2011 BITD Vegas 2 Reno LIVE COVERAGE UPDATES - Information & News

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I think Jagged X was 3 minutes behind on corrected time. These guys pretty much live and think corrected time when racing, otherwise you might end up pushing it too hard to pass a guy that doesn't matter. That's what wiped out Michael Lansky at the Baja 500. Smart and smooth wins these races...

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Hate to say it, but it looks like it's a race between 2 RZRs and a Teryx now. Cory S. did get his car going, but he's over 170 miles behind the leader (more than a 4 hour difference).

Lots of carnage along the way, many 1500 cars down.

I'm also rooting for Bj Baldwin in the #1 TT. He's kicking some serious butt. Also, get a shot at that Kyle Conlon in the 1582 car, he's hauling a%$....
Yeah I think your right....that 1582 car is way out!!!! Has anyone heard anything about that ???

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
looks like both are stopped
Yeah, I imagine they are done for the day, 1911 is stopped at RM130 and 1913 at RM108.
At this point, even if they get rolling again, they most likely will time out and the mountains ahead (east and northeast of Mina) aren't fun to navigate when you are tired and middle of the night...

But they were doing respectable until they did stop. The 1911 car at one point was holding 6th (out of 14).

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Does anyone know how the John Deere utvs are doing? 1911-Martinez and 1913-Hand
Joyce, tell the 1911 guys/team I'm proud of their effort. I'm a John Deere dealer in NM. Gators are a big part of my business. Even though I'm an Arctic Cat racer, I love those Deeres. Can't wait to see the new sport model if it comes out. I may have to start running one of those too...

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Kyle Conlon in the 1582 is running way in excess of 100mph on the fireroads north of Coaldale Junction... I think someone needs to check him for his FAA Pilot's license...

JaggedXGroupie

Aug 19, 2011
New Jagged X tweet...
Thank you Darryl for posting updates on the JaggedX team! I'm the acting liaison for them and their Twitter/FB posts. Keeping up is crazy! In regards to the IRC crapper tracker, they were having issues with it last night when IRC installed it but they swore it was working and wouldn't replace it. They even fiddled with it some more prior to leaving the start line. :mad:

GATOR GIRL

John Deere GATOR
Feb 7, 2011
California
Joyce, tell the 1911 guys/team I'm proud of their effort. I'm a John Deere dealer in NM. Gators are a big part of my business. Even though I'm an Arctic Cat racer, I love those Deeres. Can't wait to see the new sport model if it comes out. I may have to start running one of those too...
I will let the rest of the team. I'm part of the 1911 crew, just got left behind for non-race reasons.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Thank you Darryl for posting updates on the JaggedX team! I'm the acting liaison for them and their Twitter/FB posts. Keeping up is crazy! In regards to the IRC crapper tracker, they were having issues with it last night when IRC installed it but they swore it was working and wouldn't replace it. They even fiddled with it some more prior to leaving the start line. :mad:
No problem Monica, if I can't be out there banging fenders with them, I have to root for them and others. I like Jagged's folks even though I'm not Polaris runner.

Sorry to hear about the tracker, I really wished BITD would find something besides IRC. Their equipment costs more than it should I feel and all too often these problems crop up. I just hope that BITD has their manual timing working good...
Oh, I hope they don't mind me posting their photos here, these guys here are family to JX

JaggedXGroupie

Aug 19, 2011
No problem Monica, if I can't be out there banging fenders with them, I have to root for them and others. I like Jagged's folks even though I'm not Polaris runner.

Sorry to hear about the tracker, I really wished BITD would find something besides IRC. Their equipment costs more than it should I feel and all too often these problems crop up. I just hope that BITD has their manual timing working good...
Oh, I hope they don't mind me posting their photos here, these guys here are family to JX
No issues at all posting the pics! We appreciate you helping to get the word out! :) I hear you on IRC, they're equally disappointing as they are reliable.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I can't believe the 1582 hasn't caught the lead UTVs yet!!
Probably somewhere right before pit 11 they should. These UTV's are alot faster than they were a few years ago. 1932 Parks is averaging 37.89mph. 3 Years ago, UTV's averaged only about 29mph or less. That makes a big difference in 500+ miles..

JaggedXGroupie

Aug 19, 2011
I can't believe the 1582 hasn't caught the lead UTVs yet!!
I'm guessing it's because the 1932 & 1919 are in the 900 XP's this year. They're so much faster and handle better than the Rzr's. :)

LOL, @Darryl, looks like we posted basically the same thought at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000