1950 Sean Lindburg YAM
1904 Cory Sappington YAM DNF
1949 Rick Hall --- DNF
1992 William Morris POL DNF
1994 Joseph Leeper SR1 DNF
1990 Peter Nueman --- DNF
1910 Ricky Leard POL DNF
1993 Robert Milligan --- DNF

Click for official lap times:http://bitd.com/images/stories/pdfs/BW_Desert_Challenge/BlueWater_Race1.pdf

Congrats to UTVUnderground.com Team Driver Matt Parks in his brand new Polaris RZR4 for coming out in his first race of 2010 and putting on a desert racing clinic. The course was fun but it was harsh and dusty, especially on day 2. Mike Lasher and I started the race on day 1 in the second row, position 4 and by RM 5 we were running in 2nd position. We never even once saw Parks, he was checking out and checked out quickly. We worked our way around numerous Jeep-Speed competitors before pushing wide into a turn and allowing the 1938 of Brian Thomas to get by us. We raced the 1938 for about 20 minutes before the dust became to thick to keep up. Going into Lap 2 on Day 1 we worked our way through the "python" part of the course and then felt a tap in the rear bumper. I look in the mirror and the 1937 Kawasaki Teryx of Jerome Vinago was staring right at us. They really were coming in hot but instead of moving over Mike jumped on the gas and never looked back. We "rabbited" away forcing them to deal with a one lane track and a lot of silty dust. We finished the day in 3rd position physical and 5th on corrected time. Our good friends and UTVUnderground Team Members Kevin and Jessi Kohrell in the Custom Creations 1931 Kawasaki Teryx finished around 30sec. ahead of us on time to land in the 4th position.

Saturdays Results lined up as follows:

1. Matt Parks RZR4 1932(pro)
2. Brian Thomas RZR 1938(pro)
3. Jerome Vinago RZR 1937(pro)
4. Kevin Kohrell KAW 1931(pro)
5. Mike Lasher KAW 1924(pro)
6. Brandon Schueler RZR 1919(pro)
7. Cory Sappington YAM 1904(pro)
8. Jason Murray YAM 1917(pro)
9. Jeff Fumell RZR 1929(pro)
10. Yancey Reynolds RZR 1943(pro)
11. Sean Lindberg YAM 1950(pro)
12. George Gardner RZR 1994(sportsman)
13. Rick Hall YAM 1949(pro)
14. Renee Hudson KAW 1989(sportsman)
15. Tom Thorvik RZR 1992(sportsman)

Sunday had us (1924 Monster Energy/Lasher Motorsports Kawasaki Teryx) lined up next to Jagged X in the 3rd row. Wally and Paul (ZTFab) were in the car for day 2 as Mike and I manned the hot pits and tracked the race. The guys got a great start and jumped out in front of the 1919 Jagged X RZR. Wally was running a solid pace coming into the hot pits. He was only about 4 minutes or so off the leaders pace. The dust was heavy and the ruts were gnarly considering the Trick (Trophy) Trucks and 1500 (Class1) cars had all raced the evening before which just destroyed the course. As Wally came ripping through the pits we called out his position and it wasn't more than a minute later while trying to pass a Jeep-Speed that we hear our guys come over the radio and report that they had rolled over a berm. GoPro video shows that they rolled the car about 2 1/2 times before coming to a rest on the driver side panel. After getting the car rolled back onto all 4's just under 10 minutes had passed and we were back up and running. This ended up being the race for us but Wally and Paul fought through dust and rough terrain to still bring the car in ahead of many in the UTV class. We were thrilled that no one was hurt, that the car was in decent shape, and throughout the weekend we had a fantastic running Teryx. Our XMF/Walker Evans suspension was amazing! We didnt lose one tire or wheel thanks to our Walker Evans Wheels and GBC Motorsports Tires! Our Muzzys performance parts gave us the power needed to fight through the thick silt and the Monster Energy gave us the energy needed to wake up early and go out and perform at our peak.

I want to personally thank Mike Lasher and Wally for allowing me to come and be a part of the team for the second race this season. UTVUnderground.com was pleased to participate and share in the adventure and I look forward to doing it all over again in Henderson!!!! Also we want to thank all that came out in the UTV class to race and especially those of you who continue to support the Underground by running our stickers and sharing the site with your friends, teams, families, and sponsors! See you all in the desert!