about the prospect of racing with all of you top Polaris guys. Looking forward to a clean, close race and hopefully a podium finish! Good luck, and see you guys there.

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
well, awesome to see there will be some fresh talent out there at V2R, guess its time for roll call? Fill it in guys, pro, sportsman, dsr1 etc., all UTVs!

1. Cognito- 4 drivers/co-drivers, murphy is out

can we get more than 25 cars???

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
1. 1918 Cognito- 4 drivers/co-drivers, murphy is out
2. 1915 One Gear Loose Racing ;):D

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
One Gear loose is right, especially to go
Up against you big name boys but hey we are doing it that's all that matters to us :) if u guys get bored this weekend in Bakersfield come down to the pure 300

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
One Gear loose is right, especially to go
Up against you big name boys but hey we are doing it that's all that matters to us :) if u guys get bored this weekend in Bakersfield come down to the pure 300
I am thinking of coming out to see the show in cal city:)

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC

Justin...you are doing a fine job without me! Keep it going and don't be afraid to throw out a little smack-chat...HA!

Looks like a bunch of the BITD UTV regulars are going to show for the Baja 1000. This will likely be the biggest UTV turn out for UTV's in Baja EVER!. Can't wait.

Good luck at V2R!

-MP

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
Justin...you are doing a fine job without me! Keep it going and don't be afraid to throw out a little smack-chat...HA!

Looks like a bunch of the BITD UTV regulars are going to show for the Baja 1000. This will likely be the biggest UTV turn out for UTV's in Baja EVER!. Can't wait.

Good luck at V2R!

-MP
MP the urge to get down there for the baja 1000 is taking over control. It just might happen for us, maybe. Have to see if we can put at least an hour on 2nd place at V2R :D

i am going to have to keep scouring the couch cushions for spare change to make V2R happen, my biggest sponsor gave me a pay cut!! (myself :confused:)

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Come On down to the pure race we could always use a hand in the pit... And my wife will get you drunk and steal all your team strategies and ideas hahahaha

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
looks like you and i have 1st and 2nd tied up shrive, no one else racing???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000