2011 Lake Elsinore Gp Official Thread! November 12th & 13th

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rules

SAFETY

Your safety is our number one concern! Please obey course markings as listed below:
■GREEN FLAG - Start of Race
■YELLOW FLAG - Caution Do Not Pass
■RED CROSS FLAG - Medical Emergency Ahead
■RED FLAG - Stop, Race Ended
■BLACK FLAG - Stop, Report to Podium Productions Official
■WHITE FLAG - One Lap Remaining
■CHECKERED FLAG - Race Finish

Please do not pre-run the course, violators will be ticketed by local authorities. Daytime speciation will be allowed around the course but must be cleaned up and moved back to the stadium after the race that day. Please help us maintain a clean environment; trash bags will be available at registration to aid in this effort. This event takes months of planning, hard work, and dedication from promoters, city officials and volunteers to make it a success. Please as a racer or a spectator respect the rules; this historical event is designed to bring families, friends and athletes together to enjoy a sport unlike any other.

You will be subject to DISQUALIFICATION if you cut the course. We will have checkpoints throughout the course with spotters and their word goes. Also, if you see an accident or rider down please report it to the nearest checkpoint immediately. You will NOT be SCORED if you do not have the correct numbers on all three sides of your vehicle with white background and big black numbers.

COURSE MARKERS

Arrows pointing Left, Right, Straight Ahead, Down, Slow Danger Ahead will be placed around the course for any potential hazards. Even if you do not see an arrow, we advise you to be alert on the first lap of your race. Arrows can be destroyed throughout the day and it is up to you to race with caution.

If you have trouble during your race, do not stay on the course. We need you to immediately move your race vehicle off of the track, before dealing with your difficulty. If at any time you need to stop, you must move off the track as quickly as possible. This is extremely important and is to assure both your safety and the safety of others. There will be "sweeps" with radios riding the course continually and they will assist you as soon as possible. There will be medics with radios on the course at all times. If necessary, there will be sweep vehicles to pick up you and your race vehicle after each race. Do not leave your race vehicle unattended. Podium Productions is not responsible for your race vehicle. Storm Entertainment and Podium Productions does not provide you any medical insurance. You are solely responsible for all medical insurance/expenses.

Anyone found consuming an excessive amount of alcohol will be asked to leave the event. Any rider found consuming ANY alcohol or any drug will not be allowed to compete.

All race vehicles must be pushed to and from the pit area. Failure to comply may result in disqualification from the meet and/or suspension.

Anyone participating on the course without first being entered for the meet will be subject to disqualification and/or suspension.

Rider or riders entering the course at any point other than the starting area for or during a race or practice session, is subject to disqualification from the days events.

The Podium Productions Steward shall exclude immediately any rider who, in his or her opinion, is guilty of any foul, unfair or dangerous riding.

During a race event, a machine must not acquire any velocity other than from its own mode of power, the muscular efforts of its rider, and natural causes, such as gravity.

No transfer of entries is to be made, unless Podium Productions is notified and approves. If a pre-entered rider cannot attend an event he must notify Podium Productions and make arrangements for refund or transfer of his entry.

In order to be properly entered, a participant must complete an online official entry form at XTRM Performance Network . When you arrive at the event, you MUST come sign out your transponder and sign the liability waiver. A parent or legal guardian must accompany all Minors at registration.

The promoters or stewards of any Podium Productions sanctioned event may refuse the entry of any rider or entrant.

PIT AREAS

Pit area must be kept clean. All trash must be removed from the area.
NO PIT RIDING AT ANY TIME.

MACHINE & EQUIPMENT EXAMINATION

All machine and equipment examinations will be conducted by technical inspectors supplied by the event site. If, in the technical inspector’s opinion, a machine or rider’s protective clothing is deemed to be unsafe, he will not be allowed to compete although he may meet all written requirements.

PROTECTIVE CLOTHING

All clothing may be examined and approved with each rider’s machine at technical inspection. Protective clothing as listed below must be worn at all times while practicing or during any race. Failure to observe these rules will lead to exclusion from the event. Safety is the number one concern in the inspection of racing clothing.

All riders must wear full coverage clothing of close fitting design made of material suited as to provide adequate protection to the rider.

Riders must wear helmets at all times during the course of the events. Helmets must meet current D.O.T. & Snell approval and be in fresh condition.

All riders must wear leather boots extending far enough up the leg so as no gap occurs between boots and the bottom of the pant leg when in any riding position. Boots must also offer adequate ankle support and shin protection.

Eye protection must be worn at all times and must be shatter/splinter proof material. If vision becomes blocked or in any way impaired it is the riders responsibility to correct the problem before starting or continuing any event. Gloves and shoulder pads are recommended for additional protection.

