2011 BITD Bilek Silver State 300 - Pics / Updates / Information

SiltSifter

May 1, 2011
Those are some really good pictures.

I finaly got to see a race in person, It was really cool!

Hard to get to any good racing action, but seeing the cars, trucks and UTV's in contigency made the trip worth while.

Bud

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
Huge congrats to Matt on the win!!! We are really happy with how everything turned out as we literally finished the details on the car at 1am the morning of the race.....zero test time, zero run time, etc. The car ran flawlessly except for one torn cv boot that required us to strip an axle off of Blake's personal XP:D, one flat tire for the BFG's (we then increased tire pressure to avoid any more issues...we were pretty much shooting from the hip on our new and untested wheel/tire package), and no brakes or gps whatsoever for the last 80 miles.
We definately need to sort the brakes and do a couple of suspension changes before Parker, but we're looking forward to continually improving the package. Once again, congrats to Matt on a great race and congrats to all the finishers!
Mike
Damn impressive Mike. You guys should be proud.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Huge congrats to Matt on the win!!! We are really happy with how everything turned out as we literally finished the details on the car at 1am the morning of the race.....zero test time, zero run time, etc. The car ran flawlessly except for one torn cv boot that required us to strip an axle off of Blake's personal XP:D, one flat tire for the BFG's (we then increased tire pressure to avoid any more issues...we were pretty much shooting from the hip on our new and untested wheel/tire package), and no brakes or gps whatsoever for the last 80 miles.
We definately need to sort the brakes and do a couple of suspension changes before Parker, but we're looking forward to continually improving the package. Once again, congrats to Matt on a great race and congrats to all the finishers!
Mike
Thanks for the nice words Mike and everyone else! Just got home and I am toast. We had a great race day with lots of drama...at pit 5 our crew (B Team) decided to go and have lunch instead of dumping fuel and checking the car (but all was good thanks to JX BS)...20 miles from pit #6 we had a flat/wasted wheel...and finally we had an epic battle with JX to the finish. The Baja Bobsled is so much fun to drive and can't stand it. Mark Holz, who built the Bobsled was supposed to drive the second half, but the pit S.N.A.F.U. prevented him from the opportunity. Sorry Mark. So the MP/MH team won by 14 seconds. Woot...woot! :) I think we were 66th overall out of 215 entries including 54 Trophy Trucks and Class 1 cars. Polaris (Team USA) had a good day with a RZR 4 in P1 and a XP 900 in P2!

All I can say is, if you have any competitive spirit, come racing with us...as you will have the time of your life.

MP

odtodd1az

Apr 30, 2009
Glendale AZ
Congratulatioins Matt!! That win is fantastic. 15 seconds is pretty darn close. We wish we could've been there with you. I guess the extra prep we did may have paid a divedend. Great job to Jagged, your machine is going to make the rest of the season a challenge to the rest of us.

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 9, 2009
Congrats on the win Matt and to all the finishers! We were leaving and heard the Murreys were out of fuel about 2 miles from the finish.

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 9, 2009
Thanks for the great pics Joey! Is there a better shot of the unofficial results?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
For the record, Jagged X was just giving the Commander a tow home for Cory........

Again great work to everyone!!!! I had so much fun out there taking pics and covering the event. I could not of done it without the help of the lasher motorsports team and Randy "Lead Dog" Clary who let me turn his chase rig into a mobile command center for UTVUnderground!!!

I have tons of awesome contingency shots still to post and some other stuff. I do apologize to the cars I did not get pictures of on track. Due to me trying to make sure I got leaders at the finish line I had to keep moving a long to keep pace. I will try to see if any of our photog friends got any pics for us to share!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Guys I got to share this..........

So we are at the start line and I am walking up and down all the 16 or 17 cars that are staging to line up. I am snapping pics, shaking hands, and wishing good lucks. I then see Cory and Murray getting their cars ready so I walk over and Murray is running around franticlly finishing assembling the car. He looks at me and says "dude I have been up for 3 days strait!" lol I am like woah, Murray is seriously pinging right now, you could see it in his eyes. 2 other guys are doing stuff to the car, one is making a section of side panel out of poster paper and duct tape...lol Poor guys are doing whatever it takes to start. Then Murray tells me he rode in Cory's toy hauler all the way from Arizona to the start line and that is where they put the car together...lol......These guys are dedicated!!!!!

I never saw Murray go off the line but he did eventually make a late start and finish. So congrats to him! I hope now he can get the car finished and dialed so he can go on to compete the rest of the season in his new Commander!

