Kawasaki 2011 Kawasaki Teryx Project

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

More pictures and video: Rubicon Trail Report.

I am embarking on a 2011 Kawasaki Teryx project thanks for Monster Energy and Kawasaki Team Green.

My plans are to make this a full-tilt play car with focus on suspension, performance and weight savings. I will be featuring the project at 2011 Kawasaki Teryx Buildup Project - UTV Guide and trying to keep this post updated with the details too. I plan to have the car on display in our booth at the Sand Sports Super Show.

First up is suspension. I have chosen to do a LSR +5" XTR-F kit with Fox shocks. This kit features shock towers front and rear to stuff Fox 8.5" shocks up front and 10" shocks in the rear, both with position sensitive dampning. Also doing a LSR aluminum bed delete to shave off some weight. I plan to have a cage built that ties into the rear shock towers for extra durability.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoYRSPmdwA"]YouTube - ‪Fox Racing Shox 2.0 Position-Sensitive Side x Side Shock‬‏[/ame]

Lonestar Racing - LSR +5" XTR-F Long Travel
FOX RACING SHOX - Fox 2.0 Position Sensitive Shocks with DSC

Last edited by a moderator:

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net

Our first installed upgrade on the new Teryx is a set of 26.5" Pit Bull Rocker tires mounted on 14" DFR Baja Crippler Wheels. Love the blacked out look.

Long travel parts are almost all here. Should get that installed next week along with a Black Rhino Performance Gauge Pod, Muzzys exhaust and Dalton clutch kit and overdrive cover.

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
This is a sweet project I can't wait for the updates. Love the suspension but my 2 pit bulls wouldn't be happy at all lol.

FBT

Very cool Jon, I'll be following this one too. I really like that suspension setup, but use the Rex as a chugger alot with the granddaughter strapped in back there so I cannot give up the space.
Until she gets to be old enough for her own set of wheels...

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
The Fox XTR-F kit and Fox shocks are installed!

Also got the Dalton clutch kit and overdrive cover installed.

Unfortunately, no time to ride it yet... Dropped it off at Roggy Enterprises for the roll cage work. Bob is going to tie the cage in with the rear shock tower for a little more strength. Got the cage bungs at Funco.

Got a few more parts in....
Muzzys Pro exhaust. Headers are getting ceramic coated.
Power steering from Wicked Bilt (aka Unisteer).
Fuel seats and harness from Beard.
Gauges and gauge pod from Black Rhino Performance.
Quick release steering wheel adapater, seat bases and air filter from UTV Inc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000