2011 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Info **UPDATED w/ Pics**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l89_Q_DCZsQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l89_Q_DCZsQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
That Terribles suit is a collectors item! I'm displaying it on a mannequin in my office soon. 13 years helping them in the desert and that is the coolest piece of memorabilia that I have. My next goal is a Rob Mac Mastercraft suit, then I want the Joey D signature series!

Team Green

Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
Austin,

There is a set of rules on the KOH web page for UTV's. Basically any engine mod and suspension mod, Saftey is the big key. Non modified stock fuel tank or Fuel cell, Saftery harness, nets, roof.

Sorry I don't have exact details but I say you go for it. If you plan to race your short course car you might want to reconsider as they are too low and too wide and you can't see out of them well.

good luck!

Austin Kimbrell

Monster Energy Kawasaki - UTVUnderground Team Driv
Jan 27, 2009
Arizona ASU
it wouldnt be in my race teryx hahah i wish tho so it can be a stock fuel tank?? like it can stay were it is on a stock teryx? or i would have to change something there?

and what about doors i see some cars last year didnt have doors they just have a big window net ?????

Team Green

Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
It will be open for pre running on Sunday after sign up. It will be marked well but because some of the course is shared with the big cars there are intersections where UTV's go one way and the big cars go another. If you pre run with someone first then you can do it with out a GPS but Jeff (promoter ) reccomends one.

Stock fuel tanks are legal. Modified cars are nice but I did it in basically a stocker in a very good time when we were laying out the course. An in shape spotter and a winch for emergencies is a plus!

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Hammerking Productions Inc.

UTV Addendum to Rulebook (ver. 1.0.8)
22.2:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Special rules concerning UTV classes for Hammerking Productions.
Rules Apply in their entirety with the following exceptions, please review all Hammerking Productions rules regarding general safety, Protocol, and event rules and regulations 1.0-22.0. In addition Hammerking Appendix A is to be used in cooperation with the following exceptions.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2A:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]All vehicles are to be modified and readily available manufactured for sale UTV’s to the general market. Special construction vehicles are not to be considered for racing in the UTV events. Special Construction Vehicles may consider entry into the King of the Hammers and related series, but do not fall under this addendum. Engines are to be of the type offered for sale from the manufacture and located in the stock location, and configuration.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2B:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Engine modifications are unlimited, Superchargers, or Turbo chargers are not permitted.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2C:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Fuel systems shall be complete and unmodified OEM or fuel cell configuration only. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ref. Rulebook V.1.0.8 sec 17.0 [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]for modified fuel system requirements.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Safety equipment shall reference section 19.0 except as follows

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.1:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Stock UTV floorboards are acceptable

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.2:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Stock UTV seats are not approved

<DIR><DIR>
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.3:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Doors must have 'X', 'A' or Ladder design bracing in door area. Doors that latch and/or open and close are not allowed. Doors must be pinned shut with secondary latch system.

</DIR></DIR>
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.4:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]All UTV vehicles must utilize the stock chassis configuration and maintain stock appearance. The chassis may be modified for durability and strength but must retain the stock width, length, and configuration. All body parts must remain on the vehicle (accidental damage excluded) during the entire length of race. The roof must be covered with sheet metal or aluminum.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.5:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Fuel Filler Splashgaurd Required; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ref. Rulebook V.1.0.8. sec 17.10[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. The intent of the splashguard is to keep fuel from being splashed on the driver and passenger when the UTV is being refueled. Splashguards must surround the fuel filling area in such a way that it provides protection from fuel spilling onto the driver and passenger when inserting and removing the fuel filler spout.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.6:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Firewalls; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ref. Rulebook V.1.0.8. sec 20.3[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. Stock UTV engine covers meets the engine firewall requirement for the UTV class. However a fuel container firewall separator is still necessary.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.7:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Roll cages; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ref. Rulebook V.1.0.8. sec 19.1[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]. Roll cages must meet the requirements of Section 19.1 with the exception of mounting hardware. Min 3/8" grade 8 hardware must be used on UTV roll cage mounting hardware

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
22.2D.8:
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Window Nets; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ref. Rulebook V.1.0.8 sec 19.22.

[/FONT][/FONT]22.2E: [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Tire size is unlimited
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000