Kawasaki 2011 Kawasaki Teryx Project

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Looks awesome Jon! If all you have to trim is plastic, that sure makes things easy for getting them to fit up!

Last edited:

Team Green

Reid Nordin - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 30, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.WalkerEvansEnt.com
I just noticed on mine with the 28" BFG's that they are touching the frame just slightly where the hood plastic meets the side plastic. It must be at full bump that it is happening. I'm not too worried about it though.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Just spent two days on the Rubicon Trail and I love my Teryx! Installed the Muzzys 916cc big bore last week and made some minor adjustments to the clutch. After "testing" it for about 10 miles running back and forth in the neighborhood, I hit the trail. Absolutely no issues.

On day one, we did a proof of concept for an idea I have been stewing on - Rubicon Trail UTV Challenge. Basically cover almost all of the trail in both directions in one day. We left Loon Lake at about 8:30 and almost made it up Cadillac Hill before a big traffic jam descended on us from the Tahoe side. They were moving SLOW coming down hill so we cut our losses and headed back.

On the way in, we made a stop at the Little Sluice to check it out. After walking it, I decided to give it a shot. There is one short bypass that most 4x4's take and I did as well because I didn't see anyway other than winching and the bypass wasn't that easy anyways.

Day two we headed back in from Loon to Ellis Creek, then back down to Wentworth Springs campground. There is one big obstacle on this route called the Post Pile. We went down no problem, and two of us made it back up without assistance as well. There were some Toyota crawlers in front and behind us and we made it through much easier. I think they were pissed. :D

The power of the Muzzys 916 really helped spin the big 31" Pit Bull Growler LTs and I was real happy with the water temps thanks to my CBR radiator.

Little Sluice

Post Pile

More pictures and video: Rubicon Trail Report.

I'll post up more about the Rubicon challenge after Joey and I talk. But anyone that has a UTV and like rock crawling should gear up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000