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
All I can say is "WoW"...finally home.... two trailers sitting in the driveway stuffed to the limit with cars, parts and tons of misc.. What a great weekend..we added a lot of extra stress by rolling the car at 60+ on thursday while doing the first 45 min of testing of the car (we finished it Thursday mid-day) but thanks to some of my great Sponsors (Turnkey UTV overnight-ed new suspension parts to Vegas) as we took it up there on 3 wheels..and H-Town allowed us to use their shop in Henderson to put it all back to together- my team mates killed themselves to get us to the starting line...to the point that my co-driver never did go to bed Friday night...and got so exhausted that he had to get out of the car at the 1st pit stop - that's dedication!

This was my second race in a UTV and first in the Commander...I really enjoyed meeting many of the other UTV teams- what great group of people- we are really excited about participating in these races and hanging out with you all- more later...thanks Joey for the great pics and making us feel so welcomed!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
does anybody know what happen to sappinton and murray in there can ams.
I saw him down at about mile 40 on the IRC tracking,Once he got going again he appeared to be moving at a good clip before going down again maybe around mm 150.

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
Desert Toyz Murray Race Team pulled a rabbit out of our hat. Still can't belive we made it to the start line. Cory lost 2 drive belts 1 at mile 38 and 1 at mile 220. Murrays ran out of gas at mile 292. Both Commanders finished with no other problems. I think 9th and 10th. Race story will be posted soon. Any pics of 1904 or 1917 out there?

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
1915 Update

Well, Weller built a great motor for the race. We got the car to the start and at mile 15 we blew a drive belt. I am a really lucky guy. When the belt went it took out part of the fuel line. We had extra fuel line and a new belt so about 45 min later we were back at it.

The car worked perfect and shortly after pit 1 we hit a HUGE rock with the side of the right front wheel. It ripped through the sidewall of an 8 ply tire. We were saved by the tire balls as the car continued to handle perfect and at pit 2 we chanced the tire and added fuel. We also changed co drivers.

Things went great as we passed pit 3 other than the front 1/3 of our skid plate ripped off. On to pit 4 as we passed more cars. I got out of the car and my brother got in with another national chamion rally car dirver as the co-pilot. It was about 12:00. About 15 miles from pit 4 my brother said the brakes were fading. At around mile marker 178 they blew a high speed corner, went down an embankment, and rolled the car. It was quickly back on it's wheels with only cosmetic damage to the the roof above the driver and the hood. After calling on the sat tracker and trying the radio for a while, the battery would not start the car. They waited till 7:00pm to get a jump start. We went to the check at mile 182 with the trailer as we were informed that the car would need a recovery. At that point, we saw the car flying down the course and they wanted to keep going. We fixed a window net, added fuel, and off they went. At mile 268 or about 5 miles from pit 6 a set screw on the steering shaft loostened up and they stopped to check it out. With the headlights running the stator could not charge the battery and they ended up stranded 5 miles from pit 6. BITD brought them in and sunday morning we went out and brought the car back in.

The motor ran great the whole time. The 840 pulls so hard. We could only go about 73mph which is less than I had hoped. We have a leaky break line fitting by the master cylnder and some set screws on the steering to tighten up. The car is fast and worked great.

Time for a complete tear down so we can check everything out. Great race everyone and I should have in car video in about a week. My cameras went to california with my Dad. I think we even got the roll over.

Congrats to everyone that finished.

Last edited:

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
You guys were hooked up when you were moving...I know you caught and passed us very quickly...and then saw the car off the road where it had rolled...

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
You guys were hooked up when you were moving...I know you caught and passed us very quickly...and then saw the car off the road where it had rolled...
The important part of that comment is "when you were moving". The IRC website shows us as fast or faster on the parts where we were not stopped for hours at a time. New car and we had new car issues. Time to prep for the VTR!!

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
Hey rupert14 were you running a belt cover? a belt cover is an absolute must in desert racing, especially where the belt is on a kawie. You will get lots of small nicks in the sheaves from little rocks going thru the tunnel, it will really start eating up belts with any little nicks. When we were done VtoR last year and dropped the belly pan we were able to fill a 5 gallon bucket with rocks. It was bizarre, we had golf ball and even a baseball size rock inside the passenger compartment and had no idea how it got there.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
We run an aluminum shield but not a belt cover on Nessy.We have never blown a belt but did do a scheduled belt change in the 1000.The belt looked fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000