Kawasaki 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4 750 4x4 OFFICIAL RELEASE **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
Re: 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4 OFFICIAL RELEASE **UTVUnderground Exclusive

Kawi has rented this entire resort. INSANE!! They completely took it over and still had to put a ton of people at the Marriott next door.

They should have spent that money on some design engineers! :eek:

LMFAO!!

I'm only pissed because I love Kawasaki and they could have done so much better!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

this is not a sport UTV per-se, however it can be made into one. Kawasaki is focused on a VERY LARGE part of the market with this unit and that is the adventure seeking trail rider. With a few mods like suspension and performance it can easily be turned into a "sport" UTV. Just because Polaris and Arctic Cat introduce some sick sport UTV's doesn't mean thats the goal of every manufacturer out there.

While I would love and do really want Kawi to go big with motor and suspension I, like always see a new platform from any manufacturer as a good thing. One thing I learned today is all sales of power-sports are down for Kawi despite remaining #1 in the power-sports business when it comes to motorcycles and ATV's. BUT UTV sales are UP! And Kawasaki anticipates by next year that UTV sales will surpass ATV sales! So UTV's are going to remain a focus for Kawasaki. Hang tight.....

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv

I look forward to doing an eyeball on it, and yes it looks like it is made to compete with the "Crew" and similar rides!
Teryx 4 vs RZR 4 and Ranger Crew

$$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Teryx 4. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $RZR 4. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $RangerCrew. $
$$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
Front susp: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $7.8. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 12. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $9.6.$
Rear susp: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $8.3. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $12. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 9
Length: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 125.2. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 130. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 145.$
Width: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 62. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 60.5. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $60.$
Height: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 77. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $75. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 76
Wheel base: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $86.1. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 103. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 108. $
Ground clearance: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $10.8. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $11.5. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 11.5
Weight: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1624. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1255. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1495.$

Sent from my iPad

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv

Well that didnt turn out like i wanted, not sure why those $$$ signs are there. Should have just been spaces. Cant quite work this ipad yet.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

VIDEOS

2012 TERYX4® COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
Kawasaki Adventure Hunters

2012 TERYX4® NON-STOP AD SPOT

2012 TERYX4® ENGINE

2012 TERYX4® HANDLING

2012 TERYX4® SOLID CONSTRUCTION

2012 TERYX4® SPACIOUS CABIN

GO REID!!! For those who haven't met TEAM GREEN here on UTVUnderground, he is the guy in the shop explaining the Teryx 4!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j3YEwEAwFJM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this is the video I shot with my iPhone during the introduction this morning....HISTORY!!!

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA

I like it, but they missed the mark on wheel travel and shocks. The Teryx motor already pulls better than the RZR 800 motor so a 20% increase should still be able to beat a RZR even though the car weighs more.

RZR4's use dry weight at 1255lbs
Teryx4 is curb weight(wet) at 1624 lbs.

A RZR4 is going to be a min 1325 lbs. wet.

So the Teryx4 is about 300lbs heavier than the RZR4 which is about the same difference as a RZR-S and a Teryx.

I can tell you my Teryx with a pipe and clutch kit is faster in a drag race than a RZR-S with a pipe even though I am at least 500lbs heavier due to all the crap I've added. (stereo w two amps sub, suspension seats, lights, two 1200 batteries, stock wieght diff, pluss I am 250lbs. ect.)

I still think it has a great engine which IMO is way superior to that cow stuck in a fence that Popo uses.

It's $1000 cheaper than a RZR-4 but your going to need $1500 in shocks, it comes with doors so that saves a $1000 over the RZR-4.

I think its a wash between the two and people now have a choice of two evenly divided machines. If I had to make the choice today I would pick the Kawi. I think it will last many years more than the Polaris because it is built way more rugged.

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com

To me this machine is aimed at all the people putting 4-seat cages and seats in the bed of their Rhinos and Teryx's. The wheelbase is only about 8-10 inches longer than a Rhino or Rex, but now you get all 4 people in between the "axles".

It seemed most people were dissapointed when the RZR XP was only a 900, then people realized how efficient the power was.

I'm hoping this is the same with the T-4. With only a minimal power upgrade lets hope with the clutch design we'll get more "power" to the wheels. The main thing I wish for is more travel.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

I like it, but they missed the mark on wheel travel and shocks. The Teryx motor already pulls better than the RZR 800 motor so a 20% increase should still be able to beat a RZR even though the car weighs more.