ON RACE DAY

Racers:

You will push your bike or vehicle to the staging area 30 minutes before your assigned race. Please double-check your start time(s) to assure that you don't miss your race(s). If you miss a race, you are responsible and will not receive a refund! When you report to the staging area be race ready! Have all safety gear, transponder correctly placed and mandatory staging wristbands ready, race schedules may vary throughout the day and we will not wait for late riders. Riders you are responsible for your pits being locked up before you get to the line, the Storm Stadium and Podium Productions are not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Riders you are also responsible for your pit crew, if a member of your crew does not obey the rules he or she will be asked to leave and may result in disqualification of your entry with no refund.

Spectators:

You may wait with your rider in staging, but when the riders are instructed to move to the starting line you must exit to the designated spectator area. If you do not obey the rules or display rude or inappropriate public behavior you will be asked to leave or be taken into police custody, your actions may result in disqualification of your supported racer. Remember this is a family friendly event please keep it clean!

The "Harvey Mushman" Pro Purse Race will be held Sunday at 1:00pm. The name Harvey Mushman is in tribute to the late Steve McQueen who made the Elsinore Grand Prix so famous. Steve McQueen raced under the name Harvey Mushman in the 70’s. This will be a 100-mile race and will be the only race event that will require pit stops. The pit area is in front of the Storm Stadium spectator area. The Harvey Mushman Pit area will be explained to the race participants prior to their race. The Harvey Mushman race provides a draw for the top forty pre-selected racers. These top forty racers will draw a number at the start for their starting position. This race is for riders 16 years of age and up. Riders ages 16-18 must show proof of age at sign up. No quads or any four-wheel vehicle will be allowed in the Mushman race. This race is for bikes 125cc and above. No Mini's are allowed.

In all events, every rider who takes the checkered flag will receive a finisher pin. The top 20% in each class will receive a commemorative plaque. The plaques for all classes will be awarded on race day at the registration booth. Allow time for the race to be scored then please pick-up your plaque before leaving the event.
© 2011 Lake Elsinore Grand Prix. All Rights Reserved.
Resen

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
It says stock super stock and unlimited class but no description of what each class requirements

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Non LOORRS weekend for once.

We'll be there!

This was Codys first UTV race. Hard to believe its been 4 years already.

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Hope to see a ton of SR1's and Unlimited UTV's from LOORRS. Im thinking there bill be 40+ UTV's this year!

DnF736 good to hear Code will be making his way to The LEGP!

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Re: Lake Elsinore GP 2011

Last year they were making people put on any type of netting for window nets.I will talk to them to see what the classes represent and see if we can do it like the worcs series now with all these big HP stock utvs.
Rhino class would be sweet!!!

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
Re: Lake Elsinore GP 2011

Rules are super standard, if you have nets and a helmet you can pretty much race and the xp cars will probably be in the mod class just because. The displacement.. With that being said I pre entered on Friday and can't wait for the gp..

dascdude

Apr 30, 2011
Temecula, CA
I entered and it is my first race. I looked at photos and looked like I will be fine with RZR S. I have installed Crow Belts and have a fire extinguisher. I entered stock because machine is stock except for safety equipment. I looked all over for more rules but I could not find anything. The guy posting things for the GP keeps putting out same thing which has no details for UTV classes. Question for racers-- I have seen number plates with brackets for UTV's in race photos, where can I find one? Are they just a number plate with some clamps or is someone making a particular plate that hooks up to the roll cage? Should I just get some plates and zip tie them? Thanks for any help, my first time trying this, might get the bug!

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
I entered and it is my first race. I looked at photos and looked like I will be fine with RZR S. I have installed Crow Belts and have a fire extinguisher. I entered stock because machine is stock except for safety equipment. I looked all over for more rules but I could not find anything. The guy posting things for the GP keeps putting out same thing which has no details for UTV classes. Question for racers-- I have seen number plates with brackets for UTV's in race photos, where can I find one? Are they just a number plate with some clamps or is someone making a particular plate that hooks up to the roll cage? Should I just get some plates and zip tie them? Thanks for any help, my first time trying this, might get the bug!
we usually make them from aluminium sheet. you can just zip tie them

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
THIS SHOULD BE THE BIGGEST & BEST LEGP SINCE THE HAY DAYS OF ON ANY SUNDAY. KEEP POSTED HERE WE WILL BE HAVING A CONTEST FOR A FREE ENTRY FEE. CODE WAS SO LITTLE. THAT WAS THE SAME YEAR HE STARTED RACING M4SX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000