2011 Lake Elsinore Gp Official Thread! November 12th & 13th

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
will i need window nets if i have doors. sent multiple emails to the people running it and havent got a response. also was any able to get any clairification on the what cars can go in what class. thanx
if you are trying to pre register, and by reading under your avatar, you probably would want to sign up under superstock and as far as some window nets draw yourself out a template on some cardboard or big paper and shoot em off to prp. they'll knock em out for ya!

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
The rookie here still has tons of questions for you Vets out there:

1) Do I need a pit crew.

2) If so, can I back my cargo box into the pit area or is it more like bring an ez-up, chairs and some hand tools. My cargo box 22ft, is set up as a shop.

3) Radios. Does the event coordinator need to know what Freq my team is on.

My friends are all jazzed up about the race, so I have plenty of people to pit for me.

I'll have more questions as they pop into my head. Thanks for all your input fellas.
there hasnt ever been a actual designated pit style area, however where you camp over night works good especially if your trailer is like a mobile garage, and there is other spots near course where you might be able to have a few freinds with spares etc. and as far as radio it isnt required but would be cool to talk to a spotter in some sections..

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
HAS ANYONE POSTED THE RULES YET? LOTS OF PEOPLE INTERESTED IN RACING THIS YEAR. LOOKS LIKE UTV UNDERGROUND & SIDEXSIDES IN GENERAL WILL BE WELL REPRESENTED THIS YEAR. CHECK OUT MY THREAD OFFERING A FREE ENTRY FEE. JUST TELL ME WHY YOU SHOULD REPRESENT SLAIN BORDER PATROL OFFICER ROBERT W. ROSAS.

pay_tron4

Los Traviesos Racing
Aug 9, 2011
San Diego
BUt if i do race a bones stock rhino , what about a bone stock RZR 900 XP???? we would be in the same class even a rzr s would be too much for me to go up against

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
i think the xp's will be put in the super stock same as the rzrs due to the suspension and engine size. but like said above it is a endurance race keep it on all 4 and keep a good pace and you should do fine.

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
So , I want to race the stock class in a bones stock rhino....do you guys think I have a chance of being competative ???
i raced the adelanto gp in my rhino and took 3rd
it was brand new and it was the first time it saw dirt it was a blast!!..
the only thing you need to worry about is catching the racing bug.
cus once you get it you can kiss all your money good bye....lol

pay_tron4

Los Traviesos Racing
Aug 9, 2011
San Diego
i raced the adelanto gp in my rhino and took 3rd
it was brand new and it was the first time it saw dirt it was a blast!!..
the only thing you need to worry about is catching the racing bug.
cus once you get it you can kiss all your money good bye....lol
Yeah Already had it with my quad , I know how it feels/

TJWIZ

Double Tap Racing #803
Jul 30, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca.
www.facebook.com
@ Skunx: Good looking out on the info. I'll be pulling my cargo box behind my 32FT Motor home. I'll set up my pit crew right there.

@ Imcarraher I know what you mean about the race bug. I've already been working OT at my job to pay for the races LOL.

@ Everybody It looks like we're going to have a good turn out. It will be my first race. My objective is to at least finish the race LOL.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
@ Skunx: Good looking out on the info. I'll be pulling my cargo box behind my 32FT Motor home. I'll set up my pit crew right there.

@ Imcarraher I know what you mean about the race bug. I've already been working OT at my job to pay for the races LOL.

@ Everybody It looks like we're going to have a good turn out. It will be my first race. My objective is to at least finish the race LOL.
FINISHING IS A GREAT GOAL. IF YOU DON'T FINISH YOU CAN'T WIN. RACING IS A DISEASE BUT A FUN ONE. GOOD LUCK.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
Yeah Already had it with my quad , I know how it feels/
WHEN I RACED DESERT RACES ON MY 200 X 3 WHEELER. I FINISHED AHEAD OF A LOT OF HONDA 250Rs & KAWI TECATE 250s BECAUSE I FINISHED & THEY DIDN'T. JUST RACE YOUR OWN PACE & DON'T DRIVE OVER YOUR HEAD. YOU SHOULD HAVE FUN & YOU WILL FIGUIRE OUT REAL QUICK WHAT MODS YOU WANT & NEED TO MAKE ON YOUR RHINO. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN.

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
WHEN I RACED DESERT RACES ON MY 200 X 3 WHEELER. I FINISHED AHEAD OF A LOT OF HONDA 250Rs & KAWI TECATE 250s BECAUSE I FINISHED & THEY DIDN'T. JUST RACE YOUR OWN PACE & DON'T DRIVE OVER YOUR HEAD. YOU SHOULD HAVE FUN & YOU WILL FIGUIRE OUT REAL QUICK WHAT MODS YOU WANT & NEED TO MAKE ON YOUR RHINO. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN.
lmao..your really showing your age...dd

TJWIZ

Double Tap Racing #803
Jul 30, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca.
www.facebook.com
I went to Chapperell yesterday to look at tires and rims for my RZR. I told the guy behind the counter (tire Dept) that I was going to start racing and I needed some tires and rims, what do you suggest and he stated " I know about motor cycles and quads, but I don't know anything about UTV's." Needless to say, he wasn't much help.

I saw the ITP 27x11rx12 that were on a RZR900 and Big Horn Maxxis AT 26x12rx12 on another UTV. Which one should I get? I'm not trying to break my bank, but I want something decent. FYI, I have wheel spacers (1 1/2" front & 2" back and a 3" lift).

Besides Chapperell, Where else in the Riverside/San Bernadino can I buy my tires and rims at a good price?

lmcarraher

Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
I went to Chapperell yesterday to look at tires and rims for my RZR. I told the guy behind the counter (tire Dept) that I was going to start racing and I needed some tires and rims, what do you suggest and he stated " I know about motor cycles and quads, but I don't know anything about UTV's." Needless to say, he wasn't much help.

I saw the ITP 27x11rx12 that were on a RZR900 and Big Horn Maxxis AT 26x12rx12 on another UTV. Which one should I get? I'm not trying to break my bank, but I want something decent. FYI, I have wheel spacers (1 1/2" front & 2" back and a 3" lift).

Besides Chapperell, Where else in the Riverside/San Bernadino can I buy my tires and rims at a good price?
GO TO WWW.ROCKYMOUNTAINATVMC.COM THEY HAVE A HUGE SELECTION GREAT PRICES AND FAST FREE SHIPPING YOU CAN CALL THEM AND THEY WILL HELP YOU OUT WHEN I GOT MY TIRES FROM THEM I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM FOR OVER 45 MINUTES AND THEY WERE HAPPY TO ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

Since I have to pay for our wheels I am unbiased.
We run DWT Diablo's True Bead locks.
Light, strong, super tough. We use them on my sons SR1 at LOORRS, he has rolled and taken some hard wheel to wheel hits that folded our last set, the Diablos are unfazed, super tough wheels.

We buy them through Black Rhino Performance, they are forum supporter here so call Jason and give him a shot. Tell him you're from the Underground, they have tires too BTW.

Last edited:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Race the stock rhino it's a blast! Doug,great report on the DWT diablos.
Bring spares tires just in case you get a flat tire , . Stock rzr rims and tires are the best on the front and beadlock wheels with some 25.5 Pitbull Tires in the back.
Make sure you pre register and save some money NOW.

We may have a record UTV race!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000