So the Teryx4 is about 300lbs heavier than the RZR4 which is about the same difference as a RZR-S and a Teryx.

I can tell you my Teryx with a pipe and clutch kit is faster in a drag race than a RZR-S with a pipe even though I am at least 500lbs heavier due to all the crap I've added. (stereo w two amps sub, suspension seats, lights, two 1200 batteries, stock wieght diff, pluss I am 250lbs. ect.)

I still think it has a great engine which IMO is way superior to that cow stuck in a fence that Popo uses.

It's $1000 cheaper than a RZR-4 but your going to need $1500 in shocks, it comes with doors so that saves a $1000 over the RZR-4.

I think its a wash between the two and people now have a choice of two evenly divided machines. If I had to make the choice today I would pick the Kawi. I think it will last many years more than the Polaris because it is built way more rugged.

I would say stock for stock the "S" powered rzr4 will win on asphalt over the trex-4.

the plain 800 has much less power than the S.

seems to me that thay hit a decent mark, going against the Rgr Crew and possibly the canned ham 4 seater (here/coming?), I don't see them going to a "Sport" version yet, it took them 4 years to go up against the rhino:eek:

way to keep us informed again JoeyD. :D

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009

Going to take more than $1500 in replacement shocks....going to need a full kit with arms and axles to compete against a RZR4 in the whoops. You're looking at 4-5k easy.

Freeezen

Aug 21, 2009
Orange County, CA

To me this machine is aimed at all the people putting 4-seat cages and seats in the bed of their Rhinos and Teryx's. The wheelbase is only about 8-10 inches longer than a Rhino or Rex, but now you get all 4 people in between the "axles".

It seemed most people were dissapointed when the RZR XP was only a 900, then people realized how efficient the power was.

I'm hoping this is the same with the T-4. With only a minimal power upgrade lets hope with the clutch design we'll get more "power" to the wheels. The main thing I wish for is more travel.

I think you're right.

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA

I'm gonna have to disagree with most:eek: Although I'm a Polaris man, I beleive Kawi hit the mark with the T-4. It's got good bang for the buck and you have to admit that atleast the cage is better looking than any cage that PoPo has ever produced:D

Another key thing to remember from a business point of view is that those of us in the "Sport" side of the SXS market are small in numbers! In fact if you read Joey's write up on the new RZR 570, Polaris sells more RZR 800 50" models then all others put together:eek: So again from the business side of things, you have to appeal to the mass'es and we the "Sport" peeps are not in there! Good thing is that they do think about us, we're just not their first priority:rolleyes:

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com

I'm gonna have to disagree with most:eek: Although I'm a Polaris man, I beleive Kawi hit the mark with the T-4. It's got good bang for the buck and you have to admit that atleast the cage is better looking than any cage that PoPo has ever produced:D

Another key thing to remember from a business point of view is that those of us in the "Sport" side of the SXS market are small in numbers! In fact if you read Joey's write up on the new RZR 570, Polaris sells more RZR 800 50" models then all others put together:eek: So again from the business side of things, you have to appeal to the mass'es and we the "Sport" peeps are not in there! Good thing is that they do think about us, we're just not their first priority:rolleyes:
I AGREE, BUT IF THE TERYX 4 IS SUPPOSED TO COMPETE WITH THE RANGER CREW IT HAS AN AWEFULLY SMALL BED. MORE LIKE THE RZR 4.

fundad

Jun 17, 2010

Kawasaki missed the mark on this one. It's a tweener! To small to compete against the Ranger and to utility to compete with the RZR4. I was so excited to see this new machine before I proceeded with my teryx 4 build. Now I'm just excited about my design. Kawasaki basically made a seats in the bed 4 seater like everyone has been doing for quite some time. Not exciting!

ROTR

Rock Crawler
Mar 9, 2011
Utah
www.rallyontherocks.com

Kawasaki missed the mark on this one. It's a tweener! To small to compete against the Ranger and to utility to compete with the RZR4. I was so excited to see this new machine before I proceeded with my teryx 4 build. Now I'm just excited about my design. Kawasaki basically made a seats in the bed 4 seater like everyone has been doing for quite some time. Not exciting!

The major difference is now all passengers are in bewteen the axles. With a Muzzy, MSD and LT this thing will rock.
Aren't we doing most of these mods to our Teryx's anyways?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000