2013 BITD Season Preview / Parker 250

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The 2013 season is about to kick off this weekend in Parker for the 2013 Parker 250. Some old and new faces will be entering the Pro class for 2013 as well as some old racers in new cars!!

The 1917 team of Murray Racing looks to debut their new factory backed Can Am Maverick this year. Possibly the most anticipated new platform to hit the racing scene, the entire UTV industry has their eyes on these guys to see not only how their machine is going to do but how they are going to compete against the ever so dominant Polaris'. We know they feel the pressure from Can Am to deliver a championship, but knowing the Murrays they are up to the task!

Scott Martinez in the 1911 John Deere will be campaigning 2 UTV's for this first race entering his good ol JD Gator in the race with Matt Krimple behind the wheel while he jumps behind the wheel of his BRAND NEW John Deere RSX850i. He and Magnum Offroad have been slaving away building this new machine since early 2012. Like most builds it has come down to the wire with Parker being its first true shakedown. We will break the news wide open on this car in the coming days and we think everyone in the sport will appreciate the efforts and craftsmanship that has been put into this new platform. The pressure is on for this team to deliver, finally able to shake the honest excuse of not having the power the other machines have. This new 850 should be able to run with the best of them! We will all soon find out!

Jagged X has once shaken up their program. Gone is the sportsman 1991 car and Matt Parks will take his efforts to Baja while still racing under the Jagged X / Polaris umbrella. Craig Scanlon who is the Polaris Off-Road Marketing Manager got his feet wet and then became addicted to off-road racing while campaigning the 1991 alongside Bill Schueler in 2012, he now will move up from the Sportsman class and will race the 1931 Jagged X XP900 in the Pro UTV class! I still think its awesome that a guy who holds so much responsibility in the UTV industry comes out to play with all of us in the desert! The 1931 will be re-prepped for Parks who will race the same car in Baja this season in the SCORE series. 4 time BITD Pro UTV champion Brandon Schueler will be lining up once again in the Pro UTV class looking to regain the glory he once had in the class. Polaris does not want to see another manufacturer take that championship so look for them to put all the resources necessary towards their Jagged X program once again!

The team no one talked about in 2012 and ended up taking home the 2012 Pro UTV championship in BITD is BACK! Scott Kiger and Mark Holz of the Coastal Racing team in their Polaris XP900 are coming back with a vengeance. This machine comes ready every race, its fast, light, and has some of the best sponsors one could ever want in a race UTV. Coastal Racing is known for their will to win no matter where they race and rest assured, one championship does not satisfy their hunger!

The 1918 team of Cognito Motorsorts showed in 2012 that they are FOR REAL! Cognito is everywhere these days racing in WORCS, Lucas Regionals, BITD, and anywhere else they can fit a race into their schedule. They learned quickly how to get their XP4 to run up with the big boys and put in a solid effort at the end of the season to bring home a championship. This is my sleeper pick of the season, watch out for Cognito, they have some talented drivers and a committed support crew dedicated to getting these guys on top of the box!

Sappington, the guy who does it all! Tech's everyone's car while prepping his own! Will he be back? Something tells me as long as their is a UTV class, Cory will be racing it. Question is, will he get the Can-Am love he deserves and be racing a Maverick this year!? Either way it seems Sappington always finds a way and will be back to give the competition fits as he continues to fight for his piece of the championship pie!

I wish we knew everyones story, I wish we knew if Lansky was going to put in a full season. Will Dennis Jean return after his terrible wreck at V2R last year. will the women of sportsman, Joanne Gonzalez and Lacretia Beurrier put in a full season this year? How will DSR1 shake out?? Will Sean Cook race BITD this year? Will the merging of SCORE and HDRA hurt UTV car counts? Will Kingpin be back? Will The Mint 400 be the biggest desert UTV race EVER in 2013?? So many questions, not enough answers...

One thing we do know... UTVUnderground.com is committed to having coverage from each and every race once again! We are working hard with OEM's to raise budget to provide more post race videos then ever! We know that The Martelli Brothers of Mad Media are committed to even MORE love at the Mint 400 this year for UTV's! And we know that no matter what UTVUnderground will be the goto place for racers to discuss the season, see their photos, and celebrate the sport we all love!!

LETS GO RACING!!!

Parker 250 Starting Order

1 1919 Schueler
2 1931 Scanlon
3 1920 Lansky
4 1918 Lambert
5 1934 Kiger
6 1938 Thomas
7 1941 Mickels
8 1911 Martinez
9 1917 Murray
10 1947 Perkins

Last edited:

smiller

Jun 28, 2012
"The team no one talked about in 2012 and ended up taking home the 2012 Pro UTV championship in BITD is BACK!"

How can that be changed Joey?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Well crap, I mean, I talked about ya hahah

but it seems like everyone always talked about the Murrays or Jagged when I was in conversation. Seems everyone was sleeping on the Coastal team! But I do need to make sure I give everyone their due love and attention!

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Avid Racing (Lansky) will be at Parker 250 with the venerable Commander for its last Hurrah! the Maverick will be ready for the Mint come hell or high water! Looking to be a little more consistent this year!

Look forward to seeing you all out there for another great year of BITD racing!

rzr 1930

Sep 14, 2010
Joey, will you be supporting HDRA / SCORE this year? Cook Off-Road Racing has drawn the #1 spot for the HDRA Las Vegas 250 this weekend. Good luck to all the racers running Parker this weekend!!

rzr 1930

Sep 14, 2010
HDRA Las Vegas 250 starting order:

Sean Cook
Bill Morris
Todd Stephenson
Doug Mcready

I think there might be a few more coming that did not register for the draw.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Joey, will you be supporting HDRA / SCORE this year? Cook Off-Road Racing has drawn the #1 spot for the HDRA Las Vegas 250 this weekend. Good luck to all the racers running Parker this weekend!!
Yes we plan to have coverage from the HDRA races this year. We met with Roger Norman late last year to discuss this. It all comes down to time and budget for us though. So not sure I can personally be at all rounds as my schedule is so packed, I have to choose on where the most cars will be or where those who are paying us to do some cool content want us to go. BUT I do plan to get some coverage from ALL the desert races this year. UTVUnderground supports ALL UTV racing and racers whether we can cover it / them or not.

Due to the fact that there is now a Pro UTV class in SCORE we are hoping for some content funds to be able to cover the SCORE races more in depth. Of course, as always UTVUnderground will be heading to Mexico for the Baja races, we have been going for many years so that won't change. We just hope to be able to have the ability to cover the UTV race more closely then ever before. UTVUnderground has a solid love for Baja and Mexico racing so we hope that MORE racers will be taking on the Baja this year as the more racers enter, the more incentive we have to stay up all night following the racers on course!!! Help us HELP YOU!! hahahaha

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Nice story!! Watch out for Justin Squared this year!! I hear they will have matching pedicures for good luck!!:D:eek:

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
We will be in Parker and at the Mint. We will race as many as we can afford. Eric and Brian are taking on the KOH this year too! Can't wait for that! Thank you much for all the love Joey! Utvundergound is always good to me! See you all on Friday!!!1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000